“Great Food”

Hocking Hills Dining Lodge
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Pizza
Good for: View, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Hocking Hills State Park, next to Old Man's Cave. Chef owned and operated. All from scratch, real food featuring local and Ohio ingredients. Family friendly prices. Extensive craft beer list as well as wines from the region. Banquet and meeting space for up to 300. Outdoor patio overlooking the pool. *CLOSED* Due to fire. We will open again when the lodge is rebuilt! Please visit our Lake Hope Lodge in the meantime!
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We stopped here on a whim, not knowing where else to go while it was raining and we were hungry. My boyfriend ordered the spicy catfish po-boy and I ordered the white pizza. We thought the food was great! It was hot, delicious, fresh. The staff was very friendly and kept our drinks refilled. Prices for dinner are pretty average for hotel food (averaging a little higher) but everything was good so we didnt mind.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

We stopped here for lunch on our last day in the area and both my husband and I were undecided about the place. There was a long, long wait for food and a mixed bag when it arrived. I had the catfish basket and my husband had the brisket dinner. The amount of fat on the brisket made it look unappealing, and although tender I did not care for the sample I snitched. His comment was 'nothing to rave about'. My catfish arrived hot and both the fish and fries were okay. Although the waitress refilled my husband's drink she did not refill my water. I wouldn't say the staff was friendly or unfriendly -- it was like they were 'just there'. The view was great and everything else was just average.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stopped here after a morning of hiking. The view is great, and the staff were all nice. We waited a long time for our food (party of 6), and many were served before us. We wouldn't have cared, but some of the sandwiches were cold. This place has a lot of potential, but we were not impressed on this visit.

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Nice assortment of breakfast and dinner items. The mini biscuits/gravy and the cobbler were among our group's favorites! Get a table by the window for a spectacular view!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We had fairly simple fare with a few unique twists. I had the fish and chips basket, and my husband had pastrami on rye. My catfish had very tasty breading and was served with fries (that were a little thin for my style, but still good) and an excellent homemade coleslaw. My husband's pastrami was terrific: made from Ohio beef and smoked by the chefs at the lodge, then piled on very good dark rye bread and served hot with melty swiss cheese. I've never tasted pastrami like it. Portions were good sized. Neither of us had room for dessert.
The menu had a little of everything from pizza and burgers to steak, with many gourmet touches.
I think the atmosphere could use some updates, but our server was attentive and friendly, and the food was very good and reasonably priced. We would look forward to going back when we get back to Hocking Hills.