“Too busy to take care of a potential customer.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Macedonia
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The rude woman at the front desk promptly hung up the phone, but only after she impatiently stated, "You'll have to call back during daytime hours. I have a lobby full of people." Did I mention that she promptly hung up the phone? My husband did not even have a chance to say anything after her declaration. Actually, he did say, "Don't hang up on me," but try getting those words out and beating the "click" when the person on the other end has already pulled the phone away from her ear and is in the midst of promptly hanging up on you. This happened on July 11, 2014 at 2330. I guess a bird in the hand really is worth more than two in the bush. Why help someone who isn't paying for a night stay, when you can help someone standing right in front of you? Perhaps those paying customers will write enough positive reviews, such that this not-so-positive review will be eliminated from the minds of other potential customers. OBTW, did I mention she promptly hung up the phone?

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Everything about this La Quinta Inn rates it VERY GOOD!

The exterior is pretty and nicely landscaped, just off the highway and set off a busy road far enough to be fairly peaceful.
The lobby is welcoming and the staff genuinely friendly and helpful. I arrived around 8 p.m. And asked for a ground level room, which the desk clerk cheerfully assigned to me. That made it much easier for my two dogs, which stayed FREE! (A big deal for me! THANK YOU for being pet friendly, La Quinta!)
Walking in my room, I was immediately pleased by the fresh, clean smell and spacious room, nicely furnished and with a good-sized LCD HD television.
Breakfast was above average, especially the coffee ... I rarely drink hotel coffee because it's usually pure crap, but their's is quite good!
I'll be back to this hotel, most definitely!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I would highly recommend family and friends to stay at the La Quinta Inns & Suites. Very good experience. I did not get to enjoy breakfast beccause we had to leave early and one of the mornings we slept in. My family and I enjoyed the amenities and location. We are slightly familiar with the surrounding area and the stay there made it easier to navigate to the destinations we needed to get to. The staff and service was great and the pricing was well spent. We were relaxed and it felt like a warm home setting.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

During the summer we like to travel with our dog. LaQuinta is one of the few that will accept dogs. The hotel is nice. It is a good value. A small continental breakfast is included. It is in a nice location with a lot of restaurants and stores nearby.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed in a 2 room suite weekend and loved this hotel. It was in a good location and the hotel was updated. There was a bad smell in our hallway on the 3rd floor, but that was our only complaint. The room was spacious and clean and the breakfast served in the morning was the standard free breakfast. We really enjoyed our stay and would stay here again.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I found LaQuinta originally for their warmth to dogs! And soon we kept coming for the reliable breakfasts, civilized staff, comfortable beds and bedding. We have come to Macedonia while driving between Chicago and Albany for multiple years now. We appreciate a reliable property -- for the short stay, basically annually, sometimes twice. We like the point system of LaQuinta. I stay in many different city/conference hotels on business so I have a broad range of experience across the globe. Even in the context of Doubletree, Sheraton and the like, LaQuinta always satisfies.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We have stayed at this La Quinta for years as the half way point on our semi annual trip to relatives in Wisconsin. The pet friendly policy has been a large factor, but the rooms are clean, and have recently been renovated, the breakfast is better than most, good WiFi, and our kids love to take a break and swim in the pool, especially in the winter. There are a couple of decent, family friendly restaurants in the area, and if we get in early enough, it's a quick drive over to the Cuyhoga River National Park. The only issue we've had is the occasional room that smelled smoky, but the staff quickly switched us to another room. The pool could stand some renovation, but it's clean.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Macedonia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Macedonia
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Oakwood Village
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland/Twinsburg
Norwood Inn Hudson Conference Center
Baymont Inn & Suites Boston Heights/Hudson
Days Inn & Suites Richfield

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia? Share your experiences!