“Very good Thai”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

We have been there a few times for lunch but not dinner. The service has always been good. We enjoy the Thai food. This time it was dinner. The pricing is extremely reasonable. We both ordered the dish with chili sauce. It was very flavorful. I don't like much heat but the flavor of this dish was excellent.
I will order it again but ask them to tone down the chili sauce a little.
My husband loved his meal. He usually orders number three but the server placed the order as a 2 and it was perfect. We both loved the red rice.

There are newer reviews for Zab Thai Kitchen

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I work in the area and visit this restaurant monthly. It's conveniently located and is one of the few places that I would consider "nicer" dining in the immediate area and the only ethnic choice. The dining room is attractive, clean and comfortable. It's a great choice for business lunch.

Some things to keep in mind if you choose to dine here are that the service is typically on the slower side so don't expect to get in and out quickly and their chef's seem to drastically vary with spice level. It's extremely consistent at being inconsistent - agreed to by all the regulars I know. Be very specific with your order if you desire your food to be mild. I would also add that while they have the typical vegetarian options, they are extremely light on the veggies in their dishes - even when you ask/apy for extra. (e.g. 3 pieces of broccoli was considered an order) These are essentially the reasons I rate them as average.

On the positive side, we've enjoyed the curries, noodle dishes and some of their specialty items. The flavors are interesting and very good if you can tolerate the spice level. They offer white jasmine and red rice options. Their desserts have won a couple of local awards and are interesting - macaroons and forbidden coconut rice.

Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

Zab won't disappoint with friendly, fast service and fresh Thai food. Pork dumplings (lady's purse) and basil fried rice were very good. Curries are delicious too. Kid friendly earlier in the evenings but good for adults also.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

i wasn't expecting a lot but was pleasantly surprised. met a friend for lunch and was served quickly and efficiently. the seaweed salad was very good and the chicken pad see ew was very well executed. the thai iced tea was ok - a little bland in my opinion compared to others i have had in the past.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

We went for Friday Dinner. Food was one of the best Thai I ever had. (Including portion size). Ambiance is simple and peaceful. Service is slow but we really didn't mind about that as we got more time to talk/socialize.

We will go again.