“The Best "September 8, 2013"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
A Georgian Manner B&B
Ranked #2 of 3 Logan B&B and Inns
Delaware, Ohio
“The Best "September 8, 2013"”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We rented the honeymoon suite to celebrate our 1st wedding annivesary. We stayed three nights and really enjoyed the whole experience. The owner made us feel welcome and within no time, we felt right at home. The place was clean and very comfortable. We will go back next year for sure. The things we liked the most were; the friendly and warm owner, the serenity of the location, the wonderful breakfast every morning, the interesting decorations and decor in the house, and the high level of customer service. The things we didn't like about the Georgian Manner = NOTHING ! I suspected before we arrived that we were in for a treat because we had to make a last minute change in our reservation due to a flight of mine that was changed. I called the owner and told him about the situation and I was really expecting to get an earful about "this is our cancellation policy, yada yada yada. Instead, BJ cancelled our room for the night, added a room on the end of the reservation, and told me that he looked forward to meeting us ! What a great surprise. We have stayed in many other BnB's in Hocking Hills area and by far this was the best. Debbie was really wonderful, she came by in the mornings to make us a wonderful breakfast. BJ - we will see you next year if not sooner !

Room Tip: We looked at the other rooms in the Manner but stayed in the honeymoon suite. I would highly recomm...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 1 September 2013

My husband surprised me with a much needed weekend away from everyday life. He reserved us two nights at the Georgian Manner. I was not knowing what to expect but from the moment we met BJ I knew we were entering a home away from home. The location is perfect for a quiet relaxing experience. The Manner is so incredible well maintained and caters to everyone. We had the pleasure of staying in the Honeymoon Suite. It was clean and extremely comfortable. The suite had a covered patio where you are able to enjoy coffee in the morning or a beverage in the evening while we watched nature at its finest. In the morning you are greeted by Debbie who has made an amazing breakfast to start your day. She not only is a great chef but makes you feel so comfortable to join her in the kitchen for a chat. I would not hesitate recommending Georgian Manner to anyone who is looking for a relaxing getaway.

Room Tip: Honey moon suite is the best room in the house.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2013

My husband surprised me with a birthday getaway to the Georgian Manner and it was great!
This was the first bed and breakfast either of us had ever stayed in and it fit the bill perfectly.

B.J. and Debbie were some of the friendliest people we've ever met. They were very welcoming and helpful in offering suggestions of local activities. They made our stay very comfortable.

The home was beautiful and full of historical artifacts and information. We stayed in the honeymoon suite, which had a jacuzzi tub and it's own patio.

The overall stay was very relaxing. We highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013
COLUMBUS
Reviewed 26 August 2013

My husband and I just spent this past weekend at the manner. The pictures online do not do this place justice in any way. I was so amazing we were coming down the road and you go around this curve and wow there it is this little piece of heaven just sitting there. It was like stepping back in time standing on our little balcony I felt like I should be dressed like scarlett. The storys and pictures of the house before and after was so special. We can not wait to come back we stayed in the queen mary room it was breath taking they make you feel like more than a guest you are family. The food is awesome the other guests are so nice to sit at the beautiful table and eat together and find out where we are all from and BJ tells the most wonderful stories you can tell he loves this place. We can't wait to go back and stay longer than one night. Come stay you will not be sorry except for when its time to leave but good news you can always come back again. Thank you for such an amazing time.

Room Tip: there is no good or bad room they are all awesome with all the beautiful pieces but the queen mary r...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Senecaville, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My wife and I fell in love with the Georgian Manner as soon as we saw it from the road over a month ago. We instantly knew this is where we wanted to get married. We rented out the whole house the first night and the Honeymoon Suite the 2nd night. BJ and Linda are two of the nicest people that we have ever met in all of our travels. They went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and more importantly make us feel like their house was our house. Debbie, our chef, was an absolute delight! She made an amazing breakfast for 10 and then a private breakfast for my wife and I. Debbie even enlightened us on some of our family's history from the area! I would recommend the Georgian Manner to anyone 100x over!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jason K
Alexandria, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We stayed here for a 2 night recharging getaway (in the Robert E Lee Room) from our busy lives. We really enjoyed the historical artifacts and books all over the house. Our host, BJ, was wonderful. He made us feel welcome and at home from the moment we walked up to the house. He gave excellent advice on an agenda of attractions to see in our short visit. We like locally owned and operated places to eat instead of chains and both BJ and Debbie knew just where to send us.
The two breakfasts Debbie prepared were amazing and more than we could ever eat! She keeps the house immaculate!!!! I have never been in such a CLEAN Bed and Breakfast! We considered trying to bribe her to come take care of our home, but knew where her dedication was.
THANKS to both of them for the hospitality and we hope to return, probably on motorcycles!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Well, I have been traveling every week for 20 years, so I have a bit of experience on the hotel and B&B side. In a word, AMAZING ! And I do not use that word lightly. Actually, only the second time I have used that rating, and I can't talk about the first time..road stories, ya know.
First, this is not just a Bed and Breakfast. BJ, the consummate Host, also use this excellent location as a wedding and reception site. Picture this: a completely restored manor house plucked from an affluent neighborhood in old Atlanta or Savannah, complete with massive columns and 1800s-period decorated rooms, siting on a pristine lake, complete with ducks and....swans. Yup, swans. The manse is secluded on a private road and has a Greek-style pavilion for entertaining and ceremonies, The house also has a dedicated reception area for entertaining. Add several rooms, suite and a blow-your-mind Honeymoon Suite, and you have the stuff that wedding dreams are made of.
My wife and I, along with friends, stayed a recent weekend as B&B guests, but that quickly became B&B family, as BJ and Debbie made us welcome and declared that 'this is your home now'. And indeed it was, BJ is not only an amazingly accomplished geologist, Navy Pilot, and humanitarian, but is the caliber of host that usually only is evident in resorts tat cater to the rich and famous (kinda like the TV show). BUT, you do not have to be rich and famous to receive pampering here....just good old plain folks with a smile and a story. Fact is, BJ regaled us with more than one good story at our insistence. Quite an amazing guy: like a mix of Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny.
Debbie, the Hostess and Chef non-par, was more of a friend than a staff member. Not sure if we enjoyed her cooking and social interaction more that she enjoyed ours, which is a truly wonderful situation. Her culinary skills had us loosening our belts a bit and waking early just to watch her buzz around the kitchen, performing her magic with fresh local ingredients, and dare I say it, a bit of love.
Now, about the residence itself. Truly an amazing restoration of a classis house, performed by BJ himself. Obviously BJ is an accomplished carpenter, as the house is picture perfect and decorated with quality period pieces, selected by BJ from local sources. With a full kitchen and the invite to 'make yourself at home', it was so very inviting and homey that we didn't want to leave after two nights: thought I saw a glint of a tear in our ladies' eyes as we took our leave.
BJ and Debbie sat and helped us plan our itineraries for the local attractions, as well as recommending local restaurants and places that were not worth the time and effort. Tell ya what....they were spot-on.
In summary, this is not your typical B&B, but is rather a lifetime experience. Impeccably clean, perfectly decorated, situated on a secluded lake but within an easy drive of attractions and fine dining, hosted by warm and considerate hosts and hostesses, and appointed with amenities not found in 5-star hotels, this is a little bit of heaven on Ohio.
Just wish a had an excuse to book a soiree here. Nonetheless, we will be back, if just to visit our new Friends, BJ and Debbie.

Room Tip: Queen Mary room has the expected tiny balcony under the eves of the two-story front porch. Great for...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Logan
Holiday Inn Express Logan
Baymont Inn & Suites Logan
Hampton Inn Lancaster
Hampton Inn Lancaster
#1 of 5 in Lancaster
Baymont Inn & Suites Lancaster
Holiday Inn Express Lancaster
The Inn & Spa at Cedar Falls

Been to A Georgian Manner B&B? Share your experiences!