“A very pleasant cabin in the woods”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Lewis Center, Ohio
“Save your money”
Reviewed 13 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015
people found this review helpful

Horrible. We stayed 12/27-12/29 and lost power both nights. We understand that this is an act of nature and can't be controlled but it is the manner in which management handled our concerns that was very disappointing. When we lost power the first night we called because there were no flashlights or candles in the cabin. We had 18 people staying and half were kids under 13 so you can imagine how unsafe of an environment this created. Management did not respond with anything useful…just that they would check in on it. It happened again the second night of our stay and half the family went home early. We reached out to management after our stay to discuss our concerns and they told my 70 y/o mother that they would be in touch. I called back today 1/12/16 and the answer I received was disappointing to say the least. I was told that they were not required to provide flashlights or candles for these types of situations. I was told that if I rented a campground spot that I would bring flashlights with me and this is no different. The difference is about $725 a night. So if you want campground customer service with a Ritz Carlton price tag….this is the cabin for you. For the rest of us who value doing the right thing and hold the time we get to spend with our family sacred…THIS IS NOT THE CABIN FOR YOU!

Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Mike C
Cleveland
“A very pleasant cabin in the woods”
Reviewed 16 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015
person found this review helpful

My friends and I rented Hidden Valley Lodge this past weekend. I was a little dismayed when I saw the other review since it sounded like things had gone downhill since we booked the cabin many months ago. A little nervous about how things were going to go, I sent an email to the cabin owner making sure that they knew that I was going to be writing a review on Tripadvisor, so to make sure that the cabin was in good shape.

Overall, I felt like the cabin was a good cabin and was about what we hoped for given the size and price.

So, good things- the house is sturdy, beautiful and in good shape. The kitchen was clean, there was a good amount of cookware and serving ware. Appliances were in good shape. It was nice having a good coffeemaker there. Bedrooms were as expected and the hot tub, though we didn't use it, was in good shape and the water was clean. If there weren't small children, we probably would have availed ourselves to the hot tub more. We appreciated the fire circle, already arranged to have a bonfire. The house really felt comfortable and it was surprisingly easy to fit our group in there without feeling like we were on top of each other. There were plenty of trash bins for trash. And there was no demon raccoon to harass us. Towels were in nice condition. I didn't think that the pool table was particularly off.

Things to improve upon- the parking situation is unwieldy. We had about 6 cars and it was a definite squeeze to get everyone parked. It would be good to have at least one more space available. The hot water smelled of sulfur but I suspect that is par for the course in the area. Water pressure upstairs is pretty pitiful and the 4 beds upstairs are in a loft so there isn't much privacy. The blankets were a little musty, my wife remarked, but I didn't mind them. The drive to the cabin was a bit scary and definitely would not do it during the wintertime on a car that didn't have snow tires and 4 wheel drive, and to be honest, even with those things, I would not personally have done it. It is very steep up and down. There really should be WIFI for a cabin that is a nice as this one.

Overall, it was a good, not incredible experience. I give it credit for fitting so many people into one building. We might consider coming back in the future.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Vacation4...
Walled Lake, Michigan
“Room for Improvement”
Reviewed 18 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

Hidden Valley Lodge had great reviews when we booked the house last year but, apparently it has fallen under new management new to the hospitality industry. Our first impression upon starting down the private driveway was dumpster overflowing with trash. The crushed rock driveway is a fairly steep and rutted by water erosion. The website accurately shows the beautiful lodge set in a secluded wood site. It was nicely decorated and has plenty of pots, pans, dishes, towels, blankets and pillows. What is easily overlooked; 1) The open floor plan is noisy for those going to bed early or trying to sleep in, 2) The land is not flat enough for the kids to ride bikes or play catch – a missed ball would roll into the weeds and poison ivy. Even the pool table in the basement was not level.
The lodge was clean on the surface only – there was heavy dust under the beds and on the ceiling fans, and stains on the mattresses. There are not any services provided to the cabin during stay such as take away of wet towels, care or cleaning of hot tub, emptying trash cans on porch, or restocking of toilet paper unless requested. There is not a phone or cell service in the cabin which works great for the management company. Calls to the management did not resolve the problems. The hot tub was unusable during our stay with green, foul smelling water and red algae growing on all the inside surfaces. We ended up draining and cleaning the hot tub ourselves to at least get rid of the smell. Lastly, a raccoon frequents the area and is not afraid of humans. He approached our group during a bonfire and was big enough to knock over a garbage can and drag it several feet before gaining access spreading garbage everywhere in the middle of the night.
Unfortunately for the price, I would recommend investigating other options, as there are many similar lodges for rent under different management.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Large lodge accommodates big family
Liked least: Poor management, does not try to meet customer expectations. No sound proofing in lodge. Every word, noise is echoed throughout lodge. Hard to sleep. Unable to use hot tub, needed bromine and cleaning.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing