“Average food, mixed service”
Review of Hocking Hills Dining Lodge - CLOSED

Hocking Hills Dining Lodge
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, View
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Hocking Hills State Park, next to Old Man's Cave. Chef owned and operated. All from scratch, real food featuring local and Ohio ingredients. Family friendly prices. Extensive craft beer list as well as wines from the region. Banquet and meeting space for up to 300. Outdoor patio overlooking the pool. *CLOSED* Due to fire. We will open again when the lodge is rebuilt! Please visit our Lake Hope Lodge in the meantime!
Cleveland, Ohio
“Average food, mixed service”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I ate at the Hocking Hills Dining Lodge because of its excellent reviews on Tripadvisor. Sadly, I was disappointed with both my dinner and my lunch, as well as the service. In both visits we were greeted promptly and our drink order was taken and served quickly. They had a nice a selection of gluten free entrees and both times, my wife found her meal choices excellent. I, however, did not. My dinner special, a blackened prime rib, was extremely fatty and chewy. My lunch choice, a sliced beef sandwich with provolove cheese was way too salty and also fatty. I had desert at dinner - not a good decision as the mixed berry cobbler was just average. The service at both visits was slow, lunch much slower than dinner. Why did we eat there twice? Convenience - it was close to our cabin and we thought we just might have arrived on a bad night. Unfortunately, lunch was worse.

Tiffin, Ohio
“Delicious....everything was!!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The Lodge had a castle type feel and the view was beautiful. The brisket is the BEST my husband and I've ever had....cooked to perfection! Cannot wait until our next visit in HH to eat here again .

Visited April 2014
2 Thank CHurt2
Comstock Park, MI
“OMG start to finish!”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Solely based on other TAer's reviews we decided to try the Dining Lodge. OMG from start to finish amazing! I have reviewed other "Q" places over the years including Germantown Commissary last month. Hands down the "lodge" takes the prize! They didn't offer a combination brisket and pulled pork plate (keep reading), I was in the mood for brisket and asked for a sample of the pork. The sample of pork was brought out as an appetizer along with the cole slaw I asked for instead of a garden salad. WOW best I have EVER had. I smoke my own pork as well as brisket and in my opinion the Lodge's blew mine away. My wife said it was as good to slightly better.
The brisket was equally amazing just the right amount of smoke and fork tender. We were lucky enough to be there on a Saturday night and they had smoked prime rib. I am not a fan of prime rib but my wife loves it. I sampled it and it was good (high praise from me) my wife said it was outstanding. Also served was mashed sweet potatoes (who knew) and perfectly cooked green beans. Our waitress Lexie was on top of her game (personality and fun) was there when needed but not hovering.
I had a chance to talk to Chef after the meal and he said that if you want a combination plate ask for it as they are happy to serve it. We also saw a full rack of ribs served at the next table and they looked amazing as well - I can't wait to go back and try them. Maybe next year.
Thank you to Chef, Lexie and staff for an outstanding dinner. Can't wait for the next time!

1 Thank Adam56
Cincinnati, Ohio
“What a Great Find!”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My husband and I have been going to Hocking Hills for years and never knew of this place until I saw recent Trip Advisor reviews. We wanted a casual meal and decided to give it a try. We were quite pleased. The new owners and staff seem fully committed to making this place a "keeper" - service was terrific, and very accommodating to our special requests. While the menu is small and there's nothing fancy, the food was fresh and well-prepared. We recommended it and will return our next time in the area.

Visited March 2014
Deshler, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best smoked meat we ever had !!”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We tried the smoked prime rib and brisket on Saturday night and it was fantastic. All around great meal and service. Sunday we had the buffet for brunch. WOW we were so impressed !! Smoked wings (the best we ever had), smoked honey glazed turkey breast, pulled pork , brisket, all on the buffet for $12.95 ! There was also a salad bar, breakfast items, homemade cinnamon rolls, and assorted potatoes and vegetables ! This place is a hidden gem and should not be missed if you are in the area. We also ate at the Millstone BBQ place in Logan. The Lodge at Hocking Hills was the best food we had all weekend ! Very reasonably priced and delicious ! Smoked prime rib,with salad,potato and vegetable $19.99 and brisket platter with 3 or 4 large slices of brisket,choice of potato, vegetable, salad and slaw $14.99

1 Thank cbails2014