“It must have been a bad day at bedrock...”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Mansfield
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Mansfield
Stuarts Draft, Virginia
“It must have been a bad day at bedrock...”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Based on all the positive reviews, we must have had a very bad series of events at this $162 a night hotel! First of all, we made reservations with this hotel in March only because our first choice was already booked up for this weekend. The lobby was clean. However, when we entered the bathroom in our second floor room we were greeted with a used wet wash cloth hanging from the curtain rod and an dirty toilet with a moldy ring in it. Gross!! The two beds appeared less than full sized, bigger than twins but shorter than either. We are not that tall but our toes hung over the ends. The air conditioner ran all night despite the fact that we had the thermostat up to 74. After taking a shower in the tub that didn't drain well we ate at the adequate breakfast but the orange juice was unavailable since the machine was frozen solid. We had little interactions with the staff but they seemed okay. It was futile to complain since there was no where else to go in the hotel or anywhere else near the track.

In conclusion, If we were paying $70-$80 for this room, I would really not be writing this review since I could somewhat excuse these conditions based on "you get what you pay for". However, when a room is this expensive there is absolutely no reason for the poor unsanitary room conditions that we experienced.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for non smoking room. Yes Virginia, this hotel still allows smokers.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Fierocat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Fredonia, New York, USA
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We have been going there for the last 4 years. We enjoy staying there. Pool is great for the kids. We do a lot of the school shopping out there. Stores are not far from hotel. Places to eat very close. We just love it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank 586kimberlyg
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We really enjoyed this property. Everything was clean, the staff was very friendly and helpful, everything was fresh smelling and nice. Really a great place to stay for a weekend or a whole week. We will definitely stay there again. Very happy with the accommodations.

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite with a pull-out sofa, which was fine for a weekend. If we stay a week, we will...
4 Thank Sandy J
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed at this LQ on way to Connecticut. Rooms were clean and the personnel was very pleasant and helpful. Being it was a last minute reservation, we had to take a smoking room, which is alright as I'm a smoker, but the whole floor reeked of smoke, will not do that again. Stayed again on the way back and got a non smoking room and it was fine. Will stay again.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Clean, comfortable and close to Mid Ohio race track.

Clean room and bathroom, comfortable bed and pillows and the facility is close to Mid - Ohio race track (15 minutes). Wifi is free. There was also the added convenience of having a Walmart next door for all the last minute things we forgot. Basic breakfast is included as well.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BH-ontario
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I reserved with this hotel on 6/18/14 to arrive on 6/27/14. On 6/23/14 a charge to my credit card for 106.46 was applied. 1. I hadn't checked in yet. 2. This was not remotely close to the room rate I was quoted. When I contacted their frontdesk, I was basically told I was a leir about the charge. "There are no charges to your account mam!" I spoke to 3 different people on 3 different occassions. When I spoke to "Kerry" she was rude, argumentative, and had no resolution, until I told her to take a night off of my 2 rooms, totally over $500.00 for the weekend. She had no empathy for the situation, to include arguing with me that for 12 years she has worked there and this never happens. I gave her the benefit of the doubt to get to the bottom of the problem by the time I checked in. Upon checking in, she was rude, didn't introduce herself, and had a serious attitude problem. Telling me that my card was charged to someone elses room, and my funds would be available w/in 7-10 days. Not acceptable considering they had no problem charging my credit card to someone elses room. (A Ghost room at that, her words) She stated that she was "already" refunding me MY money what more did I want. I cancelled the reservation, told her I would handle it at a corporate level. When I explained to her that this is how identity theft happens she just shrugged her shoulders. This is the worst experience I have ever had a Laquinta.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere. There are plenty of other hotels in the area.
1 Thank Heather R