“THE BEST PLACE I HAVE EVER STAYED!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Bear Run Inn Cabins & Cottages
Ranked #3 of 3 Logan B&B and Inns
Aliquippa, PA.
“THE BEST PLACE I HAVE EVER STAYED!”
Reviewed 21 November 2009

My husband and I stayed in the Sugar Maple cabin. It had everything you could want and more. It was very clean and well kept. The owners were asesome. There is plenty to do and see, or you could just sit back and relax. This was our first time staying there, and we are already planning on returning. I couldn't ask for a nicer place or nicer people.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Ohio
Reviewed 6 October 2009

My hubby and I stayed here for 4 days to celebrate our 10th anniversary. It was exactly what we needed - rest, relaxation, reconnection ... privacy.

We stayed in the Aspen cabin, which is the most secluded of the ones they offer. It had everything we could want. The kitchen was fully stocked with every pan and appliance needed - even a blender! There were plenty of towels ... and extra towels for the hot tub. Satellite TV, stereo, DVD player - even a few games and a deck of cards for rainy days (and we had a few). This was the first place we've stayed where I didn't have to run to town for anything except groceries - there were paper towels in the kitchen (along with liquid hand soap in there and the bathroom) and wine glasses in the pantry. It was also very, very clean.

Marcia and Bud were so nice - they've got to be some of the nicest people we've ever met. The day we left, Bud hadn't been to the farm yet and when we told him we wanted to see the goats and horses one last time, he went and opened the gates up for us so we could.

There's so much more that I could say - but I'll wrap this up by saying we will definitely stay here again. I can't see us staying anywhere else that would do as much for our spirits as this place and its owners did. Book this place - you won't regret it!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank OhioCountryGirl
Ohio
Reviewed 8 July 2009

We have stayed here 3 times since we discovered Bear Run. The first time I stayed with my sister for a weekend and after that I knew I just had to bring the hubby for a relaxing weekend. We enjoyed our stays every time.

We have always booked the Sugar Maple Cabin and we've always found it to be exceptionally clean and well stocked. Very, very cozy. We have also always gone down in the early/late fall season..Nothing like being in the middle of the woods with a crisp chill in the air and the smell of wood smoke. So very relaxing.

The cabins have their own grills and fire rings, we have taken advantage of both. They also have wonderful porches with hot tubs and we have also made use of them. Once we were out in the hot tub and all of a sudden there were flurries of snow wafting around us...they didn't last long due to the steam from the hot tub but it was fun!

The kitchen area of the cabin is fully stocked with dishes, pots and pans, silverware, cooking utensils, coffee pot/mugs, wine glasses...we've never found ourselves wishing we had something. There is a fridge, stove, dishwasher and microwave.

I can't speak about the activities offered by the owners, nor the B&B side of things, as we've never participated or stayed at the B&B. We've been up to the main house to check in and we've always found Marcia and her husband to be the absolute nicest couple and the house is gorgeous.

When we've gone down it's usually when we are really in need of our spirits being lifted and our energy restored. Since we have chosen to go in the cooler/colder months we mainly hang out at the cabin...reading, movie watching, card playing, listening to music, watching the fire in the wood stove, sitting on the porch talking, walking around the property and napping! Great place to nap...so peaceful and quiet. We've also spotted wild turkeys and deer each time we've been there.

Speaking about all this makes me realize it's been too long since we've visited and I think I'll go book the Sugar Maple for a getaway right now :)

Book yourselves a cabin...I promise you won't regret it.

Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OhioPoppy
ohio
Reviewed 6 April 2009

My husbandand I went there for a weekend and had a great time. We did all kinds of things, antiquing,flea marketing, hiking, sightseeing,and especially eating. Marcia told us all the great places to go and things to do and boy can she cook a mean breakfast. We are going back soon and can't wait to go. We are taking another couple with us so we can show off the place.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
Salem, Ohio
Reviewed 24 July 2008

The best getaway! 10 of us stayed in the Redbud Cabin!
VERY clean and everything you could want. The owners are fabulous and caring.
HIGHLY Recommend!

• Liked — EVERYTHING!
  • Disliked — Nothing!!
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Dayton, OH
Reviewed 13 July 2008

This was the third time we spent a weekend at Bear Run Inn, and we intend to keep returning. The inn is attractive and comfortable, and the grounds are delightful for wandering through. The owners are very friendly and helpful, and breakfasts are delicious.

• Liked — the house and grounds are beautiful
  • Disliked — One room (Victoriana), although lovely, doesn't have a shower (bath only)
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank Rivkah29
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 September 2005

Hocking Hills was a hidden gem I came across when looking for a weekend getaway for my husband and I. We couldn't help but fall in love with the peaceful surroundings and quaintness of Logan and the surrounding area. The hiking trails and water formations were breathtaking to Cedar Falls, Ash Cave, Old Mans Cave and the Devils Bathtub. Unfortunatly we were not able to visit Conkels Hollow due to trail reconstruction, but we were not dissapointed with anything. We stayed at the Bear Run Inn B&B, located on a hill surrounded by open fields, beautiful trees and a pond. The room was clean and cozy with victorian decor and a garden tub. Also the owners were wonderful. The Bean Run Inn also has cabins and cottages available, an outdoor spa and a horse drawn sleigh/buggy ride. We hope to return someday.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Logan
Holiday Inn Express Logan
Baymont Inn & Suites Logan
Baymont Inn & Suites Lancaster
Baymont Inn & Suites Athens
Hampton Inn Lancaster
Hampton Inn Lancaster
#1 of 5 in Lancaster
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Athens

Been to Bear Run Inn Cabins & Cottages? Share your experiences!