“A Little Bit of Heaven Every Season of the Year”

and 1 more site!
The Inn & Spa at Cedar Falls
Ranked #1 of 3 Logan B&B and Inns
East Liverpool, Ohio
“A Little Bit of Heaven Every Season of the Year”
Reviewed 25 August 2012

I just wanted to give my heartfelt thanks to Ellen and her staff for the incredible time I experienced on my birthday. Everyone acknowledged my day. I was greeted with a wine, cheese, and cracker tray in the Honeysuckle cottage. Dinner was delicious the following night. Breakfasts both mornings were exquisite. The weather was beautiful, and the grounds were stunning. Hiking and biking were the best. I so enjoy the area that we have visited many times. Don't wait until summer. It is a little bit of heaven every season of the year. I am so grateful to be a part of it.
Thank you, everyone at the Inn for a memorable birthday. I will be back in the winter to celebrate my anniversary, and then maybe back in February for my husband's birthday. I encourage people to visit in the winter time. The scenery is extraordinary with a snowfall.
I am so happy that Ellen and Terry have continued the legacy of Ellen's mother. The story is very touching and reminds me of the strength of love and devotion that is often missing in our world today. Thanks for reminding me of the important things in life. I will look forward to my winter visit.

Room Tip: The cottages are a great choice.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Gray, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 22 August 2012

My husband and I stayed in the Hepatica Cottage. What a wonderful place to stay. You miss the television at first, but not for long. There is a lot of hiking around Hocking Hills, that is why it is our favorite vacation spot. The cotttage was very clean and the "gifts" are a nice touch. The free breakfast is exceptional. We used a livingsocial escapes deal and got the cottage half off. If we wouldn't have had that it would have been a little pricey. I would definitely recommend staying here as we enjoyed it very much.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
zinnLogan, Manager at The Inn & Spa at Cedar Falls, responded to this review, 24 October 2012
Thank you for your comments and for staying with us. Our quaint cottages and proximity to a number of hiking trails make for the perfect escape and we are so happy that you enjoyed yourself!
new jersey
Reviewed 14 August 2012

My family and I shared a special weekend at the Inn at Cedar Falls this past weekend. It was a celebration of my 50th birthday and a celebration of our daughter's future as she is starting her college education at Ohio State. We stayed in the Dogwood Cabin. No internet, no cell-phones, no television...could a mom, who wants nothing more than to enjoy her three teen kids before one heads out her nest, ask for more? I think not!

My kids were in shock at the lack of technology at first but upon spying the Ohio State Checkers game and the Scrabble game, the usual quiet of a teen texting was replaced by the chatter of debate about proper checker moves and "is that really a word?" of Scrabble. My husband and I sat on the back deck enjoying the view and reveling in the sound of our kids enjoying each other's company.

The cabin was the perfect combination of backwoods rustic with every modern convenience (except the above noted technology). The Murphy bed was made with pretty linens, the cabin furniture was comfortable and stylishly rustic and it was clean, clean, clean.

After settling in and enjoying a couple of games, we visited Ash Cave and Cedar Falls both of which were located within minutes of the inn. The scenery was absolutely beautiful. We can only imagine the beauty when the falls are running full tilt rather than the small stream we viewed as a result of the recent drought.

We returned to our cabin, shared happy hour of snacks and drinks (champagne for the adults and "kids champagne" sparkling cider for the kids). We walked to the restaurant at the inn with the help of the wonderful Coleman lantern (so glad that was in the cabin). The stars were magnificent on this cloudless and moonless night. We stopped in the rooftop garden before dinner to get a full view of the stars above. Lovely! Dinner was elegant yet simple. Our waitress recommended the filet, the goat cheese and squash ravioli or the halibut. Between the five of us, all three entrees were ordered (3 orders of the outstanding filet were ordered and enjoyed by all of us). The wine list was reasonably priced and offered a very nice selection. It was not overwhelming in its size which we appreciated. Wine pairings were suggested on the menu for each entree.

After dinner, our kids "caught up" with their friends in the Gathering Area of the Inn where free Wifi is available. Hey, we knew being completely disconnected for an entire 24 hour period might be challenging. This limited Wifi connection kept everyone happy.

The next day, we enjoyed a delicious complementary breakfast in the restaurant. The orange-cranberry juice was delicious and I am still thinking about the breakfast special of a baked blueberry french toast. A great way to start our day before our visit to beautiful Old Man's Cave.

