“Kirkland Wedding” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of A Georgian Manner B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
A Georgian Manner B&B
Ranked #2 of 3 Logan B&B and Inns
Senecaville, Ohio, United States
“Kirkland Wedding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

My wife and I fell in love with the Georgian Manner as soon as we saw it from the road over a month ago. We instantly knew this is where we wanted to get married. We rented out the whole house the first night and the Honeymoon Suite the 2nd night. BJ and Linda are two of the nicest people that we have ever met in all of our travels. They went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and more importantly make us feel like their house was our house. Debbie, our chef, was an absolute delight! She made an amazing breakfast for 10 and then a private breakfast for my wife and I. Debbie even enlightened us on some of our family's history from the area! I would recommend the Georgian Manner to anyone 100x over!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jason K

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Alexandria, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

We stayed here for a 2 night recharging getaway (in the Robert E Lee Room) from our busy lives. We really enjoyed the historical artifacts and books all over the house. Our host, BJ, was wonderful. He made us feel welcome and at home from the moment we walked up to the house. He gave excellent advice on an agenda of attractions to see in our short visit. We like locally owned and operated places to eat instead of chains and both BJ and Debbie knew just where to send us.
The two breakfasts Debbie prepared were amazing and more than we could ever eat! She keeps the house immaculate!!!! I have never been in such a CLEAN Bed and Breakfast! We considered trying to bribe her to come take care of our home, but knew where her dedication was.
THANKS to both of them for the hospitality and we hope to return, probably on motorcycles!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

Well, I have been traveling every week for 20 years, so I have a bit of experience on the hotel and B&B side. In a word, AMAZING ! And I do not use that word lightly. Actually, only the second time I have used that rating, and I can't talk about the first time..road stories, ya know.
First, this is not just a Bed and Breakfast. BJ, the consummate Host, also use this excellent location as a wedding and reception site. Picture this: a completely restored manor house plucked from an affluent neighborhood in old Atlanta or Savannah, complete with massive columns and 1800s-period decorated rooms, siting on a pristine lake, complete with ducks and....swans. Yup, swans. The manse is secluded on a private road and has a Greek-style pavilion for entertaining and ceremonies, The house also has a dedicated reception area for entertaining. Add several rooms, suite and a blow-your-mind Honeymoon Suite, and you have the stuff that wedding dreams are made of.
My wife and I, along with friends, stayed a recent weekend as B&B guests, but that quickly became B&B family, as BJ and Debbie made us welcome and declared that 'this is your home now'. And indeed it was, BJ is not only an amazingly accomplished geologist, Navy Pilot, and humanitarian, but is the caliber of host that usually only is evident in resorts tat cater to the rich and famous (kinda like the TV show). BUT, you do not have to be rich and famous to receive pampering here....just good old plain folks with a smile and a story. Fact is, BJ regaled us with more than one good story at our insistence. Quite an amazing guy: like a mix of Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny.
Debbie, the Hostess and Chef non-par, was more of a friend than a staff member. Not sure if we enjoyed her cooking and social interaction more that she enjoyed ours, which is a truly wonderful situation. Her culinary skills had us loosening our belts a bit and waking early just to watch her buzz around the kitchen, performing her magic with fresh local ingredients, and dare I say it, a bit of love.
Now, about the residence itself. Truly an amazing restoration of a classis house, performed by BJ himself. Obviously BJ is an accomplished carpenter, as the house is picture perfect and decorated with quality period pieces, selected by BJ from local sources. With a full kitchen and the invite to 'make yourself at home', it was so very inviting and homey that we didn't want to leave after two nights: thought I saw a glint of a tear in our ladies' eyes as we took our leave.
BJ and Debbie sat and helped us plan our itineraries for the local attractions, as well as recommending local restaurants and places that were not worth the time and effort. Tell ya what....they were spot-on.
In summary, this is not your typical B&B, but is rather a lifetime experience. Impeccably clean, perfectly decorated, situated on a secluded lake but within an easy drive of attractions and fine dining, hosted by warm and considerate hosts and hostesses, and appointed with amenities not found in 5-star hotels, this is a little bit of heaven on Ohio.
Just wish a had an excuse to book a soiree here. Nonetheless, we will be back, if just to visit our new Friends, BJ and Debbie.

Room Tip: Queen Mary room has the expected tiny balcony under the eves of the two-story front porch. Great for...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Perry, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

Our son and daughter-in-law booked this B&B as a present for my wife and me. We arrived on our Harley and found the facility to be extremely biker friendly. Not only were we allowed to park under the porch roof, but the owner (B.J.) went out of his way to point us towards some fantastic byways and sights. We stayed in the honeymoon suite which is everything you'd expect of a master bedroom in a southern mansion plus a two person Jacuzzi. The house itself is like a museum, and has a very interesting history. The owner is gracious, and eager to ensure your stay is both comfortable and memorable. And that's just the house! Hocking Hills is a treasure of geological formations, waterfalls, trails, byways, and wilderness. We intend to book the whole house on our next visit and bring several more bikes. My only regret is that we didn't discover this wonderful establishment sooner. Brad and Lynnanne Baumgardner, Perry, OH

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

We stayed here while in the area celebrating my husband's birthday. I booked the Robert E. Lee room because my hubby is a history buff and I knew he would enjoy the collections B.J. has in the house. We also reserved the bathroom (which was a small additional fee to secure it as a private bathroom). The room has a beautiful view overlooking the lake and my hubby loved it. If you are someone who gets up in the middle of the night, beware of the creaky floor board near the door - it makes it impossible to quietly come and go but adds a lot of charm.

For dinner, we went to the local grocery store and picked up a few items and had a picnic on the expansive lawn overlooking the lake as the sun set. It was quite romantic.

Debbie's breakfast was yummy the next morning and she went out of her way to accommodate my hubby who is a vegan. Thanks!

B.J., his wife Linda, and Debbie were all very gracious. They tell you this is YOUR house while you're visiting and they have made every effort to make sure whatever you might need is there. We would not hesitate to recommend A Georgian Manner B&B if you're in the area.

Room Tip: There is an oval window in the Robert E. Lee room that overlooks the driveway) which had a light tha...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

The Georgian Manner is a hidden gem! We had our wedding there and the owner, BJ, was fantastic! He did our ceremony and made sure that everything was perfect for us, going above and beyond our expectations! Our guests raved about the ceremony and the beautiful house! We were fortunate to have had perfect weather and had our ceremony outdoors in which the grounds were nicely kept! We even had a bald eagle fly over the lake and perch in a tree while the ceremony took place! I would recommend The Georgian Manner to anyone for any type of event, from wedding to romantic getaway to even a girls getaway! With all the beautiful antiques I would advise it not be a place for children. I look forward to returning :) Thank you, again, BJ for all that you did for our wedding!

Room Tip: We loved the honeymoon suite!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Zara T
Champaign, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

My husband took me to the Georgian Manor B&B for my birthday. We stayed 3 nights and had a wonderful time. The setting is beautiful on Lake Logan and the Inn itself was comfortable, clean and elegant. The breakfasts were delicious and Deb made us very welcome. B.J. and Linda (owners) live nearby and were gracious hosts. Highly recommend this Inn and the Hocking Hills area of Ohio is a real find. I had a super birthday.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Logan
Holiday Inn Express Logan
Baymont Inn & Suites Logan
Baymont Inn & Suites Lancaster
Hampton Inn Lancaster
Hampton Inn Lancaster
#1 of 5 in Lancaster
Holiday Inn Express Lancaster
The Inn & Spa at Cedar Falls

Been to A Georgian Manner B&B? Share your experiences!