“Great Food, Great Service, Fun Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Oak Park Tavern

Oak Park Tavern
Ranked #19 of 137 Restaurants in Mansfield
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Oak Park is Richland County's oldest supper club, originating in 1940. We offer fine dining in a casual atmosphere with full service. Oak Park is Famous for its Lake Erie Yellow Perch as well as hand cut steaks. The menu offers a wide variety of seafood, hand-cut steaks, chicken, burgers all prepared from scratch with the freshest ingredients available.
Ashland, Ohio
“Great Food, Great Service, Fun Atmosphere”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We eat here about once a week for office lunches and have never been disappointed in either the food, the service, or the décor. In fact, when friends from out of town wanted a good steak/seafood meal a couple months ago, I suggested Oak Park; and everyone left happy with nothing but good things to say about the food. I personally have never had a bad meal at OPT, and the service is wonderful. In fact, the servers always remember us and know exactly what we want to drink as soon as we walk in. There are always delicious specials and fresh cuts of meat and fresh seafood. I would and do recommend OPT to anyone who is looking for a high-end meal in a relaxing atmosphere, for a great price.

Mansfield, Ohio
“Great place for food and fun”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I personally had a great experience at The Oak Park Tavern. It was everything I expected and more. I brought my grand children in for dinner and we had an absolute great evening. The girls were brought crayons and paper, and the waitress was always checking in on us. Of course this grandma drinks wine and they had a nice selection for me to choose from. The girls had their usual chicken fingers and I had salmon my husband, steak, both were cook perfectly! We will be back soon, great food very friendly staff and a place that makes you feel at home.

• Visited March 2014
Mansfield, Ohio
“Always has and always will be my favorite place”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We went again for a great meal surf and turf and the special of the evening a ribeye with asparagus and a demi...I have read a few of your last reviews and disagree I personally have never had a bad meal out of there in 25 years as for the decor I call it patina why should the decor have to change, this is one of the best places ever its small and quaint and has great food and that's all that should matter

Cincinnati, Ohio
“food was blah! decor was worse!”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I don't complain very often about restaurants. It has to be really bad before I will say anything, but I feel it is my civic duty to warn all about this awful,awful place. I went here with a group of friends and my wife. If we weren't with a group we would have left as soon as we walked in. It felt like I was inside a 1980s double wide trailor that was decorated by Goodwill 30 years ago and then never updated. I got the 12oz New York strip steak and my wife ordered the 6oz filet mignon. I ordered mine medium well, and my wife ordered hers medium rare. My steak was all bright red inside. My wife's was so rare it looked like ahi tuna in the middle. The side dishes where blah, our soup was just ok and our salad was unbelievably plain. Mine was just spinach leaves and dressing and my wife's looked worse than a side salad at Wendy's. The dinner rolls were starting to go stale and at a table of six grown humans the only appetizer someone ordered didn't even get half finished. When the bill came it was $50 for the two of us. The waiter didn't ask how the food was even though my wife had a half eaten 6oz filet mignon on her plate that looked like a pile of fresh road kill. From what I saw I cannot believe this place is still in business. I think Robert Irvine from the show restaurant Impossible would probably say something like "im taking on my toughest challenge yet" and it would be the season finale.

3 Thank JohnV7744CO
Lexington, Ohio
“No Ambiance”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I recently attended a wine and dinner pairing, which was excellent. The chefs food preparation and presentation were above and beyond my expectations. I thoroughly enjoyed each course with the appropriate wine pairing. However, I can't get beyond the restaurant itself. I was here several years ago with a friend who thought very highly of the food. And it has not changed. You walk in the door directly into the bar which is right there to greet you. The tables are covered in the old red vinyl tailored fitted table covers that have to be the originals. It claims to be the oldest dining club which I believe it has not changed a thing since 1940. Restaurant Rescue needs to do a show here!!

• Visited March 2014