“Great time rappelling in Hocking Hills!”
Review of Trek Network

Trek Network
Ranked #2 of 4 Tours in Logan
More attraction details
Owner description: Hocking Hills Adventure Trek is a TrekNetwork company. Our local guides lead urban and outbound adventures and team building events across Ohio. Our treks are ideal for couples, kids, families and groups of all kinds. Professionally guided options include rock climbing or rappelling in the Hocking Hills, Cleveland, Columbus, Dayton / Cincinnati or Springfield. Guided hikes and edible forest treks, belly boat fishing, archery, living history presentations, magical and artistic events are also available on-demand. Beginners are welcome, no experience is needed and all equipment is provided. Everything we do is a private event and available as a stand alone activity that can be customized or combined a la carte with other events. All treks are booked in advance on our website or by calling ahead.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Our guide, Andy, and the rappelling trip was great! In addition to a fun (and safe) rappelling experience, he shared knowledge of the area, showed us which leaves are edible, and was personable throughout our trek. Our introductory course led us over 35' cliffs and left us wanting more. We will be back to do the 6 hour tour (hopefully in 2014)!

2  Thank PSUalum

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We initially signed up for a naturalist-led hike and rock climb. However, when we arrived at our meeting point, it was storming. After waiting it out for about 15 minutes, we put on our ponchos and went for it. Our guide, Andy, was incredibly friendly and understanding with our kids (8 and 11), who were a bit nervous after the storm. He also pointed out that we were in a deciduous rain forest, so in a way it was appropriate to hike in a little rain! We saw caves, waterfalls, and animals that we never could have found on our own - this hike is "off the beaten path" and so doesn't include popular tourist spots that we could easily manage ourselves. We also learned what is edible (and ate some very sour leaves) and not in the forest. In the end, we weren't able to complete our rock climb because of the weather. Jim, the owner, called me up the day after our trip and offered to cut the cost of the trip in half since we didn't get the climb in. He certainly didn't have to do this as it's made clear that they hike rain or shine, but I really appreciated it! Friendly staff all around, and I highly recommend this trek to anyone interested!

5  Thank Erin M
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We enjoyed a rock climbing trek in July and found it thoroughly enjoyable and a great experience. Myself and three of my boys (ages 8, 11 and 14) have never done any real rock climbing with equipment and even my youngest enjoyed it although he was very apprehensive at times. Our very capable guide AJ helped all of us be successful which was a challenge due to a not always cooperative 8 yr. old. If you want to try a great experience I would highly recommend this company. We will definitely use this company again (likely rappelling next time).

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Our guide, Cornelius was very friendly and supportive, just a great attitude all around. We fished in two different ponds, each one we had all to ourselves. There was plenty of fish to be caught, even by me, who had no prior experience at all. Learned a lot, but also had a very relaxing time. Well worth the trip.

1  Thank Matt W
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My daughter and I was looking for activities to do while enjoying Hocking Hills and read an article about outdoor yoga with Adventure Trek. We called Jim and very quickly he set up an appointment with Shirley the yoga instructor. She was able to obtain a permit for entry into Salt Petre Caves state nature preserve for our yoga session. After a short hike we arrived in a beautiful overhang cave area. I was very nervous being a beginner and my daughter being advance in the practice but Shirley quickly put me at ease. She tailored each pose for me and harder poses for my daughter. What a great way to be introduced to yoga and the scenery was breathtaking. We will definitely do this again and encourage anyone curious about yoga to call them and give it a try!

1  Thank Nel58