“best yet”

Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Lima
Lima, Ohio
“best yet”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

it has remodled. We have traveled from texas to michigan and this is best room we haved stayed in yet. Price little higher than others but still worth it.
Pets allowed. Close to interstate. Clean.
The staff is super!!!! Had help carring in my husbands oxygen machine by a young man who worked here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Sharon C
Motel6Lima, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Lima, responded to this review, 17 November 2015
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Motel 6 - Lima, OH #4900. Your feedback is very important to us.

At Motel 6, we strive to provide a superior guest experience, and I am sorry yours did not meet expectations.

Rest assured appropriate measures are being taken to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns and hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Jay Patel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is at a great location and most affordable but this hotel shows it's age. The new owners are doing an incredible amounts of improvements. I will give them a lot of credit for the obvious improvements. My problem is they are not being done correctly. Pull on the shower knob and the wall moves with it. The bathroom flickers on like a bad B movie scene and the exhaust fan needs a running start. As in my other Motel 6 review I don't like the fact that all the wash cloths and face towels are outside the room with the shower. The new laminated floors just make the noise from the upper rooms annoying from time to time. Especially when the neighbors upstairs decide to run out at 2am. It's a good value and biker friendly and would likely stay again and give them another chance.

Room Tip: Busy area with lots of traffic. Lower floor hears all the walking around upstairs.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Greg G

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Thin walls. Better bathroom in a cheap camper. Cheap flat pillows. Never stay here again. Hostile management. Noisy. Could hear toilet flush two rooms away. Sheets paper thin. Overall very bad experience, should have stayed across the street at a decent hotel.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Mark Q

Jay Patel

Travellers are raving about these Lima hotels

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Is this one typical? Top of toilet cistern completely broken, and glued together badly. Towels thin and worn.

I remember no-frills family accommodation, but I didn't expect that.

However, the room was big, the bed was comfortable, I slept well, and the TV was quite good (limited range of channels on Dish network.)

Internet cost a little extra. I wasn't told that at check in, and it was too cold outside the trek back to reception to find out how to pay for it. I would have been willing to pay the couple of dollars extra, given the cheap price of the room, if I had been told on check-in.

With the cheap price came no shampoo and there was no coffee maker. I don't know whether or not there was a breakfast on offer.

Be aware that the road between the Interstate and the Motel has been reconstructed. I got there by following the motel's sign, rather than my GPS. However, when I left, my GPS took me round the block and into a dead end where the ramp used to be.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face out onto the Interstate if you want to avoid traffic noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Margaret F

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Very friendly desk help late in the evening. It was a quick stop and got the job done. You can get a clean room for $39. No frills, the bed was comfortable, the bedding clean. No shampoo, just soap. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the Motel 6 - Lima, OH #4900.

Your feedback will be shared with the team to serve as recognition and encouragement; as we strive to continuously improve our guest experience.

Thank you again for sharing. We hope your next visit will be even better.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 20 June 2013

We have stayed here two separate times and each time was a good experience. The front desk ladies were always very nice and helpful. The one thing I don't like about this hotel chain is they charge you for the internet if you want to use it every 24 hours. The rooms are very spacious! They were big enough for two people to play the Xbox Kinect in. And the beds! Oh gosh they are so comfy I don't know what it is about them but I sleep great there. The pillows are also very fluffy and comfy! It's a very cheap place to stay and worth every penny!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank asherdasher63

Clemson, South Carolina
Reviewed 27 May 2013

This is a good clean room with a comfortable bed. Two containers of coffee in the morning made for no waiting. The people were very nice. Motel 6 has no extras, but for a bed for the night, it can be a good deal.

We had difficulty finding the motel in the dark. Our first attempt put us back on I-75.

My only complaint was that there are not grab bars in the shower. Grab bars would make it safer for senior citizens entering and exiting the shower.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple