“Comfort? NOT!”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband and I were traveling on I-75, in a construction zone. It was getting late, so we decided to stop. We did not have knowledge of the area, saw the Comfort Inn advertised in a Travel Coupons book that are passed out in local Rest Areas. Since the ad stated it was "newly renovated", we decided to stop.
I inquired if the hotel would honor the coupon, since it was late, there were only four cars inthe lot. (I thought that was odd). The young lady who ran the desk stated. "No, this is an event weekend."
I was puzzled, and inquired what the event was. She stated it was a dog show. They were expecting run off guests (NO pets allowed) and she stated the room would be $135.00 plus tax.
I was shocked, I asked do you have a pool? Any other amenities?
The response was "NO".
I asked where the nearest hotels were, she stated 20-25 miles down I-75.
We left and exactly ONE mile to the south were many hotels, with rooms. We checked into the Holiday Inn Lima, for less money, with a pool, bar, etc.
I guess I can thank that clerk for not accepting the coupon, because for only $99.00 I had a better hotel and more amenities. Plus the Holiday Inn had the dogs for the dog show!
I would not recommend this hotel based on their greed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Phyliss B
Comfort-Inn-Lima-OH, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Phyliss B,

We are pleased you found accommodations at a nearby hotel on such a busy weekend for the Lima area and you had a positive stay. We usually suggest the our brand of hotels north and south of Lima along I-75 on such busy weekends and since most of the hotels were calling our hotel from the 125 exit saying they were sold out and asking if we had rooms left. We called the Comfort Inn's near Lima each day and were positive they had availability before referring guests to them. There were a couple of events going on that particular weekend the AMA motorcycle races at the Allen County Fairground (which is what 90% of our hotel reserved guest had booked for) and an annual dog show. Our hotel does not accept pets after we did major renovation in 2008 and again in 2013. On that weekend we did not accept the $62.99 travelers coupon that are in the magazines along I-75 and it states on the coupon subject to availability and not during blackout dates and special events. Our rates for the special event weekend were $115.00 plus taxes for standard rooms and $125.00 plus taxes for Jacuzzi rooms. We still took discounts for senior citizen, military, government, AAA, and corporate guests. There are only a few times a year we don't accept the coupons other than those dates we are more than happy to accept the traveling business. Our hotel had several reservations and we were sold out on that weekend with very little walk in business.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel during March,2014 for family funeral...hotel is in an area that's kinda hard to locate if u don't know the area well. Not much around it,(waffle house and small store)...Not a very well lit area...could have been due to the construction that was going on in the area....Hotel was clean,quiet..had breakfast each morning.also had free wifi.
restaurant that was connected to hotel was shut down. we were put at back of hotel ,cause my husband wanted a smoking room,but if u wanted to go eat ,or to front desk for anything..it was a very long walk thru deserted hallways.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Comfort Inn is located very close to interstate 75 which makes it very easy to locate. The owners have completely redone this place with new paint in halls, public areas and rooms. Our room had two nicely done double beds with two different pillow selections, a large screen TV, all newer furniture, lamps and upholstered chairs. The bathroom was redone with granite like tub/shower surround, counters, etc. The microwave and frig were also new. The breakfast area was located in a large second floor area that offered lots of seating space and ample serving counters. There was also someone on staff looking after the guests needs and keeping things supplied. Very good experience. Compare this location with my review of the Days Inn in Marietta, GA that I made from a stay we did there yesterday. All for basically a few dollars difference. We would certainly stay at this Comfort Inn again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jim H
Comfort-Inn-Lima-OH, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank You so much for taking the time to review our hotel and to describe all the very detailed work we have done. We read reviews left by our guest and constantly strive to make our hotel some place you would want to stay at again. We have more planned work for the spring/summer of this year. At the end of this year we plan to have installed electronic sliding doors entering the lobby, a new entrance sidewalk with a gradual drop making it easier to roll the luggage carts from the parking lot to the main door, and lots of landscape work. Inside we are going to replace our carpet throughout all public areas of the hotel, and have even more added improvements to our guest rooms. We look forward to return visit and hearing about what you will think of the improvements.