Every mom and dad should get the chance to enjoy a place like the Inn and Spa at Cedar Falls before their first child leaves home. The rustic luxury plus the gift of disconnecting from the outside world and reconnecting with our family is a memory we will cherish for a lifetime. Thank you, Inn at Cedar Falls!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank momstravel
Thank you so much for your review and for spending this special time with us. We hope you will be able to visit us as a family again in the future!
Newark, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2012

My Husband and I stayed here one night to just get away from our kids :) and have time to ourselves. I totally underestimated what this place had to offer. We ate dinner at the inn and it was delicious. A little expensive but worth the money if you can splurge. You have to make a reservation for dinner so don't forget that. My husband had filet and I had chicken. Both great. Then we had dessert and it was even better! They give you gourmet breakfast included in your stay and it was really good. They have all the normal breakfast items and then a special item every day. We spent a lot of time on the grounds enjoying the beautiful landscaping. I wish we had more time to enjoy the spa but we weren't able to. There are some neat antique shops nearby if you are into that.

1 Thank Lngbrgrbea
zinnLogan, Manager at The Inn & Spa at Cedar Falls, responded to this review, 2 October 2012
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Providing our guests with a retreat away from the world is our goal and we are so pleased that you found that with us. We hope that you will visit again!
cincinnati
Reviewed 7 August 2012

This is our second stay at the Inn and this was very last minute. We spent the day hiking in cedar falls and old mans cave and decided to stay the night in the park to do more hiking the next day. Wesley was great and put us up in the Ironweed cottage. Loved it! we enjoyed a late dinner and the filet and salmon were wonderful..loved the salad with Blueberry/Sage dressing-thanks Angie! Breakfast was wonderful outside on the terrace-yummy granola-thanks Danielle!
We were only away from home for 36 hours but I was more refreshed than some week long vacations. Sparkling, cozy accomadations, great staff, delicious food, beautiful surroundings...we will be back!

1 Thank tallpeople
Thank you for your fabulous review. We will be sure to pass your comments on to our staff and are thrilled to learn that you will be back. We look forward to it!
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We arrived on Friday afternoon, checked in and the staff member never gave me a key, thought the place would be open and key on counter. So had to go back for that, he said he was sorry. Stayed at The Hickory Hollow Cabin (sleeps 6-8). We were 3 adults and 2 toddlers. The sheets were very nice on the beds but we only had one bathroom for us 5. Two would have been nice considering the amount of people it sleeps.
There were books, dvds and games in the cabin.
Breakfast and dinner were both nice with the friendly staff.
No wifi in the cabin. My daughter works from home and needed to check emails, she went to the room by the restaurant and defintely no cell service. The member of staff said they will get wifi in the cabins soon, free wifi is advertised but it is not everywhere, it would have be nice to know that before staying.
The spa, we both laid for 3 hours on a massage table, foot and hand treatments made our hands start to burn, so it was taken off. The massage was ok, to be honest I have had better and cheaper. The facial I honestly thought I could have done better.
One last thing, its not for kids, lots of couples and lovely hammocks to lay in.
Next time we will stay in a room within the building and I do not think we will use the spa again.

Room Tip: We had a nice back patio with chairs and a bbq.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank cher57
zinnLogan, Owner at The Inn & Spa at Cedar Falls, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
Thank you writing to us. Your comments are very important and help us continue to grow. Hickory Hollow is our most rented cabin for families. Next time you visit, consider the RedBud cabin as there are two full baths. We have Wi-Fi available in the Fireside lounge, the Gathering Place, the rooms and cottages. You are correct that it isn’t available in the cabins, we apologize. We appreciate your comments on the spa and will discuss them with our Spa Manager. We are delighted you enjoyed your restaurant experience and look forward to your return visit.
Hudson, Ohio
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Having read about this highly rated inn for years, we were happy to finally have the opportunity to stay for two nights, and were not disappointed. The food and atmosphere at the restaurant were perfect -- could not have been better! And our cottage was a wonderful surprise, so cozy and private. The caves to explore nearby were great places to hike, also.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comments and for staying with us. Our close proximity to the park hiking trails makes us a perfect spot to get away and enjoy the outdoors. We hope you will stay with us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Logan
Holiday Inn Express Logan
Holiday Inn Express Lancaster
Hometown Inn
Hometown Inn
#7 of 10 in Athens

Been to The Inn & Spa at Cedar Falls? Share your experiences!