“Horrible meal; horrible service”

Hanover House Diner
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Loudonville
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Diner
Description: Hanover House Diner offers homemade soups, sandwiches, daily lunch and dinner comfort food specials, fresh made pies, and hand dipped ice cream at affordable prices in a nostalgic 100 year old building.
Medina, Ohio
“Horrible meal; horrible service”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My parents and I, as well as a colleague from England stopped into this establishment for lunch. Service was slow. My mother and I ordered vegetable beef soup. It tasted like it was out of a can, but doctored. It was very salty. My mother had ordered a ham and cheese sandwich. She took the meat out of the very thin sandwich and put it on half the bread as she did not to consume so many carbs. She took one bite and the ham was rancid. I tasted it as well and had to spit it out. We politely explained to the waitress. My mother said, "You should sample the ham in the back to see what I mean." The waitress said, "If I eat anything I have to pay for it." Now what kind of response is that? There were no apologies. The owner/manager did not come over. In the end, they insultingly took $2 off the bill. We did not argue. It was not worth it. Do NOT waste your time and money in this shabby little establishment with no customer service and really horrible food.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Thomas51A

Montana
“Great place for lunch!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Great place for lunch in my hometown when I visit a couple of times a year! Fast service and clean. Thanks!

• Visited September 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“Don't skip dessert”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Had a mini hamburger and small soup for lunch to have room for the genuinely home made coconut cream pie and the featured frozen custard. Crust on the pie was flaky and the butter pecan was creamy and chock full of real pecans. Was in town on a camping trip but would return again just to try different flavors of the pie and the frozen custard.

• Visited May 2014
Mount Vernon, Ohio
“Good food/service/value”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

If you're feeding a family this is the place. Service was as good as you will ever get...food and price was very good. We will definitely go back when in the area.

Visited March 2014
Lakeville, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A nice place to visit, very good food and service.”
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

This visit will be the first of many to come. We found a very clean restaurant with a simple menu. The food was very very good and the service was outstanding. Our waitress was quite pleasant and freindly and our food was served promptly and hot. The deserts, pie and apple crisp ala mode with the frozen custard were perfect.

• Visited December 2013