Julie A. Fitzgerald, GM

Reviewed 14 March 2014

When I first pulled into the parking lot, there were no cars there, the building looked frumpy and the restaurant was closed down. I thought great, here we go again, glad I'm only here one night. Once I got inside, all was well. The front desk person was personable. The room was as clean as I have ever seen a hotel room clean. Even the places that are always dirty in a hotel room were clean. The bed was comfy, and breakfast was just what I like. Yes, there is still construction, and the off ramp going north to get here was crazy busy. Not much in the neighborhood as far as shopping. I stayed two nights with no problems.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Comfort-Inn-Lima-OH, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a review for our hotel on TripAdvisor. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

We are pleased you enjoyed the cleanliness of our rooms, personable front desk person, comfortable sleep accommodations, and breakfast.

Julie A. Fitzgerald

Reviewed 29 January 2014

The looks of the motel was nice. But 150 for a dam stain on a blanket. Do they not have spot removal??? I will go get this blanket if I payed that much for it. The place was noisy. The heat didn't work at all. I ended up getting sick and going to the doctor. I cant believe how bad it was in the room. Check your sheets people. And under them beds. Signed up for rewards and never got card. I would not tell people to stay at this place. Really bad.

Room Tip: Beware the maid will wake you up very early they cant read the do not disturb sign.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank bravadaofiowa
Comfort-Inn-Lima-OH, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay. As mentioned, you were charged for linen from your stay. The bed linen had been laundered twice, left in an overnight soak, and washed again using Ecolab detergent and stain removers. You were only charged for the linen that we had to reorder. The stain was quite large and started with the new white top coverlet, soaked through to the down filled blanket, sheets, and mattress pad. After the stain did not come out we disposed of the linen, we saw no reason to keep it on-hand since it would never again be used in a guest room. We had recently purchased all new linen for our 119 guest rooms from a Choice Hotel approved linen supplier, and have been getting several compliments on it and the pillows. All Comfort Inns should have or will soon be getting this nice linen. As for the complaints you left feedback about regarding your stay, this is the first time we are hearing about any problems you had during your visit. We strive to provide guest with a great stay and do our best to immediately correct any problem(s) when reported.

Julie A. Fitzgerald
Comfort Inn--Lima, Ohio

Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

In town for a night and looking for a cheaper room, so we stayed here. Due to construction to the interchange and highway I felt I was in a warzone.

It looks like it will be like this for awhile. No problems with noise at night however. I can't really comment in staff, I checked in, checked out and that was about it. Rooms were OK, bed OK. I didn't hear any neighboring rooms which is always a plus, however there weren't alot of people staying there.

I would probably look at the Howard Johnson one exit south for a bargain option as it used to be a Holiday Inn Holidrome and tons of places to eat

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2013

My plans changed so I called and cancelled my reservations. But the person who took my call did not cancel my reservations and I was charged anyway. The Manager now refuses to remove the charges from my card. I will never stay at a comfort inn again!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Customer M
Comfort-Inn-Lima-OH, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you for your feedback about your experience. This topic will be very informative for all travelers. When a reservation is cancelled all hotels provide a verbal cancellation number, and most can email or mail the cancellation if requested. It is strongly recommended that guest keep this for their records in case they are accidently charged by the hotel (which can occur). If a guest is wrongly charged, we as well as other hotels will refund the charge if a cancellation number is provided. I am not sure exactly sure who you are because of the anonymous nature of this website, but the date you indicated on your stay was June 2013. I have not received any calls recently about any charges that were wrongly made during that time. I can be contacted at 419-228-4251 and my name is Julie Fitzgerald, I am the GM of this Lima hotel and will be happy to assist you.