“Party on the River”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Loudonville
Mohican Adventures Campground & Cabins
Akron
“Party on the River”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We decided to take the kids for a day of canoeing and kayaking on the Mohican River. Loudonville livery did not have any kayaks available so we drove 2 miles down the road to this place, and it definitely was worth it. Wish we could have stayed and enjoyed the putt putt and obstacle course, but it began to rain. It was packed. The canoe trip was not the nature bonding moment that I expected, but the river ended up being a huge party float. I think my boyfriend and I were the only sober adults on the river. Most of the people floating were in huge groups on roped rafts and were just drunk silly and laughing their behinds off. I regret not bringing a cooler so that we can chill. It was hard to navigate the river with so many people, but it made for great people watching. There are bar and eatery stops along the way down the seven mile stretch. We kept our canoe moving so it took about 1.5 hours but most people look like they were making an entire day out of it. No steering going on. I will have to come back and get in the spirit of the day some other time. Just wish I hadn't seen so many plumbers in training. Yikes.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Dallamjm

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights (Saturday and Sunday) in a tent on one of the wooded lots. The lot was small and on an incline making it impossible for us to park our car close to our tent. That being said, everything is hilly in Mohican and we purposely reserved a site close to the shower room that we didn't need 4wd to access. The indoor pool was clean and very fun as was the shower house and toilets. Staff at the office was helpful and kids loved the playgrounds and volleyball court. Saying they have a "beach" on their lake is a bit of a misnomer and we stuck to the pool. We also ventured across the highway to partake in the 7 mile rafting trip for which we got a nice discount for staying at the campground. I would highly recommend this campground for tent camping with small children and am looking forward to our next trip there!

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Rachel B
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here 3 times since last summer. We have an RV and we always stay next to the creek. My daughter will play there all day if you let her. There are activities for kids across the street that you get a discount on if you are staying at the campground. We went to the pool once and it was not very clean. All in all it's a great campground for families.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Nicolecam72
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Movhican adventures was amazing we stayed in the ranch house it was so homey and huge and comfy the store and workers are great the view is even better. The best playground two lakes for fishing swiming paddle boating and paddle boarding. Great hiking an indoor pool that's really nice across the street is go carts put put canoeing and the new aerial adventure course was amazing the hardest most challenging think I have ever done. It's also really close to zip lining and horseback riding I'm really sore but can't wait to go back

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Kathrynvsz
Titusville, Florida
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Our family of 19 plans a family campout for Father's Day. I made reservations for a cabin as we are elderly and the gal knew my sons & families would be camping with us. The gal told me our cabin would be across the street from my sons. (did not mention that across the street is a very big hill---no level ground and we were in fact at the bottom of the hill.) Even the pool is up the hill. As we planned it as a family, I had planned on sharing stuff with my family for a family gathering. Not possible for my husband & I. Not without loading our truck and driving around the park to their sites. Made what should have been a great weekend a" BIG Disappointment" I was told by a worker that I had not registered as handicapped. I am not handicapped. Not that they could have done anything for me. Owner said "Sorry" but no compensation as I stayed.(if I had left-they would have kept my money anyway) Many great places to stay in Mohican- just PICK ANOTHER PARK

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank linda b
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This place is very nice. They have many Levels of accommodations from bare dirt camping spots to cabin with indoor pluming, and all options in between. nice pond for fishing. They have Cornhole, pavilion and nice shared bathroom facilities. there is a indoor pool and hot tub. across the road is their Go cart tracks, put put and canoe, raft or tube rental for a nice trip down the river.
If you can check it out.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Hurlamania
Weirton, West Virginia
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Have camped here several times! We always get the A-Frame cabin around the pond! They have AC and Electric obviously and we have had a fantastic time every time we are there! So reasonably priced and very, very clean from the showers to the Cabins! So much to do for all ages! We love the indoor pool and hot tub.Can't wait to do the new Ariel obstacle course! We'll be there in July! Can't wait!

Room Tip: It all depends on what you are looking for roughing it or first class! They have it all covered!