“Great Night!”

Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Mansfield
Poland, Ohio
“Great Night!”
Reviewed 13 October 2012

Wonderful little place. It's very quiet, clean and comfortable. Lots of TV channels & WiFi!

If you're in to strip clubs there's one in walking distance up the road. lol

The owners were super nice when we checked in and switch our room when we asked for one in a different location of the building, (I'm OCD and like odd numbers). haha

Yes, the building is a little old, but it's clean and there's lights all over the building so it feel very safe.

The bathroom is small, but hey it's clean and the room was under $40!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Toledo, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I have been staying at the delightful Heritage Inn located on Koogle Rd., Mansfield, OH for the past two months. I am working as a contractor in Mansfield and needed a reasonably priced somewhat long-term accommodation. Well, this is the place where you want to stay. The owners, a delightful couple, Art & Pam are a joy to speak to and have accommodated my every need. The hotel is in the country in a very quiet location, has comfortable beds, & with clean rooms. There are coffee & sweets every morning. Since I am a contractor, I leave very early in the morning every day; although breakfast is not normally ready until 7am, Art has coffee & sweet rolls put out just for me every morning at 6am. This little amenity is really nice. I highly recommend this quiet & clean hotel to anyone for a one night or much longer stay. I have stayed at many hotels for many years during my business travels & this one rates right up there with the best.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank hazmat_one
Reviewed 26 June 2012

For a business person that spends a lot of time only sleeping in motels this was perfect place to stop and sleep. The room was clean and convienant. Great water pressure and a tv with 50+ channels. Bed was comfortable and clean. The towels were newish and soft. I used a travel magazine coupon and total cost with tax was under $40! I will be back next time in the area. Only bad thing was location wasn't close to any restaurants.

Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Andrew177
Dallas, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 October 2011

My friends and I stayed there for two days while on a hunting trip in Ohio. When we first arrived we were taken aback by the exterior of the hotel. It was obvious that it had not been updated in quite awhile. We arrived early and the hotel manager allowed us to check in. We were pleasantly suprised by the room, although it was outdated, it was clean and did not have a negative odor. The room did not contain an alarm clock or other items you may find in a more expensive hotel, but it did meet our needs. The shower water came out like a pressure washer which was very refreshing. The hotel maids did a great job at cleaning our rooms. We will return there for our next trip.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Robert R
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Older motel, some updates, decent bed, nice towels, good water pressure, toast and Danish for breakfast, isolated location, pleasant manager/owner

• Stayed August 2011
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed 30 July 2010

Checked in at 10:30pm. Was surprised by signs near front window and lobby reading "Restrooms for guests only-don't even ask!" What a way to welcome guests! Found out it's because of a nearby racetrack that attracts large crowds who apparently need bathrooms.

Room on first floor (of two) was my choice. Odd layout as must enter room off lobby/corridor, but can exit room directly into parking lot.

Fridge and microwave in room. Seemed clean, even bathroom.

No hair dryer in the room, but one available if you ask in the lobby. I had brought my own.

Bed was comfortable but a little saggy in the middle. Pillows need replacing and I advise them next time not to write ECONO LODGE with a Sharpie on the pillow if they're going to use thin sheets/pillowcases.

Wireless worked ok.

Was not impressed with breakfast: some bread for toast. Burned coffee. No hot water available as clerk forgot to plug in the hot plate to heat it up-although there were tea bags and hot chocolate packets nearby. A couple of yesterday's (or the day before?) stale pastries (I believe they were frozen overnight as they were still pretty cold).

For a place to stay in that price range it wasn't bad. I wouldn't want to be there for more than one night. Don't believe the area around it was unsafe, just kind of dark and not well-lighted. No restaurants within walking distance.

Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dangrad
Australia
Reviewed 24 July 2009

My wife and I stayed here for one night on our way to the Holmes County Amish area of southeastern Ohio. The motel is easy to find; being right off I-71. The area is a little barren in terms of restaurants so you will have to drive south on I-71 to have a bite at places like Cracker Barrel or Steak 'n Shake.
Personally, we had driven across the Midwest that day and were just looking for a clean place to stay before setting off again the next morning. The Econo Lodge served us pretty well as the room was indeed clean, quiet and comfortable. We did not spend enough time there to make any judgements on its other facilities. For less than fifty dollars for the night's stay during the peak of fall foliage, I think we scored a good value.

• Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple