“Not good for Business Travelers”

Holiday Inn Express Logan
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Logan
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Overall, I really disliked having to stay at this hotel. What really kills me is that I paid over eight hundred dollars for a hotel room for five days - and the room didn't even include a mini fridge and/or a microwave! That seems like an exceedingly basic level of amenity to me, as a person who travels a lot for business. I am stunned that the Baymont Inn and Suites was a drastically better hotel than a Holiday Inn Express. STUNNED.

Also: I specifically asked when my room receipt would be dropped off before I checked out,and was told it would be between 12:30 and 1:00 AM,which WOULD have been perfect, since I had to leave for a very early meeting at around 5:20 AM, and didn't want to have to risk being late in order to get that receipt. Luckily, I underestimated the staff, and was able to get the receipt from the front desk before I left. It did not leave a great taste in my mouth.

The only staff that performed up to my expectations were the housekeeping crew, so I made sure to tip them.

I had to book this hotel at the last minute, but if I have any choice in the matter, I won't stay here again in the future. You'd probably have a different perception of the hotel if you were just using it as a starting point for hiking or other outdoor experiences in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Michael R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Logan, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Thank you for taking your time to fill out this review. I am so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. I will be sure to look into this matter for you so it will not happen again. Our goal is to provide the best guest service that we can when you stay in the area. Please give our hotel another chance, you can call me personally to make the reservation. The number is 740-385-7700

Thank you again for the Review!

- Michael Ritchey
Assistant Manager

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Logan

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Friendly staff and great accommodations. Great location right off the highway although a title tricky to get to the first time
Quiet, clean and comfortable room. Standard IHG breakfast fare.
Thanks for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Michael R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Logan, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you for your amazing comment. I will be sure to forward your comments onto the staff. We are always so glad to hear when we make a guests stay superb! Comments like yours help us know when we are doing something right!

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you stay at the Hocking Hills Holiday Inn Express!

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Nice location right off the highway. The front desk staff is unfailingly polite. Very clean, newer location. Do your best to get a 3rd floor room, though. We only specified "upper floor" and ended up on the 2nd. As a result, when the person staying above us got up at 4 a.m., we also got up at 4 a.m. Like most hotels, this one has little soundproofing, so you're going to hear everything above you and to the sides of you.

Room Tip: 3rd floor, 3rd floor, 3rd floor. Did I mention 3rd floor?
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kcboy
Michael R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Logan, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Thank you for taking your time to fill out this review. We are sorry to hear that you were unable to get a room on the 3rd floor. We apologize for the inconvenience this caused you during your stay. Please do not hesitate to mention any noise issues or floor preferences to our staff as we always have someone here to assist you for your convenience.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your future stays with us!

Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

This inn did everything right. The rooms and bed are comfy. Everything from check in to out was great! The room was was larger than a more expensive stay I had elsewhere. The location is nice. The facility is fairly new and well kept. The staff is helpful. Breakfast is typical. No complaints. It is rare from start to finish to have not one single glitch. Bravo!

• Stayed: February 2014
Michael R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Logan, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Thank you for taking your time to fill out this review! We appreciate your kind words about our facility! We do our best to keep the hotel clean and operational! Hopefully while you were down in the area you were able to explore the Hocking Hills State Park! Weather has been a bit erratic but spring will soon be here!

We look forward to your return and thank you again for staying at the Hocking Hills Holiday Inn Express

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Very clean, very friendly and very reasonable place to stay. I would highly recommend this hotel! Great location for visiting Hocking Hills State Park and the Hocking Hills area. Super complimentary breakfast, don't miss it.

• Stayed: February 2014
Michael R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Logan, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thank you so much for taking your time to fill out this review! We strive to give the best guest service and hotel experience! I will be sure to let my staff know that you appreciated their hard work!

Thank you again and please come back soon for Spring and Summer Seasons! The Hocking Hills State Park is a beautiful place to visit!

Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

We wanted a cabin in the Hocking Hills but they were all booked up so we stayed here. Staff is friendly - every single one we ran into- and efficient. The woman doing breakfast did a great job at keeping up cheerfully even though it was packed. Rooms are clean, average rooms. Pool area is great for families - they keep the pool warm enough so you can actually hang out without getting cold. There are tables and chairs around and a really hot hot tub (I am guessing temp @ 102). Both were exceptionally clean. So, for a hotel in this class, everything is what it should be and done right. Also great location for hiking Hocking Hills and restaurants within walking distance.

Stayed: February 2014
Michael R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Logan, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Thank you for taking your time to fill out this review! I am so happy to see that the staff has treated you so well! I’ll be sure to pass along your nice comments to them! We also keep our pool in the 102 degree range! So that was a great guess! Please come back soon so we can further meet your expectations!

Thank you again and we will look forward to your future reservations with our hotel!

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I really like this Holiday Inn. It's clean, has a hot tub and pool that's open 24 hours. You don't see that at hotels often, most close around 10 or 11p. There's a workout room, which I would have used if I weren't in the area to hike for miles and miles. The breakfast is typical of most hotels. Nothing special there but definitely nice to have. I would recommend they put a microwave in the dining area. However, the staff is wonderful. Since there was no microwave, we asked one of the staff members to pop our microwave popcorn (3 bags). Not only did she pop it for us, she delivered it to our room! She even brought a salt shaker, "just in case we needed it." That was so nice. She insisted on delivering it, even though I told her I would come back down to pick it up. Also, Michael, one of the managers, was very helpful in extending our stay. He was very friendly and a pleasure to deal with. While in the area, everyone should visit the Millstone, which is next door... probably best bbq in Ohio. We will definitely be back because this is a nice place to stay and we love the Hocking Hills area.

Room Tip: Always ask for top floor, unless you have noisy kids, then take the bottom floor to be considerate o...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Michael R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Logan, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out this review! It was such a joy to have you and your family here for the winter! We are always look forward to seeing you again and I will make sure that the staff see's just how much you appreciated their hard work and dedication to making your stay great!

Thank you again and we will look forward to seeing you stay here again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Logan
Baymont Inn & Suites Logan
Hampton Inn Lancaster
Hampton Inn Lancaster
#1 of 5 in Lancaster
Fairfield Inn & Suites Athens
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Athens
Baymont Inn & Suites Lancaster
Holiday Inn Express Lancaster

Been to Holiday Inn Express Logan? Share your experiences!