“Great getaway!”
other travellers have booked this property
Cabin Top View Cabin Drone View
Master Bedroom Sitting Area
Master Bedroom side View
3rd Floor 2 twin Beds
3rd Floor View
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
jerwitt
“Great getaway!”
Reviewed 20 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Country Cabin is a great getaway in the hocking hills area! Just 15 minutes from old mans cave and great hiking locations. Would definitely stay here again!!

rebholla
Hilliard, Ohio
“This cabin has potential”
Reviewed 30 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

I stayed at this cabin for two nights in March, 2016 and had a very mixed experience.

First, the good. The cabin is located in nice, quiet location. The setting is beautiful with the lake and wooded area. The cabin is exactly what one would expect and on the surface is decorated sufficiently for a cabin and is aesthetically pleasing. The owner does a good job with communications and he is easy to reach should you have questions.

However, this cabin, has too many negatives to consider staying there. First, the kitchen is mess and needs a good deep cleaning and some additional basics. When I opened the cabinets, they were so dishelved that I needed to organize before I could even use the kitchen. Plates, silverware, coffee cups, and basics were all haphazardly shoved everywhere. There are only 3 plates and the items needed for breakfast were either sticky or wet. In order to use the kitchen, I had to wash and organize everything. It needs a good cleaning and if some basics were purchase it would be functional. As it is today, the kitchen is not functional. If you plan to eat in the cabin, pack your own items – everything.

Bring your own bath towels too. I was not aware of this. The owner was very nice, however and told me where we could find some. One was provided, and we borrowed another one.

Next, wasps. We dealt with wasps the entire time. They were mostly in the kitchen, but we had a few in the bathroom too. This was quite surprising in March when the high temps in the day only reached in the 40s. I shudder to think what this situation is like when the weather is warmer and understand why the contract states no refunds for flying insects.

Next, mattresses. The twin beds have the cheapest, non spring mattress on them that can be purchased. They are about 3-4" thick. They are very thin and both of my girls could not sleep. They are on top of log beds. Both could feel every single log underneath them. Purchasing a nice mattress would solve this problem. The king bed is slightly better since there is a box spring, but it is by no means a comfy mattress. The sheets are cheap and scratchy, similar to cardboard.

We had the same problem with the couch. It is a log couch and the owner has placed plywood or something similar on the back and bottom and made cushions himself. It’s like sitting on a piece of plywood and is the most uncomfortable piece of furniture any of us has ever sat on. We watched movies each night and the couch was terrible. We ended up sitting on our pillows. Even the rocking chair is cheap. It doesn’t have an even rock. One leg rocks differently than the other.

There is also a laundry list of repairs the homeowner needs to make. I fixed the blinds in the master bedroom so I could at least close them, but they still have some major problems. The toilet rocks forward when you sit on it. In reality, he really should try to sleep in this cabin for a night or two, then he would find the problems on his own.

If you want a place that looks nice on the surface, this place is for you!! If you want a place that is dirty underneath and that has cheap and uncomfortable furnishings, and you want to deal with wasps, stay here. However, if you want a comfortable place to rest after a long day of hiking, find another place to stay. This place was so disappointing, I felt like I was ripped off in a big way. If I could have gotten a refund, we would have left after the first night.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and setting
Liked least: Wasps, mattresses, couch, kitchen and utensils, rocking chair, toilet, broken blinds, sheets
Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
Management Response
19 Apr 2016
This lady she didn't rent cabin through tripadvisor. Not sure why she trying to put review on this site. Here is response if she want.
I personally reviewed your comments and thanks for your time. I respectfully state that it appears to be your family's first cabin experience since expectations were as of five star Hotel. I have had 104 customers and never received even single negative review like yours. A Cabin is defined as a small log house/shelter in woods and mine has been rated as a luxury cabin by customers. Let me address your furniture issue first. I have all Amish log furniture in the cabin with adequate cushioning but of course there is body weight limit for comfort when it's all log furniture. Our mattresses for children’s room suitable for young adolescents only, actually it was bunk bed split in two twin beds on previous guests suggestions and not built to fit spring box. Our Cabin is almost a complete house for price of one room, it include 2 bedrooms,1 full, 1/2 bath and large living /dining. Our kitchenette is well provided with all basic needs including fridge, microwave, toaster oven, toaster, electric skillet, , coffee maker, electric kettle and water dispenser. Our small cabinet has a four place setting dinnerware, silverware, and disposable utensils. A stove is not provided due to a fire hazard but there is a grill outside. During springtime fluctuating temperatures can lead to moisture built up in certain areas. One small cabinet has to fit all necessities for our guests so it may appear stufed sometimes but we appreciate you organizing it. Our instructions on the second page ask you to bring your own charcoal and towels but we do keep some in case of emergencies which we were able to provide to you. We get our place professionally cleaned and sprayed after each visit and if you may not have had a countryside living experience before for your information opening of doors and windows can easily bring some dust and flying insects inside the cabin with you. It seems like you may want to pick some place in the future which can fulfill your luxury requirements. We strive to provide the best cabin experience possible to our guests. Thanks
Danny z
“Great cabin to stay alot of fun”
Reviewed 22 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

Enjoy the stay in cabin. Close to allattraction. Nice log furniture. Quite cabin nice for family and kids. Kids enjoyed fishing.

Hillbilly...
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 20 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015
people found this review helpful

I would recommend this cabin to anyone with children or even a couple get away!! My 10 year old son had a great time fishing and catching a lot of fish too while my wife and I enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere. The owners where very nice and helpful with our stay too!

Besam-oh
“Great stay, nice pond and traill close to all attraction.”
Reviewed 15 May 2015 for a stay in March 2015
people found this review helpful

Nice cabin. Owner was helpfull. Would love to stay again. Close to all the attraction. Had great time. Close to old man cave and. Ash cave.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing