“Good for a night or two”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Mansfield Ontario
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Mansfield
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel using Marriott Points during a recent trip to Cedar Point. This hotel was a convenient stopping point between my family in Columbus and Cedar Point in Sandusky. Upon my check-in, the person working the front desk was very friendly. This is a Fairfield Inn. I was really only looking for a clean, quiet room where I could sleep the night before and the night after visiting Cedar Point. The room was exactly what I thought it would be. The beds were comfortable, and everything was clean. The water pressure in the shower left a little to be desired, but overall it was a good stay. Like all Fairfield Inns, the breakfast selection is limited. You get what you pay for. If I were in the area again, I would not hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Greg A
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mansfield Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Dear Greg,
Thank you so much for your feedback of the Fairfield Inn Ontario Mansfield. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that everything was to your liking. We hope to see you again soon.

Cynthia G

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Clean, HVAC excellent, clean, smells good, friendly staff, great bed. Good breakfast. I will stay again. Iron worked well, shower nice, bathroom clean.

Was very hot when I stayed here, and the air conditioning was excellent!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2013 via mobile

They messed my reservation and gave me one bed instead of two. They discounted my room but It messed my whole night of sleep up sleeping with my 3 year old kicking me all night. Great staff and clean hotel, just think more should have been done to accommodate my situation.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 19 May 2013

While traveling on business frequently, I am used to just the normal 2 queen rooms. This time I chose the Executive King suite. I must say that it was more than comfortable. I felt like I had ample space to do my work on the sofa, with a movable table for my laptop, in front of a big screen TV. Then when I was ready for bed, I watched the other big screen TV. Only con, there was some construction going on but it was barely noticed. The staff was more than friendly and accommodating. There are plenty of restaurants nearby and a business associate of mine even caught a movie in the area. I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone staying in the area.

Room Tip: Choose the Executive King.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I often stay at Fairfield hotels and this was such a disappointment. Under construction. Eating area felt like a closet. Short meal time. No service. This was way sub-par for Marriott. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mansfield Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. I am sorry for the issues you encountered with your groups reservation. Unfortunately during renovation, issues do arise with reservations and the availability of rooms. I am glad we were able to get the matter resolved and that you and your group were able to stay with us.We hope you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again!

Cynthia Gardner

Reviewed 21 April 2013

On December 16th a group of 14 individuals booked a block of 7 rooms at the Fairfield Inn for an event that our team was enrolled in the weekend of April 26-27th 2013. Knowing that this event would bring hundreds of thousands of people to an area with 4 hotels, we booked well in advance – 4.5 months to be precise. As the event was drawing near our team was excited and plans were finalized. We were notified on April 18th - 10 DAYS – prior to our event being held that the Fairfield Inn was NOT able to honor our reservations and we no longer had rooms at the hotel. They cited “hotel renovations” as the cause for our cancellations. After spending days on the telephone speaking with assistant manager - Jeff, general manager – Cindy and finally the corporate office - Lisa, we were told that the hotel would be so kind to book us another hotel 29 miles away from our event as now this close to the event all of the other hotels were fully booked. After this experience I will never stay, nor would I recommend a Fairfield Inn or Marriot property to any friend or client. Bottom line is – you don’t overbook a hotel for an event and then punish the persons who planned ahead of time and reserved a room for half the cost of others that waited until the last minute. This was a horrible experience and a waste of many hours of my time spent on the telephone. Stay at another hotel who values their customers!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank asmith642
Reviewed 15 April 2013 via mobile

Admittedly a hotel snob I am really anxious to see this complete renovation ! The lobby is yes, still under renovation but the rooms are gorgeous for a Fairfield. They are adding a fitness center. In the meantime they offer passes to a local full service gym.

I felt the need to address so many people trashing the hotel. Jeff the hotel assistant manager was genuinely excited about the new hotel and went out of the way to let me know where things were.

No business is going to be 100 percent during the actual renovation. But the service received is almost as important as the future results will be fantastic.

- a Marriott lifetime platinum member.
Ps- I will be back and look forward to reviewing this again when the renovations are compete. That's the only reason I didn't give all 5 ratings!

• Stayed: April 2013