“HORRIBLE! BAIT AND SWITCH. BUYER BEWARE!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Hocking Hills Cabins
Ranked #7 of 29 Speciality Lodging in Logan
Reviewed 31 May 2011

The owner did the EXACT SAME THING to me that she did to the woman who wrote the review in February 2011, except I made the mistake of making reservations and showing up. I went in with two groupons and she told me I could only use one. I read her the "fine print" on the groupon and it had absolutely no restrictions on how many could be used at one time. She literally told me "well, then it's groupon's fault and you have to deal with them. Not my problem". Not only did she say that, she said the exact same thing to me about how "Groupon's purpose is to bring more people in". She was incredibly rude. I walked out and will NEVER go there and encourage all of you to STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
21  Thank antlerwaffle

Reviewed 8 April 2011

Being a previous resident of the Hocking Hills..I had not been back to in 5 years. Only had one night, however, it was so wonderful to go back to the quietness...Our cabin was absolutely perfect for us. The owners have obviously taken into consideration all the needs of a tenant..and most impressive to me, it was obviously how well they were maintained. Having an owner on site and taking care of a property is huge in my opinion. I had absolutely no concerns over the cleanliness of the unit and also of the hot tub. At night it was so relaxing to sit in the hot tub and soak in the sounds of NOTHING! and in the morning...I sat outside with my coffee and listened to the sounds of the birds...I heard cardinals-woodpeckers and a mockingbird...wonderful! Already thinking about when we can return.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BuckeyeRover
Reviewed 30 March 2011

We stayed in Sweet Seclusion. It was an adorable, very clean cabin. It sat back in the woods but was still close to good shopping and hiking. They have all kinds of add-ons that make your stay really easy. We took advantage of breakfast and lunch bundles, as well as popcorn and a movie. It was perfect for our first anniversary, and we plan on returning for our second.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank zazumaster
Reviewed 15 March 2011

If you are visiting Hocking Hills this is a wonderful place to stay. We had two people in the "Sunset" Cabin and it was the perfect size. The beds were comfortable, ammenities very adequate, and the hot tub was clean.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank vystra
Reviewed 6 March 2011

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at Happiness Is. The hot tub on the porch was great, the cabin was cozy, and a nice fireplace. The fireplace would have been great if wood was provided, we felt it should have been included. The couch was a little worn, but not uncomfortable. We got the package that included pizza, popcorn, soda and muffins for the morning. The pizza wasn't that great, the popcorn and soda were expired. The muffins and bread were delicious. We had problems with the dvd player, but we weren't really there to watch a movie. Over all the stay was a nice getaway, but for the price it would have been nice to not have some of the minor issues.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2011

I received two separate Groupon gift certificate for $105 off, or a free night, with Hocking Hills Cabins (http://www.hhcabins.com/) for my birthday. I was very much looking forward to a night away.

However, I had to call four days in a row to get through to reservations (no one answered the phone)! When I finally got through to reservations, the woman on the phone was rude, abrasive, unprofessional and uncooperative. When I asked if I could combine two Groupons I had received as gifts, she blatantly accused me of "trying to cheat" and "trying to break the rules." She said that the purpose of those Groupons were to get MORE guests, not the same guests TWICE. Once she said this, I began to worry about the integrity of this establishment and have decided to not make a reservation at all.

After all, if the phone service is this bad, who can imagine what the accommodations are like?! To attract MORE rather than REPEAT customers make me worried. There are many rental options in Hocking Hills that I have had pleasurable experiences with, check them out first!

Please take this review to heart, I am willing to lose out of $210.00 worth of gift certificates rather than to be treated in such an unprofessional and rude manner. Save your time, money, and patience and be treated with kindness and respect from another rental company.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
15  Thank cincyalli
Reviewed 14 January 2011

The cabin we stayed in was the Anniversary Cabin. The cabin itself was immaculate and the view was very nice. Hot tub on the back porch was amazing the fireplace was great. There are alot of things to do within a reasonable driving range that is if your willing to leave. Also there are quite a few restaraunts close by but don't let it fool you, you are well away from any heavy traffic or anything to disturb or distract you. Over all our trip coldn't have been better. Unless we'd have stayed longer.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple