All reviewsrosebud cabinpine ridgeget awayhot tubfire pithocking hillswe loved our stayyear wedding anniversaryperfect sizedeckweekendgrillwalmartdvdspicnicohio
Reviewed 24 August 2009

I stayed here with a group of 10 girlfriends and was expecting decent lodging based on the price of $320 per night. However, the shower had the power of a drippy faucet and was either icy cold or scalding hot. The grill was filthy and more of a flame thrower-- we would have been better off trying to make burgers over the fire. Also, while I knew it wouldn't be luxury by any means, I was very disappointed with cleanliness of the cabin in general. The bedding was soiled and tattered and overall everything in the cabin had a damp feel to it. If you decide to stay here, plan on roughing it -- bring your own and don't count on anything being provided in the cabin. The grill and shower barely work and the fridge is super tiny considering that the place sleeps then people. Good luck!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
4  Thank kruppee
bluerosecabins, Manager at Blue Rose Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2010

We take great pride in the cleanliness of our cabins, so not sure about this....We clean our grill after each guest departs. The water pressure in this cabin is fine until after the 8th person or so takes their shower in a row. Then, it will start to get weak. This is a bigger cabin that sleeps 10 with only 1 bathroom. The refridgerator is a full size refridgerator that you will find in most home kitchens.

Reviewed 26 April 2009

We stayed at a one-room cabin - Sweet Dreams. This was our first wedding anniversary, so we really liked the seclusion. It was a really cute one-room cabin. It was DEFINITELY worth the price. You can't stay at a cheap motel for $99 anymore - and there you don't have a private hot tub, porch, or fire ring. The mattress was a little worse-for-wear, but the sheets and towels were clean, as was everything else in the cabin. I would definitely suggest bringing your own bottled water for drinking, however. There was a strong sulfer smell when the water was on (but no big deal - we always come prepared with bottled water wherever we go). I loved that we weren't crammed in with other cabins - there was a good amount of space. For the money you pay, you get a lot. Plus, when you go to nature areas like Hocking Hills, you're not going to want to stay in your cabin all day, anyway. :)

Oh, and cell phones - mine didn't work, but my husband had full bars on his cell, so no problem. I would suggest calling the owners before you go, to get more detailed directions, however. There was no street sign on Phelps Road (not that we saw), and we had to stop a local to ask where it was.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank MsMcGee
Reviewed 24 October 2008

We recently stayed in the Rosebud cabin and we were very disappointed with our stay. The brochure claims that these are secluded luxury cabins. There was nothing luxurious about our cabin. We have stayed at other cabins in Hocking Hills and they were in much better shape than this cabin. The first thing that was a big turn off was the carpet in the downstairs bedroom; it smelled and looked awful. We all wore socks because we were really grossed out. The sheets and the towels were not much better, old and worn out. There were not enough pillow cases to sleep 8 people. It's kind of gross to sleep on a pillow without a pillow case. The furniture looked old and worn out. The patio furniture was ripped up. The whole place did not seem too clean and needed a lot of renovations. We paid over $300.00/night so I guess we expected a little more. It's a shame because the location is nice.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
5  Thank Maggs123

We take great pride in our cleanliness, so not sure about this one...The carpet is fine and has no odor at all. We do have enough pillow cases for 8...they just looked over them and did not see them. The towels and linens are new!

Reviewed 16 March 2008

It was nice for my husband and I to get away however Blue Rose Cabins needs some definate improvements. They say it s great for a romantic getaway, they only had 1 nice wine glass. The other was a plastic piece of crap that came from someone's wedding I think. The Hot tub was nice, however there was no skid pads on the steps and no railing....we almost killed ourselves when there was snow on the steps and we were wet. There is no hand railing on the front porch steps, so my husband fell down them because of the blizzard conditions. It is really funny the lady called me and told me I could check in early due to weather...It clearly states on their website that you can not reschedule due to weather so I didnt' bother to ask. They have NO phone in their cabins and cell phone reception in definately out of the question so if something happens you can't get ahold of anyone! No one even checks on you. You are down there on your own. There was several inches of snow when we went. They didn't even plow our driveway! I could go on and on and on. After I got home I sent them and email and told them about the batteries being dead in the remote controls and everything else, and she called and chewed me out on the phone. VERY BAD BUSINESS. TRUST ME YOU DON"T EVER WANT TO STAY AT BLUE ROSE CABINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5  Thank ARMYWIFE31
bluerosecabins, Owner at Blue Rose Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2008

We are very sorry this guest was not happy with her stay. We did however contact her earlier due to weather and told her she could reschedule since the weather was so bad at that time! She said she wanted to go ahead and go forward with the trip eventhough we told her we will not be able to plow yet until the weather clears. That is the reason nobody was there when she was!! As far as her other complaints, we are confused....we always stock proper wine glasses in our cabins, have batteries for the remotes, etc. We do have a phone on the property guests can use if they want since cell phone is very spotty in the area. Nobody 'chewed her out' on the phone after their stay either? We are not sure why and what is making her claim this. We always strive for superior customer service at all times. Thank you.