“good find!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lisbon
Lock 30 Woodlands RV Campground Resort
Belhaven, North Carolina
“good find!”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I was travelling through Ohio and stayed here over Memorial Day weekend, not sure what to expect. Sites were huge, green and well-maintained, bathrooms were spotless, staff was on top of things. This might be the best river front property I've seen east of the Mississippi with plenty for the kids to do-but no there's no fast food beyond ice cream. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd actually give it a twenty if there was a concession stand that served burgers and pizza! Not cheap, but I would expected to pay twice the amount given the beauty and value. Fabulous clubhouse and pool. We'll return.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Deb676_10

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We just got back from staying 3 nights at this campground. The short answer is, we won't be going back there. $45 a night was a little steep for what we got. The bathrooms were clean, I'll give them that, but 1 of the 3 showers did not work. 1 of the 2 toilets worked partially. One day, there was no toilet paper in the restroom, the second day one stall had some and the second stall didn't. As far as the fishing lake, if you like catching fish under 8" long, you will love it. On the flip side, fishing Beaver Creek was a blast. I had never caught a smallmouth bass before. My first day fishing I hooked at least 10 of them. That was the highlight of my trip. Be careful though because you have a huge hilly walk in front of you to do any fishing. They want to sell you wood at $20 a load (3ft X 2 ft. or so). They did not want wood brought in because of the Emerald Ash Borer, even though the O.D.A. has lifted the quarantine in all Ohio Counties. Cash cow for them. We were told we could bring in wood like 2X4's and building lumber type wood. One of our campers got lucky and found an Amish Sawmill selling their drops for $12 a truckload, so we had all the firewood we needed. There are a few places close by selling wood also. It was pretty quiet at night, we had no trouble there. The staff was pretty friendly when we had contact with them. It was too cold for people to swim, so can't talk about that, pool looked nice though. One word of warning, they have speed bumps that are unbelievable. I have a Toyota Tacoma pulling an 18ft. trailer and I thought I was going to rip off my mud flaps as I went over them, even without the trailer. If you go to the drive on the right upon entering, the bumps are worse than going left. If you pull a trailer and leave your tongue leveler down some, you will definitely bend it. Going right I scraped on all 3 of them, going left I only scraped on 2 out of 4 bumps. Why they had to go so high I have no idea. They did let our group use the pavilion one evening for a group meal without charging us, which surprised all of us. It looked like the only organized activity for kids this holiday weekend was a trip around the campground once a day on an old firetruck. All in all, we've camped at worse places, but for the price, I was expecting a little more here than what we got.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank mikeandwife91
Canal Winchester, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We rented one of two condos available for a week. It was late winter and the condo was like home away from home. All the amenities we could expect and then some. A great value. I plan to return during warmer weather to take advantage of the beautiful campground.

• Stayed March 2012
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Upon arrival, the campground was clean and lovely. Unfortunately, we were terrorized by someone throwing rocks at us from the woods at night. We did not feel safe and left all of our belongings and went to the Days Inn to spend the night. The next day we notified the management and they inspected the woody area behind our campsite to discover muddy boot prints and an empty liquor bottle. This was very unsettling to me as we had several teenage girls in our party. We reqested to move campsites, but were denied even though the campground was empty. We moved all of our belongings under the pavillion and slept under the lights the next night. The disappointing part of this story is the lack of care given by the management. They didn't check on us one to ask if we were safe or happy with our camping arrangements. We left a day early and I will not return.

Room Tip: Do not pick a campsite the backs up to the trail.