“ALWAYS A GOOD TIME”

Grand River Cellars
Ranked #2 of 41 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Ohio Wine Producers
Madison, Ohio, United States
“ALWAYS A GOOD TIME”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

we go there for food wine & dancing we always have a great time!!!!!!! service-rs are friendly!!!! !!!!!!!

• Visited March 2014

Cleveland, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Order carefully.”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Cons:
Food and drink: I was actually slightly embarrassed FOR them when we went....their sangria had canned mandarin oranges and canned pineapple in it....at a winery! Couldn't believe it. The food was clearly all frozen, canned or otherwise reheat and serve....on plastic plates, no less. (I had salad (clearly bagged), ribs that were burnt and extremely dry, and vegetables (clearly frozen vegetables that were sopping wet on the plate). If that's the kind of dining experience they're offering, the prices need to reflect that....they're too pricey for the poor quality slop they're serving.
Service: the waitress had us pay our bills BEFORE the food came because "her shift was over". Seriously? Are you never returning?

Pros:
Entertainment: the band was VERY good, very fun!
Atmosphere: it's beautiful out there in the winter, I can imagine in the summer it's just as gorgeous.

BOTTOM LINE: go ahead and go for the fun, but eat before!

• Visited December 2013
“Good food, music & wine”
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Great place for a night out of listening to live music, food was good (we had wedding soup and meatloaf) and the Chardonnay was good! Great prices too

Painesville
“Great Place for a Dinner Party”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I recently used Grand River Cellars to host a dinner party with about 40 guests. The winery's private banquet room was the perfect size for this event. They offered a very reasonably priced meal with an excellent selection of main courses to accomdate all. The quality of the food was exceptional. This was confirmed by dozens of our guests who commented on the food quality and the excellent service. The primary server assigned to our party was outstanding. You could tell she was very experienced in serving a larger dinner party. The entire staff at Grand River Cellars did a great job. I would definetly use them again for this type of event.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank John N
Willoughby, Ohio
“Great atmosphere ”
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

We had a coupon and went on a Sunday afternoon. I has a blush wine and my husband had a beer (?). I ordered a veggie burger Andy husband had pizza. The pizza was really good. The veggie burger was frozen... Nothing special. I had a coupon and was told I couldn't use on a sandwich. I clearly hate when retailers advertise coupons and them don't honor them. It's bait and switch. No other words for it!!!!!! And by the way. I'm a vegetarian. It's the only item in the menu for me and I've used a coupon before so why now? I will probably go back.