“Reasonable bucks worth ”
Review of Buck's Tavern

Buck's Tavern
Ranked #5 of 77 Restaurants in Loveland
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Reasonable venue for food and service - range of sandwiches, salads and nibbles served in baskets with fries and dips.

I’d come back to this place for sports games only (it’s not a place to come just to eat) as they serve reasonable pub food with wide selection of beers.

Dan E, Owner at Buck's Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Thanks for sharing your review with us, Andyhaverson. We appreciate your kind words, and we are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your meal! Hope to see you in again soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Bucks is a nice place to go for dinner or lunch with a neighborhood atmosphere! The pretzels are great nice salads too!

Dan E, Owner at Buck's Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Thanks for sharing your review with us, Terriuc2. We appreciate your kind words, and we are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your meal! Hope to see you in again soon.

Reviewed 17 May 2018

Looking for a mid price place to grab dinner on Friday night. See this place about once a week when grocery shopping and decided to give it a try. From the name and outside looks you think it's a low price family bar. Inside the decor is a bit more upscale. The food is good but the prices are waaay higher than we expected. $10.00 for a fried bologna sandwich!!! Yikes. We both got a burger platter, ice tea and a beer which was good and fresh. My husbands was a bit on the small side. I don't think we will be back again soon unless we come into a windfall of money. Too many other places with same menu but lower prices.

Dan E, Owner at Buck's Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Thanks for taking the time to give us a review, Roberta! We appreciate your business, and we are so glad you decided to give us a try. We apologize that you didn't have the experience you were looking for, but we focus on quality of our product which tends to push us to the more expensive end of our price point. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future!

Reviewed 10 May 2018

This place has a pleasant interior for a Stripmall restaurant. Food is very good, especially the fish I had. During peak dining hours, restaurant gets very crowded and there's very little room while waiting for a table.

Dan E, Owner at Buck's Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review, Jday2015. We appreciate all your feedback - good and bad - because we will use the information to continue to improve our guests' experiences! Hopefully we will have the pleasure of serving you again soon.

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Bucks Tavern is all about taking your Bucks. Deceptively.

Do not believe the menu prices.

Do not expect friendly customer service from management over a discrepancy on your bill.

We ordered an appetizer and a Yuengling draft based on the Happy Hour promo menu sitting on our table.

See photo of the Happy Hour menu in comments.
————
The promo menu touted:

“Happy Hour 3-6 PM”

“All appetizers 4 Bucks Off”
“Yeungling Draft 2.5 Bucks”
————

We thought “sure, why not?” and added-on to our order of two meals. In fact, we ordered the onion straws appetizer and Yeungling draft while literally pointing to the items on this Happy Hour promo flyer on our table as we gave our order to the server.

When the bill came, the appetizer was charged at full price as $9 and the Yuengling was $3.25.

I double-checked the promo flyer part of the menu. There was no indication that this was valid only a certain day or days of the week. No fine print, other than to “Please drink responsibly.”

The server explained that it’s only for weekdays. When we pointed out that the menu does not indicate that, the server helpfully asked if I’d like to talk to a manager.

The manager, Laurel, responded with “No. That’s only for weekdays. Did you ask your server if it was Happy Hour?”

Uh, no. I knew it was after 3 pm and before 6 pm.

And then the manager, Laurel, went on to tell us that “No one has ever complained about this before. And Dan, the owner, just had these [Happy Hour menus] printed up.”

I replied with the suggestion that either (1) the Happy Hour flyer should explicitly say that it is only valid on weekdays or (2) the Happy Hour flyers should be removed from the tables on the weekends.

Laurel responded that she’d “let him know” in an annoyed tone.

I then asked if she could take the difference off our bill. Without skipping a beat, she said “No.”

There was no level of customer support. Not even an attempt to be friendly or gracious to us.

I tried one last ditch effort by saying, “We ordered these extra items based on this misleading flyer. Are you willing to risk losing us as a customer — we will never come back — over a less-than-$5-discrepancy?”

Laurel retorted back to me “I think you need to realize it’s just a few bucks and have a nice evening.”

We waited for the server to bring us our credit card and receipt to sign. It was full price.

We paid the bill.

We left.

We will not be back.

When we finally left at 6:15 pm on a Saturday night, there were a few people standing outside waiting for a table. I suppose Laurel doesn’t believe that deceiving customers with misleading prices will negatively affect their business.

The food is fine, but nothing special.

We’d rather patronize a restaurant that (a) doesn’t charge a higher price than the menu states; and (b) has a little wherewithal to listen to customer feedback and right their wrong if their menu pricing is different than what they charge their customer. Even if it costs them a mere 4.75 Bucks.

2  Thank jcodyssey
Dan E, Owner at Buck's Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

This is Dan Egan, the owner of Bucks Tavern. I’ve received your review. I truly apologize about your experience last night at Bucks. I’m offering my cell number if you would like to contact me-513-608-5156.. I understand if you don’t, I don’t want to add fuel to you being upset...please feel free to call or text me so I can apologize personally if you so desire..Dan