“No Ambiance”

Oak Park Tavern
Ranked #15 of 140 Restaurants in Mansfield
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Oak Park is Richland County's oldest supper club, originating in 1940. We offer fine dining in a casual atmosphere with full service. Oak Park is Famous for its Lake Erie Yellow Perch as well as hand cut steaks. The menu offers a wide variety of seafood, hand-cut steaks, chicken, burgers all prepared from scratch with the freshest ingredients available.
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I recently attended a wine and dinner pairing, which was excellent. The chefs food preparation and presentation were above and beyond my expectations. I thoroughly enjoyed each course with the appropriate wine pairing. However, I can't get beyond the restaurant itself. I was here several years ago with a friend who thought very highly of the food. And it has not changed. You walk in the door directly into the bar which is right there to greet you. The tables are covered in the old red vinyl tailored fitted table covers that have to be the originals. It claims to be the oldest dining club which I believe it has not changed a thing since 1940. Restaurant Rescue needs to do a show here!!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Had an awesome lunch the other day and the Lobster & Mac is a must try.......I think it is my new favorite at Oak Park!! Can't wait for warmer weather so they can open the outside patio. Thanks for another great lunch!!

1  Thank Brian N
Reviewed 11 March 2014

After hearing so much good about this restaurant I was disappointed. It was dark (not romantic mood lighting), cramped, the decor was not even thrift store quality, the food was OK. I just expected more.

3  Thank jailnurzOH
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Today was another enjoyable lunch at Oak Park!!! I am always looking for an excuse to be in the area so that I can stop for lunch......today was no different. Always treated like part of the family. Kudos to Belinda, Greg and of course Patty!!!

Had the Buffalo Chicken Wrap........awesome!!

Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

Great service and excellent food. 4 out of 4 meals very good. Will definitely come back. Should have been going a lot sooner