“We love this KOA!”
Review of Hocking Hills KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Hocking Hills KOA
Ranked #5 of 29 Speciality Lodging in Logan
Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

We are a tent-camping family from Ohio who have been going to Pennsylvania (i.e., Blue Knob, Ohiopyle, Cooks Forest, among others). Camping at this KOA and Hocking Hills was our first ever. We feel like this KOA is spoiling us - clean bathroom, friendly and ACCOMODATING staff, clean electric camp site. I expected the worse after reading the previous reviews, but we never experienced any of those. We love the cereal Sunday or whatever they called it, that help supports other kids. If you have been to Ohiopyle, you'll understand what my teenaged daughter mean when she said about this KOA was, "They have a hair dryer in the restroom!"

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank INGRID N

Reviewed 7 August 2013

This was a real nice campgrounds.It was very clean,the staff was Great !The sites were much bigger than other KOA's that we have stayed at.The bathroom's/showers were incredibly clean.My only complaint was the irresponsible dog owners ! Allot of barking.But I would stat here again and would recommend it to anyone going to Hocking Hills.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Tim W
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I thought this place was really nice. We camped here in summer 2010 for 6 nights. We have a very large trailer, and I do remember having to go up a steep hill to get into the campground.

We didn't have the problems like the other reviewer. We had full hookups so I could use my own bathroom. I was on a premium site too, so I remember having a swing and grill on our site, and it was roomy, and I'm sure it was pretty decent/level. Our site wasn't too far from the bathrooms/showers either. I remember that place having some of the nicest, cleanest showers/bathrooms I have ever been in, and I remember them having very good water pressure.

They had a very nice pool, and we used it often. The owners were friendly/kind. They had a nice camp store. They allowed us to camp there with 3 dogs, but I do think they made me pay $3 extra per night, per dog. We are excellent dog owners---better w/3 dogs than many people are w/1 dog, and ALWAYS pick up after them and keep them on leashes or in the camper. So, I really don't think it's fair to charge that much extra on top of what we paid for a premium site. On the other hand, we were appreciative that they DID allow us to have 3 dogs there.

The campground was a close drive to all the attractions/parks in the area. I would definitely recommend this place, and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Based on my review and the other review, I would make sure you are getting a fairly level site. If y...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Hocking_Hills_KOA, Owner at Hocking Hills KOA, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience during your visit to the Hocking Hills region. We just wanted share that we do allow up to 2 pets in an RV at no charge and any pets after that are charged $3 per day. Many folks love to travel with their pets and find that $3 is a minimal charge. And we do offer an off-leash pet park for dogs, along with a few dispensers with bags for cleaning up behind our four-legged friends! The Hocking Hills area is very pet-friendly and we enjoy seeing folks getting to enjoy the outdoors with their pets. Happy camping!

Reviewed 15 July 2013

The good: friendly staff, clean bath house/ restroom, quiet; the bad: no flat ground for lawn chairs, the one bathhouse was a mile from our campsite; the ugly: horrible smelling portalets. At $50/night, I expected better. They definitely need to add another bathhouse at the opposite end. I know we were in the Hocking Hills, but I would expect at least a partially level area around the campfire. There was also very little shade. It was a disappointment.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Hocking_Hills_KOA, Owner at Hocking Hills KOA, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. Anyone visiting the Hocking Hills area will find our area just that - hilly. We love the character it gives the campground instead of that flat parking lot feel many campgrounds have. While we love our hills we realize it is a challenge to level RVs and picnic tables. Because of this we have added patio areas to most of our RV sites. These patio areas are large enough for a picnic table and a couple of chairs. The site you selected when you arrived has a patio and it also has more than a half dozen mature pine trees on it providing shade during different times of the day. We do offer port-a-pots in a few areas of our campground that are maintained by the supplier. If you felt there was a problem with odor from one we would have been more than happy to try to correct the problem if you had let us know. We do have one shower facility in the campground and a couple of buildings with restrooms, but none of them is a mile away - our campground is not nearly that big! We are sorry that you did not find our campground adequate for your needs.