“Thumps up!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Macedonia
Indiana, United States
“Thumps up!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I've stayed at this location before. Although the gentleman who checked me in could smile and be a bit more pleasant, he wasn't rude by any means. Overall, my room was clean and I enjoy staying at La Quinta.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Twinsburg, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stayed 2 nights last month just for a getaway. The first room we checked into smelled horrible and like smoke, also smelled smoke throughout the hallways (I don't smoke). We transferred and got a perfect room! The room was decent and clean. Loved the décor, super nice pictures on the walls. Linens were not changed after the first night (really odd, but since we were clean it didn't bother me). Pillows were super comfy. The breakfast was really good, only fruit available was apples. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The dogs barking constantly in the rooms was a tad annoying. Shouldn't allow dogs in all rooms especially when people have allergies. Maybe designate certain rooms. TV's only have a handful of channels (nothing appropriate for my 3 year old). The pool was a bit cold I couldn't get past my waste but it was clean and clear. The spa was really nice and hot the first night, but there was little rocks and dirt all over the bottom. The second night the spa was not hot at all. I would recommend the hotel, but book in advance to get a better rate, it's a bit pricy.

Room Tip: If you smoke, pic an upper floor. If you are allergic to animals ~ do not stay here.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Reynoldsburg, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed a Friday and Saturday night at this hotel. The price we got for a suite was a terrific deal. The room looks freshly remodeled and smelled very clean. I loved all the HD channels and even the initial screen when the tv is turned on to go to sleep. I honestly wish my tv at home had the moon over the ocean screensaver. The first night we slept on the sofa bed and the comfort is as expected with the sofa bed. The next morning we went to the breakfast and made our waffles along with the other goodies. It is a typical free hotel breakfast. I wish there was more healthy food, but you get what you pay for. The pool was nice and hot tub felt great. It is nice that the hours are until 11pm.

Saturday night was a different story. I am hoping the following was a rare occasion. Apparently they had a wedding there and people stayed outside our hotel room on the second floor and just talked. We could hear every word and it was late at night. I did sleep on a bed the following night and it was not as comfortable as I was hoping for, but it did not affect my sleep. It was better than a Days Inn bed, but no means a Marriott bed. The next morning, the breakfast was the same quality.

All of the staff we talked to could not be nicer. They were very friendly and helpful when we needed their assistance in obtaining a crib for our toddler.

We did not take our dog but saw several people with dogs which our toddler loved. The best part of the room is that it did not smell like a pet was there. We could not have been happier.

Overall, we hope that the talking outside the room was just an incident, otherwise, we would stay there again.

Room Tip: The suites do have two doors, therefore one part of the suite can leave and come back in their part...
Hamilton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Our stay at Cutler-Ridge was pleasant, we were to stay two nights but had to cancel the second night for other reasons and there was no problem at all cancelling. (Have not received credit for stay on Returns yet?) Macedonia, Ohio, three night stay was very good, noicy people next door but that was handled very well.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

The Villages, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

I did not like that every room was pet friendly. We changed rooms after the first night to the other side of the hotel, total days stayed 6, could not wait to leave this hotel. From ceiling to floor it was dirty, I had to request clean sheets after 2 nights, the sheets had holes from being worn. The comforter was stained and so was the mattress pad. Hair and dust build up behind the door.
Towels do not dry off the water. I wore socks the entire time in the room and threw the socks away. The rooms and hallways all have stained carpet and pet odor. The breakfast was dull, and the only fruit available was apples, from a long time ago. The person setting up the breakfast never wore gloves to fill the breakfast bar. Garbage was over flowing most mornings. Air conditioner sounds like a train coming through the room. A bright spot light shines until midnight into the room and the trash pick up is at 6am on Saturday morning. When I complained about the room and not satisfied the front desk clerk said,, "you booked with Orbitz, they saw you coming with the rate". From the outside is may seem inviting, but after 6 days it was like a dungeon. Check out other hotels in the area. The pets pee/poop all over the grass area, never saw a person pick up.

Room Tip: look for a room not near the trash area and the highway that circles the hotel.
1 Thank Linda M
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Ohio's motto once was, "Ohio, So Much to Discover." For a state, that's great and expected! But, for a motel, it's probably not. Fortunately, this is a happy story. This La Quinta is, in my opinion, the most welcoming and prettiest motel (of the 3) in the intersection here in Macedonia, Ohio. Immediately upon seeing this La Quinta, I was struck by how hospitable and welcoming it looked. The homey pool and spa were wonderful after a day's driving! A nice dinner in the adjacent "Bob Evans" topped off the evening. We have learned to rely on La Quinta, and not have "much to discover."

Room Tip: Fourth floor rooms are quiet with a view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Marlton, New Jersey, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

This LaQuinta hotel could be a 3 and a half star hotel and a great value for the money if it was not for the depressing breakfast bar. The staff is friendly and efficient, the rooms are up-to-date and well maintained, but the breakfast is something to avoid. The selection is limited with virtually NO fresh fruit and no hot food. But for gosh sakes, must the owners of this hotel short change their guests on the quality of the coffee offered? The coffee comes from a bloody machine that dispenses individual cups from INSTANT COFFEE: yuk!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Macedonia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Macedonia
Clarion Inn & Conference Center
Comfort Suites Twinsburg
Comfort Suites Twinsburg
#2 of 3 in Twinsburg

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia? Share your experiences!