“good room and service”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Lima
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed 3 July 2014

great price the desk clerk was great needed a roll away bed she had it there before we got to our and had no problems getting it for us free breakfast was good the lady setting it up was great nice that it had 6am start as we wanted a early out that morning nice place for the price

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 July 2014

After prospect baseball camp at UNOH, we stayed at Fairfield Inn. Front desk to house keeping very helpful. Breakfast was your usual, and everything was kepted full. Beds were great, so comfy. Would stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2014

After reading recent reviews, we were somewhat leery about staying here.

However, the stay turned out well. The front desk guy was very helpful,
the room was clean and quiet, the breakfast was ample.

If you find yourself in Lima, stay here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I arrived late and staff was very helpful in helping me find the location of the hotel. My room smelled like a cigarette and when I looked outside the front entrance allowed for smoking. I always saw the staff outside smoking and then going in and baking cookies.. not a great location, low end area, low end amenities. I skipped Breakfast bc the woman was previously out smoking and she prepared breakfast. Not going back to this hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Michelle F,
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Fairfield Inn Lima. I'm glad to hear that my staff was helpful upon your arrival. However, I'm sorry that the rest of your stay was not to your liking. Our goal is to impress our guests and it is clear that we came up short. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to impress you on your next trip to the area.

Michael S.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

After checking in we got our children dressed and headed down to the pool. The pool area was clean and tidy but the water tasted so salty! I wasn't trying to drink it or anything but it was hard to avoid the gross taste when it landed on you lips after going under water. At about 10:00 when we were back in our room on the second floor I received a call from the front desk. The night manger asked if I had children and explained that the people below could hear us walking on the floor. Not my fault your floors are poorly insulated!!! I told him I had three children but they weren't running around. He asked us to walk lightly and I said, "Oh sure, I guess I'll just tie them up!" "Thanks!", he said and hung up! Seriously!? The beds were very comfortable and the breakfast was very good. Not sure I would stay here again though.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Michelle6281,
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Fairfield Inn Lima. I'm glad to hear you found our beds comfortable and our complimentary breakfast very good. Please accept my apologies that the rest of your stay was less than exceptional. Please know, when we receive a noise complaint from a room it is our procedure to follow up and see if there is anything that can be done to remedy it. I apologize if my front desk was anything but professional and courteous. I will address this with them. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to host you on your next trip to Lima.

Michael S.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed one night I loved this Hotel never got to enjoy the pool or the hot tub but I will in ILL, in two weeks when I stay at Fairfield Inn Marriott in ILL, a family emergency came up that's why I stayed at your Hotel and the fact that I love your Hotel Chains keep up the good work and I only stay at Hotels that are kept up good and not some run down dump where the owners don't care you all care and I love that 5 star all the way you rock

Room Tip: The first floor by the pool area and because it's the fastest way in and out
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I don't know why, but were were expecting maybe 3-star service, amenities, etc. Kind of off-the-beaten path a ways from I75, had to kind of wind through town to get there on the west side of Lima. Heck, I didn't even know there was that type of development on the west side of Lima...still not sure why it's such a busy area. Large shopping centers, fast-food and other restaurants, etc. Got two rooms on a weekend in the middle of January for $50 through Priceline blind name-your-price bid...$62 with tax. What could we expect? Well, what a pleasant surprise. Checked in on 1/19, a Saturday night. By the following morning, looked to be at least half full, which was surprising given the time of year and location . The guy at the front desk was very pleasant. I had read other reviews with complaints about the train noise and traffic noise, so we requested an "odd numbered room" as one reviewer had advised. He gave me a quizzical look and inquired why. When I told him, he told me, "I'll get you a quiet room and if it doesn't work out, just give us a call and we'll move you". Wow. Wasn't expecting that for a $50 Priceline customer. And he did what he said. He put is us room 304, at the end away from the trains and overlooking their front parking lot. Didn't hear a train all night, and the traffic noise was minimal save for the city snow plows. Not enough to wake us up, though. It was quiet down there. The king room was larger than we expected with a lot of room between the bed and the lounge/club chair and the bed and the other wall. We joined our friends their room, the 4 of us enjoyed pizza (delivered to the room by Godfather's Pizza) and drinks in their room and we were all quite comfortable. Nice sized high-def TV with lots of channels. Spotlessly clean and odor-free. Plenty of lamps with SOFT WHITE lighting, thank you (not the sterile-white pall that many fluorescents put out...quirky pet peeve of mine). Bright bathroom with a switch where you can turn on the vent fan (many hotels don't have that), great water pressure, instant hot. FAST FREE INTERNET without having to enter stupid pass codes...thank you Marriott/Fairfield!!! Kids seemed to be having fun in the indoor pool. The one thing that caught us off guard was when we opened our curtains there was this lady looking in our window!! OK, well, not exactly...but a giant brightly-lit billboard with a picture of a smiling lady....right THERE at the edge of parking lot LOL. Oh well, with the curtains closed, the room went absolutely dark. The free breakfast was OK, standard fare for this category of hotel. Everything was well stocked, clean and the coffee was pretty good. Scrambled eggs were all crumbly and watery, though...formerly frozen, perhaps? Little sausage patties, but no sausage gravy/biscuits (~ pout ~), usual selection of yogurts, bagels, fruit formerly canned. All in all, a very comfortable, pleasant experience on a cold, snowy, blustery weekend in January. We stay in Lima every January after attending the Dayton RV Show. Sure wish we'd looked at the list of amenities and realized there was a hot tub. Forgot our swim suits, darn it. Hopefully, we'll end up at Fairfield Inn Lima via blind bid next year.

Room Tip: Just ask for a quiet area of the hotel, away from the train tracks.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends