“My toddler slept for 12 hours!”

Holiday Inn Mansfield Conference Center
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Mansfield
Reviewed 1 August 2009

My husband, myself, and our two young children stayed two nights at this Mansfield hotel. We were on an extended trip through multiple states and came to town to visit relatives. We booked a room for $55 through Priceline.com.

Out of the four places we stayed, the Mansfield Holiday Inn was the only one that provided a good night's sleep for all of us. We loved the beds. The toddler (for the first time) did not move the entire night and woke up late each morning. This was the best gift a hotel can possibly give the parents of small children who don't sleep well in unfamiliar places. The room was quiet and relaxing. The hallways were wide and quiet. The pool provided a welcome place to let loose. We were impressed that someone cared so much about this hotel to take such good care of it. We also ate breakfast in the restaurant (kids were free), which was similarly relaxing and good quality.

Pros -- Quiet rooms and dreamy beds. Welcoming staff who took pride in their facility. Rennovations will begin in Sept., though structure was fine with me. Indoor pool and restaurant onsite.

Cons -- The surrounding neighborhood has gone downhill over the years. Parking lot location made us nervous, though this was a perception based on casual glance of neighborhood, not a perception based on fact.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank SafariPooh

Reviewed 6 February 2009

I stayed here for a nursing exam at a local hospital.

After a very quick and easy check in, I was given a little gift bag with a few goodies in it and a note wishing me good luck on the exam on behalf of the Holiday Inn. That was very sweet and a nice touch.

The room was average.

The water preassure in the shower was awesome!

The bed was uncomforatable.

The single-touch buttons on the phone did not seem to work for the front desk or room service. I had to dial the extension.

I did order room service twice - great prices and great food. It was very fast and the servers were very nice.

There was no alarm clock in then room.

The only issue I had was the noise. The walls did seem to be very thin. And let me tell you, I can usually sleep through a loud thunderstorm.

I was awakend the first morning by a crazy snow plow driver outside my window, plowing the area for the delivery truck to come in. The plow was at it for TWO HOURS!! Then, the delivery truck came and idled for another hour. I know the hotel had no control over this, but I mention it because it was very loud through the windows and walls!

The second night, I was bothered by a group of very loud women having a party. They were laughing, clapping, singing, stomping, pounding on the floors and walls.... I thought they were right next door, it was that loud. I called the front desk and complained. An hour later, the noise had not died down and I called again. They said they were unable to find the noise.

At this point, I went looking for it. I finally found the party - on the next floor up and 5 doors down from my room!!! They were that far away and STILL that loud!! I called the font desk again, gave them an exact room number and they said "Ohhhh..it's on the floor above you????"

By 1 am, the noise was still going on so I marched down to the front desk and the attendant said, "We've told them twice, what more do you want us to do??" Then they offered to move me.

This was NOT an option since I had to be up at 5am to take an exam. I should not have been the one having to move. She said she would call again, but the noise continued until 3am. I could hear their conversations...

The noise was so bad!!

I did get them to comp a night from my bill, but the fact was, I got little to no sleep due to the noise and the staff not really willing to do anything about it.

As far as the room and the hotel itself, it was average.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 October 2008

First off, this is pretty much the only quality hotel in downtown Mansfield. The rest involve staying off the Interstate, or in low-end motels. Thankfully though, your only choice is a good one.

We got this hotel on Priceline for $30. What a deal! And at that price I have no complaints at all. Nice location. Good facilities. Free parking. Maybe it I paid rack rate I would've had complaints, but I can't think of anything. It is a good, standard Holiday Inn that I had a great time staying 4 days in, in a great city.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2008

This was a great hotel. My only regret is that we didn't stay longer. I booked the room on my Priority rewards points, only 10,000 points as opposed to other Holiday Inns that charge 25,000 points. I got a suite, with a seperate living room 2 queen size beds in another room and a kitchen with a full size refrigerator, stove, microwave, cabinets and everything. this would be great for an extended stay. They provided microwave popcorn in addition to the standard coffee and tea. We arrived after midnight and left by 10:00 am so I did not get to really appreciate the stay. This was by far the best room I ever stayed at in a Holiday Inn and it was a reward night.

We walked down to the all night diner, 2 female adults and one 10 year old child at 12:30 am and did not feel threatened or in danger at all. I agreed with the post about being able to hear cars driving down the street, but that happens in a lot of places in a downtown area.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2008

I stayed here for a conference at a nearby hospital. The room was set-up through the conference people, I assumed it would be okay since it's a holiday inn - wrong. The standard rooms are small and the furnishings are dated -- I immediately rolled up the comforter so I didn't have to lay on it and noticed it had stains on it, very gross. The carpet and one of the lampshades were also stained. The bed was very hard and not comfortable. Clearly this hotel needs remodeled. HBO didn't work. No conditioner, only the very basics in the bathroom. These things are all pretty minor compared to the noise that I had to put up with. I could hear people in the next room clearly and they were just talking at a normal level. It was a weekend conference and there were many of us staying at the hotel, yet they booked a room for young partiers right across the hall and they kept us up from about 3-5 AM. These rooms are barely insulated at all. I checked out after one night. The staff is really nice however and I'm sure they would have taken some money off of my rate if I had felt like making a fuss. The pool is small - I didn't use it because it was full of kids. Also, don't walk around Mansfield by yourself especially if you're a woman -- this is a pretty sketchy town.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 September 2007

It was an adequate place for one might. It didn't enjoy the location but with a car we got where we suppose to get. Our suite was clean and huge. We had a very large living room, big bedroom with a comfortable bed and full kitchen. Our room wasn't sound proof from outside and, although on a fifth floor, we felt there were cars driving through our living room early in the morning. On the other hand we did not hear any sounds from anywhere within the hotel. We usually stay at hotels where breakfast is included in a room rate but I realize HI do not serve a breakfast so wasn't disspaointed. It is an old historic place and Mansfield should do something to renovate and preserve this place. It could be a magnificent building but it needs money and lots of restoration. Overall this hotel is nothing special but very adequate for a few nights. Wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2007
1  Thank Places
Reviewed 28 October 2006

I disagree with these other reviews. When i come to Mansfield, the only place i stay is Holiday Inn, no questions asked. Everytime i come the staff is outstanding. They go way above and beyond compared to anywhere i have ever stayed before and they do with with a smiling face and heart. The place needs minor repairs but so do you when you get old. The food is excellent and i will continue to stay here as this is like a second home to me.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled solo