Hocking Hills Serenity Cabins
Holiday Inn Express Logan(Logan)(Great Value!)
US$142
Budget Inn(Logan)
US$103
US$202
  • Breakfast included
Hocking Hills Cabins(Logan)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$182
US$155
Priceline
US$136
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewssnuggle innview lodgestar lodgepool tablezero complaintshuge deckhot tub was nicefire ringsecluded cabinhiking trailsrockylonefurnituretubsmicrowavegrocerieswalmart
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We arrived on Friday, August 8 with the intention of having a cabin suitable for our small family. My wife and three year old son couldn't be happier. Everything from the kitchen (which provided more convenient utensils and appliances than any other cabin we've patroned previous), bathroom, bedroom and deck were spotless clean. The hottub was in perfect working order. My wife and I wanted a cabin that was one level to make it toddler friendly. Our son can play inside and out without us worrying about his safety, as we watch and enjoy his happiness. The convenient location allows access to the road, yet while on the back deck, we were protected from excessive noise. We love the ambiance and serenity provided, while having access to modern conveniences. Thanks to the Weavers for providing us with a quality cabin for an enjoyable vacation.

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank phenningz
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We stayed at the Rocky View Lodge July 21 thru July 25. We had 10 people (2 grandparents, 4 adults, 4 teenagers from 12-17). The lodge was the perfect size for our group. After reading some reviews I was a little worried about what we would find when we got there, but I was pleasantly surprised to find a large, open, clean, comfortable cabin that we all enjoyed staying in for the four nights. Yes there is a still a broken window (one pane of a double pane) by the pool table, yes there are still some missing knobs on the appliances, and yes the water smells... Big deal! None of these things bothered any of us in the least. We cooked and grilled all our meals with the equipment provided with no problems. We has 3 great fires in the fire pit. We used the hot tub each night and it was not dirty (put in a couple of ounces of the chlorine powder each night after use to keep it fresh). The beds and towels were clean. We saw old wasp nests, but never saw a wasp or hornet inside or out! (We did bring spray and sprayed some nests anyways just in case)

All in all it was a really nice experience for all of us, and I would not hesitate to recommend this cabin to anyone

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Doublecheeze
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I want to say this was a great place to stay. We were a little concerned about previous reviews and I want to address them from personal experience. The water was perfectly clean and no bad odor, there were no bugs (hardly any outside, even) and certainly no sign of rodents. As for responsiveness of the owner/operator, we had great service. They answered every time (and we bothered them more than I normally would - sorry about that) we had a question or concern. If anything, I would say it was almost too nice. We have stayed in various Hocking cabins over the years and this was almost like a house, not roughing it at all. My only word of caution is that access is difficult with a regular car. It rained and we almost got stuck getting out. Luckily I have good experience driving in these areas, but I wish I still had my Jeep. (My Nissan Sentra had trouble, but we got my wife's minivan through fine). As for privacy, it is not a secluded as many we have stayed at, and we could see many of the other cabins in the area had cars at them as we drove there. I was a little concerned, but we found that with all the trees we never heard or noticed the neighbors. It might be different in the winter. Overall, we loved it and I would definitely recommend it to anyone, especially if you don't care for the older, less well equipped cabins in the area. Our kids had a wonderful time and we, the parents got a nice relaxing break. To explain my rating below: swimming pool refers to the hot tub and I only rated the location a 4 because of the closeness of the neighboring cabins. It is, however favorably located if you want to go to any of the area attractions (caves, canoeing, zip line etc.) We stayed 4th of July and it was just a short drive to the Nelsonville train ride and fireworks show.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Chaim P
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We stayed at the rocky view lodge June 16 thru the 21. We looked forward to the walking trails and the mini caves and we get there, their was none just no trespassing signs and private property signs. There was not enough towels to last three days, we had to go wash them so we could get there the rest of the week. The hot tub was dirty. The furniture was old and worn out you sunk far down in. The window downstairs is still broken. The sinks in the bathrooms drain very slowly. The path to the fire pit was half grown over with weeds. Half the chairs at the fire pit area was broken they pinch your legs when you sit in them. Not very secluded you can see the other cabin from where you are at. The cabin itself is beautiful it's just every else that goes with it.
The doorknob on the door leading out to the hot tub was about to fall off had to tighten up that so we could use the door. So if they drain and refill hot tub every time they would have seen that.
They said they had a grill so we not going to bring ours but thank god we did. The grill that they have is not suitable for a animal to use. The grill was full of ashes and had not been cleaned in a very long time very nasty. I took a lot of my family with me and I was very disappointed.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank albrechtohio
Reviewed 28 May 2013

My husband and I stayed with 9 other friends plus kids in this house for memorial day weekend. It is true to driveway is steep, so be careful, but I would like to give a fair and honest review of the cabin itself. First of all, after reading the reviews on this site I had very low expectations of what we would find (my friend is the one who booked it). My first impression when we walked in the door was: Wow! The floors, walls and ceiling are made of nice shiny clean looking wood...secondly I thought that it was incredibly clean and the space was nice and big and open for our large group. There is plenty of seating for all of us to sit down to dinner together. The bed that my husband and I slept in was very comfortable and clean. The bathrooms were clean and I found no issue with water pressure at all. There were plenty of dishes and cookware available and and my husband and some other friends enjoyed the hot tub a couple of the nights and said that it was nice and hot and seamed to be clean as well. We didn't get the chance to have a fire in the fire pit, but I saw it and it looked like a nice little area. There were plenty of plastic deck chairs (though they were stacked and would probably have to wiped off a bit if we used them). We only used the T.V. to play dvds for the kids, but it worked just fine. Overall I was impressed with the place and thought it worked perfectly for our large group to sleep comfortably, play games, and make meals and eat them together. We spent most of the daytime going on nearby hikes at the different parks which were ALL AMAZING (though some a bit dangerous--stay on the path!) Here are some small things that I will point out that would make the stay at this cabin better: 1. There are no screens in the windows! We happened to be there during a stretch of nice cool weather, but were unable to open the windows to enjoy the breeze and the cabin became hot and stuffy with all of us in it (if we were to open them, bugs and moths would fly in like crazy!) I suggest the owner please install screens--we would not have turned on the AC if we could have opened the windows which would save lots of money...
2. There was toilet paper and kitchen towels, but not enough to last us the 4 days we stayed, I would suggest bringing some of your own, or else the owners need to supply a bit more of these two things.
3. It is true that the handle and two knobs are broken off of the microwave and stove, we were still able to use them, but it would be nice if those things could be repaired for the convenience factor--plus it just didn't match up with how nice the cabin was.
4. We were not fans of the 2 leather couches in the living room area. The cushions would slip forward every time you sat on them and you would sink into the hole--this was just uncomforable for seating purposes (we all fought over the tow couches that were not made of leather :)!
5. As for the wasps/hornets. There was one large hornet in the cabin in the whole 4 days that we were there and that is all. Now, we happened to be there during 60-70 degree weather, so I don't know if it would have been worse if it was hot out--I counted at least 12 wasp nests in different stages of development under the edges of the roof of the walk-around porch, but being in the woods I would expect they would try to build nests like that under shelter...We did spray and knock down a couple that were by the door for safety for the kids, but those things build fast--I would not be surprised if the owners knocked down a bunch of nests last week and all the ones we saw were new ones! I would just caution that there were a lot of nests, so hopefully the owners will continually spray and knock them down because I imagine in hot weather they are more active and this might explain the other reviews where hornets were in the house!
Overall: if you have a large group and want to be nearby Hocking Hills hiking trails, I would recommend this place taking into account the things I said above. :)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends