Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
Melting Pot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 31 Restaurants in Lyndhurst
Price range: US$20 - US$60
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Richmond
Description: The Melting Pot is an interactive and fun fondue experience. From an intimate romantic dinner for two, to a girl’s night out, The Melting Pot is the perfect place to escape and relax!Known for superior service our well-trained staff will guide you through this unique dining experience. The Melting Pot features an extensive bottled wine list, a cocktail list with trendy martinis and seasonal, local beer choices. Our dinner menu of creamy cheese fondues, fresh salad and entrees including steak, lobster, chicken, shrimp & vegetarian meals are all prepared tableside. Don’t forget to leave room for our decadent chocolate fondue desserts rounding out the perfect dinning experience in casual elegance!
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Had a Groupon which gave us a meal for 2 which included a salad (the California salad was delicious) then we each had a choice of 3 meats or pastas and one sauce to cook in, plus a bowl of veggies to share. The food we cooked ourselves was good although the portions were small. Each item had to be in the pot for a set amount of time. I had to use my cell phone timer to make sure I cooked it properly.

My #1 complaint with this place was the fact that we were seated in what I would call a converted closet. It was the smallest, darkest room I've ever eaten in. The walls were painted so dark and there was one tiny, perhaps 20 watt bulb hanging over our booth which barely fit 2 people. Luckily I had a tiny flashlight in my purse, otherwise we would never have been able to read the menu. We could've easily joined in the conversation at the other tiny booth in the room as we could hear every word they said.

Upon exiting our booth we were surprised to see so many empty tables/booths in much better lit areas, many with just 2 people at them. So why we were put in that awful tiny room is beyond me. I'm just glad I didn't drop anything out of my purse or I wouldn't have ever found it in the dark.

Sorry, but once is enough for me and I do not plan to eat here again.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Bought a groupon for this location. Apparently when you have a groupon you don't get to chose your meal,( even though it states you do.) They pretty much bring you whatever they want.They brought out a cheese fondue which was ok, then 2 small salads that were ok. Then, our main meal was a combination of several small pieces of meat and seafood cut about the size of a dime. This was our meal for both of us?! My husband and I were in shock, surely this cant be right!? I convinced him to just let it go since we had no intentions on coming back, until we got our check! They charge you 25% gratuity on what the meal would have cost without the groupon. Tried to charge us 25% gratuity for what they said would have been a $90 bill, that was actually a $30 groupon . My husband and I are very generous tippers, but don't like being forced into anything. The service and food were nothing to be excited about and we didn't feel that a $22 tip for dropping off some fondue at our table was warranted. My husband talked to the manager, who gave us a $50 gift card that we will never use. I thought it would be a fun experience, but really it was just aggravating and disappointing. Save your money for some REAL food.

3  Thank rude1s
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We had a reservation at 7pm. Sat down at 7:20 and waited until 7:55 to get water. No one knew who our waitress was. After getting water and having the first girl explain the menu to us, we were still very confused. After being asked a second time if we have been waited on by a second person, a third person came by our table who seemed to be the manager who clearly explained the menu and the groupon we had purchased. The manager was the only person throughout the whole night that was actually helpful to us. After more than probably 40 minutes of waiting, our waitress finally came over and took our order for our cheese fondue. The manager started our cheese fondue and a third person, a waitor came by and finished mixing the fondue together and took our order. Not even our waitress took out order, a waiter who didn't even have anything to do with our table did. Our waitress finally came and delivered our food that was enough to feed a small bird. If you like boiled meat, this place is for you. So confused as to why the cooking is done this way. Not a fan. After finishing our food, now a fifth waitress came to our table and said she would be taking care of us for the remainder of the dinner. Our original waitress who pretty much only filled our water and delivered our salads, which were wrong, didn't even come to our table to tell us that someone else was going to taking care of is for the remainder. Talk about rude. We ordered desert, thinking it would maybe make us feel better about our experience with everything else, and we ordered the chocolate s'mores fondue, and it was very good. About the only thing we really liked. After finishing, our bill came. After subtracting the $60 off the bill from the groupon I purchased for $30, our bill was still $41.00. Basically $41 for cheese and chocolate fondue. Completely over priced. Our whole bill, not including the groupon was $96.00. Completely not worth it for the melted cheese, boiled meat & terrible service we recieved during our TWO HOUR dinner. Ansolutely ridiculous. The manager was the only person who even cared about our experience there and it seemed like every employee there was all over the place. We were so excited to come here and were so disappointed from the second we sat down. Definitely will not be coming here again.

4  Thank Heathere100
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Ate here on a weeknight to celebrate an event. Did have a reservation & seemed busy for a weeknight. Got through an appetizer, started a bottle of wine and had salads before the electricity went out. The staff were attentive and kept updating us on the situation but we eventually left not knowing how long it would be. Turns out it was a problem across the shopping mall. They did prorate our meal & let us leave with our unfinished bottle of wine (we had used their special of "2 can dine for 69"). We have eaten here before & thought this deal was very reasonable for all the courses. Will go back but because the portions can be heavy we may just try dessert. We sat in a "hallway" area and stared at a blank wall from a booth, felt somewhat claustophobic so I would request a place in the main area.

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Went because of a groupon. Even with the groupon I spent $60. Was well worth it though! First time I had duck in my life and the cheese and chocolate fondue was excellent! Nice and dark in there lol

1  Thank showcom1
Alessandro G, Manager at Melting Pot, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Hi Showcom1!

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review and for the great feedback! We look forward to seeing you again. Please feel free to call me personally and reference your review before your next visit!

Thanks again.
Laylonnie Jones
Manager

Been to Melting Pot? Share your experiences!