“Great time”
Review of Winans House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Madison
Winans House
Ranked #3 of 3 Madison B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I don't normally write reviews on great places because I don't want other people to find them and thus take my place away from me. But this B&B is an exception. The owners are extremely nice people and the three course breakfasts are incredible. You'll not need anything to eat until late afternoon. They're huge. The rooms are spacious and comfy. There are no TVs, radios or anything like that here. If you need that, don't come here. The owners believe this should be a time to talk to your significant other and to the others guests, too. I'd recommend this place to anybody going to this part of the country. The only problem is parking is tight. There is room for everyone but it is tight. This is a very small concern considering the quality of everything. The rooms include all the bathroom amenities. I can't say enough good about this place.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Snowman529

Reviewed 26 February 2014

My husband and I were spending our honeymoon weekend in Geneva and stayed at the Winans House. We can't say enough about it! The pictures don't do this place justice.. It is absolutely gorgeous! The rooms make you feel at home and it's so quite making it easy to relax. Breakfast is fantastic we had some of the best breakfast food we've ever had. Last but not least were the inn keepers Jim and Georgia they were awesome. They are some of the nicest people we've ever met and we enjoyed talking to them over breakfast. Least to say we will definitely be back over the summer. Anyone planning on staying here you won't be disappointed!!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 7 October 2013

The Winans house is the perfect place to stay while enjoying Lake County wine country. I was blown away with the accomodations as they far exceeded my expectations. The house is a work of art and the rooms will make you feel comfortable and refreshed. The most important asset of that the Winans has to offer are the amazing and remarkable service that the host Jim and Georgia Drown offer to all guests. They are some of the nicest people I have ever met and will make you feel right at home with a tour and some of the best bananna bread I have ever had the pleasure of eating! Absolutely a peaceful weekend and some great wine

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We were traveling with friends and stayed in this B&B. We loved it! Gracefully Victorian, our rooms had many extra touches, and those, combined with the warmth of hosts Georgia and Jim, murmured perpetual Welcome. We left the next morning after a delightful breakfast and a relaxing stay. Very enjoyable!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We were looking for a place close to the wineries of the Grand River Valley, and came upon a historic house in Madison. We were happy with the location, and amazed with the amount of history in the house, and shared by the owners/proprietors. We had been on a tour of the Ashtabula County covered bridges, and exploring Ashtabula county by bicycle before we came to the Grand River Valley and Madison. The owners shared more history of Ashtabula county with us, as well as of Madison and the wineries, making our experience richer. The suite was spacious, our time restful, the breakfast great.

Room Tip: We were happy with the Georgian suite. It was spacious, clean, and restful. One side fronted Rte...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We have visited a few B&B's in this area. The Winans House is by far the most comforting and original. A beautiful Victorian house, fantastic furniture, the bed was perfect, the hospitality unsurpassed. So clean you feel at home immediately. I felt like I was visiting old friends. My wife tells people I was being spoiled by the inn keepers - they are wonderful people. The breakfasts were scrumptious and the house was just totally comfortable. Makes you want to take your shoes off and curl up in the living room with a good book...which I actually did. Anytime we can be in this area, this would be our first choice.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Winans House B&B for a quick weekend trip. This was our first time staying at a B&B, and I wasn't too sure what to expect. The pictures on the web-site do not do the house justice. The Victorian style home is filled with so many amazing details, and the innkeepers have kept the decor very true to the time period. We stayed in the King James room which included a sitting area and an updated bathroom, equip with a Jacuzzi tub.

The stay included a breakfast that was served in the formal dining room. The innkeepers Jim and Georgia made us feel very comfortable and welcome. Georgia prepared the amazing breakfast, while Jim served and cleared the table. Watching the couple work together was heartwarming. The innkeepers provide great conversation. We were told about the history of the house, as well as the history of Madison. By the time we left, my husband and I felt that we had known Jim and Georgia for years, and we were sad to leave. I would recommend the Winans House to anyone who is traveling to the Geneva/ Madison area. My husband and I will definitely plan another stay at the B&B.

I forgot to mention that I have a food allergy and have difficulty tolerating dairy products. Georgia made sure that breakfast was prepared so that I could eat everything. My mother is the only other person who alters recipes.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kristin C

Been to Winans House? Share your experiences!