I enjoyed my stay, but I only stayed one night at the end of Dec. Snow on the ground made the place look magical at night with all the twinkle lights and neat walk ways. The Thering Suite was decorated nicely, a perfect size, the bed was super comfy (took my own pillow), we had our own deck with a table and chairs (too bad it was so cold outside). The gas fireplace was a nice touch but after running it for about 20 minutes it heated up the room to summer temps and it never cooled down, even with the door cracked open.
There is nothing to do here. We borrowed Scrabble from the very unfriendly front desk girls and played a few games while we mixed our own drinks in the room. Remember to bring your own snacks and drinks. A small bottle of soda is $2 and a bottle of beer is $3. No snacks to be found.
We live in our dream home so this place, while nice, didn't have the "wow" factor we expected, however I could imagine for some who aren't as fortunate as us, this place could be absolutely fascinatingl. My husband is a builder and he commented that the fixtures used, etc, were nice, but described the place as "silly." He said he could tell it was built without much planning, especially when we entered the gorgeous pool building and noticed the ceiling falling down, lights falling, and completely full of mold. We got out of that place as soon as we could!
We ate dinner at the restaurant and our waitress was quite nice, a woman in her 60s maybe? The menu does not match the decor and it really troubled me. We ate very tasty food, the pork was very good, and paid about $80 for dinner, but the decor kept screaming meatloaf and mashed potatoes, not a filet or the wonderful house salad dressing they offered. I had a hard time paying such high prices for a meal that didn't match the atmosphere. But it did taste good and the portions were ample.
Two things in the room didn't meet my expectations: No towel bar or ring to hang a hand towel so I had to drape it over the pedestal sink; shower stall had a small dish to place the soap, which wasn't screwed into the wall so it wobbled, and I had to place my other toiletries on the shower stall floor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landoll's Mohican Castle provides a boutique hotel experience in central Ohio. The Castle contains 11 uniquely designed suites with fine furnishings that fit the style of an old world castle. In addition, there are four adjoining suites in a separate building called the Highland Suites. Finally, there are two free-standing cottages. The Highlands and cottages have been built to fit the theme of the large suite rooms that are featured in the Castle. The Castle Event Center is the largest of its kind in the Mohican-Loudonville area, seating up to 200 people in banquet-style seating. The Event Center and The Copper Mug Bar & Grille restaurant recently hosted a filming by a Gordon Ramsay television show. The result of this experience was a complete redesign of the menu for the restaurant and wedding events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Odigeo so you can book your Landoll's Mohican Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Landoll`s Mohican Castle Hotel Loudonville
- Landolls Mohican Castle Loudonville