“Great Buffet...Good Food...Great Staff”

The Olde Dutch Restaurant & Banquet Haus
Ranked #2 of 40 Restaurants in Logan
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet
Description: Located in the scenic Hocking Hills just off the SR 664 exit of U.S. 33, we offer Amish-inspired meals, daily buffet and desserts, all reasonably priced in a comfortable, friendly atmosphere. We offer banquet rooms (for up to 300) for special events, such as wedding receptions. There's also take-out and catering services. We host a weekly historical society flea market outside (May through October). A new feature is "Music at the Dutch" in which we provide live music from a variety of genres. Our gift shop has a wide range of merchandise and there's a petting zoo just outside. You'll find us in Rempel's Grove by Baymont Inn & Suites, Hocking Hills Canoe Livery, 18-hole miniature golf, antique mall, glass factory outlet, bulk food and deli store and ice cream shop. Walmart and other shops are across the road; from the welcome center we're just 0.5 miles away. We have parking for buses and RVs.
Batavia, Ohio
“Great Buffet...Good Food...Great Staff”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

During our recent visit to Hocking Hills, we decided to give The Old Dutch Restaurant a try. We loved is so much, we came back the very next night for dinner too.

When you enter the restaurant, you have to make your way through the gift shop area to the host/hostess. The hostess was very nice and friendly and quickly seated us. Both nights we opted for the buffet ($14.99).

Here's a rundown of some of the items on the buffet:

Nice selection of salad items, dressing, turkey, salisbury steak, beef, pork ribs, fried chicken, battered fish, mashed potatoes, beef or chicken gravy, corn nuggets, stuffed peppers, green beans, scalloped potatoes, chicken livers, hot wings, rolls, chicken nuggets, soup, etc.

For dessert on the buffet:
Lemon pie, peach pie, coconut cream pie, egg custard pie, red velvet cake, etc.

The food was excellent, and fresh. We will definitely be back again.

• Visited July 2014

“My Amish Country Dining Experience”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Though tropical places and mountain ranges might be on my dad's side, there is no place like Amish Country. It is my favorite type of place and always will be. The best part about it is getting to dine in at a Dutch Restaurant. The staff here at Olde Dutch are welcome to ask any questions you have in mind, have a really good appearance, and have the best etiquette and professionalism that any restaurant has ever had!! Though my favorite places Dutch Country Pennsylvania, Berlin and Sugarcreek might be pretty far from me, Logan is the closest hotspot for Amish Country meals. I always grant my heavenly Father grace before I jump in to a good home cooked meal, and like the Amish, I don't play electronics much, I enjoy talking with my family, being outside, and I always put God first. I also enjoy going outside and working out in my farmland where you will see lots of Amish and scenic views. I am always living on "farming time" and I will still enjoy "farm food". Plus I also have an Amish Cookbook from the restaurant that I use now and then to cook lunch and dinner. If anyone goes through Logan, Ohio, I would recommend dining at this place!! It is great experience that everyone will enjoy!

Medina, Ohio
“good comfort food”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Nice buffet and home cooking. Soft fresh dinner rolls the size of a softball and great desert bar too!

Visited June 2014
Doylestown, Ohio
“one of the best buffets in Ohio”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We live near Amish country and have been to many wonderful buffets and Amish cooking. The Olde Dutch Restaurant is the best value for the price. There are also coupons in the local tourist magazine with coupons that may be used. Staff was very attentive.

Dayton, OH
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Expected More”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My boyfriend and I stopped here to eat after some hiking. He had the buffet (didn't realize it was a buffet style) and I ordered a Reuben sandwich. My food was delicious! Maybe it was the fact I was starving after a long hike that made it so good, I don't know. My boyfriend didn't much like the buffet. I just wasn't impressed. I thought it would be more Dutch, more of a specialty type restaurant. I was just expecting more. Plus we both had the belly aches afterward as well. We won't be coming back next time.