“It's the Very Best!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Loudonville
The Blackfork Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 3 Loudonville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 October 2010

We have been staying at The Blackfork Inn for many, many years, now--as best we can recall, at least about 16 or so--and can't imagine visiting anywhere remotely in that area of Ohio without making an effort to stay there!
Sue Gorisek, the Innkeeper, is the most gracious, thoughtful and generous of hosts, not to mention kind, warm, friendly and giving of her time and attention in the midst of managing a very busy venue of guests . She is most accommodating as to arrival, departure, breakfast times and any other scheduling needs for her guests. The rooms (all with in-suite baths) are extremely clean and fresh, and are just irresistable. (Here we would like to put in a special word for Sandy, who helps Sue too.) The breasfast fare is always super-fresh, locally-produced, inventive, perfectly prepared and beautifully presented. We are each day ever torn between adventuring out into the Mohican and Amish countries in the area, and just staying in to rest, read the good books all about, enjoy the sunny, welcoming ambiance and abounding comforts afforded.
In short, needless to say, we always and ever just hate to leave, and cannot wait to return!! We cannot compliment recommend The Blackfork Inn highly enough! You will be SO glad you did! --Pleasant Ridge, Michigan

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 December 2009

My friend and I stayed here while in the area for an event at Landoll’s Mohican Castle. The castle was beautiful but out of my budget, and this little B&B was right in Loudonville and much cheaper since we'd be staying for three nights. When we'd arrived, the innkeeper said her sons had arrived for a surprise visit, and she upgraded our room from Mary to Phillip for no additional cost.

Turns out I was sick as a dog through most of our vacation, but the room and the bed were wonderfully comfy. The bed had an electric blanket which helped a lot, since I spent much of my free time napping. My friend kept entertained going through the CD collection in the room while I slept. The water pressure in the shower was also very good to me. We were attending a ball at the castle, so we'd brought both formal and casual clothes; the armoire in our room was perfect for keeping our dresses wrinkle free.

I have a circadian rhythm disorder (rarely am I awake before noon) but with being sick I wanted to make sure I ate hearty breakfasts with taking my flu medicines. I'm also a vegetarian, and the innkeeper was great in accommodating my meals. Our first morning, breakfast was some kind of egg and sausage casserole (she'd made me a smaller plate of scrambled eggs with salsa). Next morning was bean salad with a meat and cheese plate (she kept the meat and cheese separate) and the morning after that was oat pancakes with baked apples. Yummy and comforting.

The house was cozy, warm, and quiet. We spent some time lounging in the living room, and next to the kitchen was a self-service tea and coffee counter, which again came in handy while being sick! Checking in was a bit confusing: if the innkeeper is not around, you can call her extension from the phone in the foyer, but I wasn't quite sure I was doing it right. Luckily, she figured out what I was trying to do and made her way downstairs to welcome us.

It snowed like crazy while we were there, and the front steps and walkway were clear and passable. We had no trouble getting our bags back to the car in the icy conditions.

Mobile service was terrible, but I think that's all of Loudonville and not a problem with the inn. It was a quick walk to Main Street, but I think a lot of the cafes and stores in the area close early. Dinner at the Main Street Cafe was tasty and inexpensive.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 July 2007

Stayed two nights at this inn, we had family staying the week at the State Park for a week.
Our room was the Margaret room, the windows did not open, the room got so stuffy at night it was awful! THe house smelled musty.
They asked what we liked for breakfast, as it was included in the price. We informed them at I was just 2 mos pregnant and suffering morning sickness but breakfast was one of the few meals I could eat and enjoy. We told her, any of the breakfast foods were fine. THe first morning was great pancakes (oat) with fried apples, fresh berries, juic e . The second morning, I think she was too lazy to cook. She said "Think European" and brought out three bean salad, a cold cut tray with amish bolonga, cheese and crackers and grapes!!! A pregnant person cannot eat coldcuts due to a potential gut infection from cold meats... I was already high risk! I ran out to vomit and she could of cared less. I was in Amish Country and had expectations of the comfort food. The inn was just not up to the quality of the other inns I have visited and the innkeeper was not the caring kind innkeepers we have met in the past.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank melisacnp
Todd B, Owner at The Blackfork Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

My wife and I took over operations of the Blackfork Inn in October of 2011. We are very sorry for the problems encountered in the past and assure our guest that these issues have been addressed and do not reflect the way we operate the Inn.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Loudonville
Comfort Inn Splash Harbor
Landoll's Mohican Castle
Landoll's Mohican Castle
#1 of 1 in Loudonville
Mohican Lodge and Conference Center

Been to The Blackfork Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!