“Expected More”

The Olde Dutch Restaurant & Banquet Haus
Ranked #2 of 40 Restaurants in Logan
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located in the scenic Hocking Hills just off the SR 664 exit of U.S. 33, we offer Amish-inspired meals, daily buffet and desserts, all reasonably priced in a comfortable, friendly atmosphere. We offer banquet rooms (for up to 300) for special events, such as wedding receptions. There's also take-out and catering services. We host a weekly historical society flea market outside (May through October). A new feature is "Music at the Dutch" in which we provide live music from a variety of genres. Our gift shop has a wide range of merchandise and there's a petting zoo just outside. You'll find us in Rempel's Grove by Baymont Inn & Suites, Hocking Hills Canoe Livery, 18-hole miniature golf, antique mall, glass factory outlet, bulk food and deli store and ice cream shop. Walmart and other shops are across the road; from the welcome center we're just 0.5 miles away. We have parking for buses and RVs.
Dayton, OH
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Expected More”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

My boyfriend and I stopped here to eat after some hiking. He had the buffet (didn't realize it was a buffet style) and I ordered a Reuben sandwich. My food was delicious! Maybe it was the fact I was starving after a long hike that made it so good, I don't know. My boyfriend didn't much like the buffet. I just wasn't impressed. I thought it would be more Dutch, more of a specialty type restaurant. I was just expecting more. Plus we both had the belly aches afterward as well. We won't be coming back next time.

• Visited June 2014

Westerville, Ohio
“Good Buffet, Great Prices, Fantastic Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

After a long, hot day of hiking in the Hocking Hills area, we stopped at the The Olde Dutch Restaurant in Logan, Ohio for an early dinner before starting our journey home. We arrived at about 4:15 which entitiled us to lunch prices (until 4:30!). Most of our group of 6 got the buffet. The buffet included salad bar, hot food items, and a dessert bar (I'll get to that shortly!). The salad bar was nicely stocked with fresh items. There were about 4 different kinds of salad dressing and all the typical toppings. The hot bar was very good as well. Broasted chicken (very tasty), hot wings, chicken and noodles, turkey, roast beef, lima beans, green beans, mashed potatoes, and a baked pasta dish--just to name a few things. Everything was fresh and well stocked. There was an employee who appeared to be stationed at the bar, constantly restocking and cleaning.

The dessert bar was incredible--better than any Amish buffet I'd ever been too. They offerred several different cream pies (chocolate and lemon), fruit pies (peach and blueberry), german chocolate cake, boston cream pie, and hand-packed ice cream that you could dip yourself.

Our server was very attentive, keeping our water glasses full all the time. And, for being an early hour, the restaurant was pretty steady with customers--a good sign that the locals enjoy eating there as well.

• Visited June 2014
Lockbourne
“Food & Fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Originally went there for a business meeting. They have long cloth covered tables in a fairly large eating room. They have a menu of course, but they also feature a buffet. The turkey on the buffet was excellent.
I returned there the following weekend with my family. My daughter can't eat wheat, and I noticed for the first time that a lot of the food is fried in batter. The 7 year old doesn't like sweets. He prefers fruits. Luckily he liked the turkey. The 6 year old girl feasted on the dessert buffet. They have a tremendous selection of pies. So the food is adequate but not a huge selection.
The main attraction is not the restaurant, but the free petting zoo at the end of the building. The little pygmy goats and the deer entranced all of us. There was also a coin operated horse that could have been present in the 1950's and a charming merry go round. I also saw a mini golf course next door. So if you have a slow weekend, take the kids and go.

• Visited April 2014
Solon, Ohio
“Great Buffet! Great Price! Awesome Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a country style restaurant. You walk through their store and then are seated. You can choose from menu items, or you can get the buffet . . . with a fantastic dessert bar! The food is home/southern (Dutch ;-) ) comfort food. If you are after complex flavors and gourmet dining you will want to avoid this restaurant. If you are looking for a good food, relaxed dining, great desserts . . . and maybe visit their petting zoo next door, you will love this place.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Brad D
Columbus, Ohio
“Olde Dutch restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Went today for lunch with my wife and 2 youngest kids. Food was pretty good, hot, decent selection, although there was no Mac and cheese on the buffet which disappointed me and the kids. Loved the turkey, the fried chicken was pretty bland. The dessert buffet was good, nice selection, but didn't have all the pie options they offered. I would visit again

• Visited May 2014