“Not the food quality that I'm used to”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #12 of 137 Restaurants in Mansfield
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ohio
“Not the food quality that I'm used to”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

We travel quite a bit and I love eating at Cracker Barrel when the restaurant isn't packed. We stopped for lunch at about 4pm on Monday and were seated in a room by ourselves~all the other tables were empty. We all (three of us) ordered the lemonade that was advertised near the hostess station. It was very good, but apparently one refill is all that was allowed...the waitress didn't offer to refill the glasses again.

I ordered the Country fried steak and it was so well done that I could barely eat it. We hadn't eaten all day so I didn't really have a choice. The hash brown casserole that I usually love was also hard and crispy. My sister ordered the Baked Chicken Breast lunch special and it had 3 small bones in it. She also ordered hashbrown instead of stuffing, but received stuffing. She reminded the waitress and the hashbrown casserole was brought and hers was very hard as well.

We ordered an apple dumpling with ice cream and it was very good. But we waited 15 minutes for a small box to put the rest of the large dumpling in to take home. By the time we finally left, our waitress had many other tables and we were left with no drinks waiting for our bill.

I'm used to good service and food at Cracker Barrel so this meal was a disappointment. Next time we are in northern Ohio, we'll stop at Der Dutchman instead.

Caledonia, Canada
“Good enough, and close to hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Cracker Barrel is pretty much Cracker Barrel, but this one seemed a little short of the best. Service was okay, but unremarkable. Food was okay, but unremarkable. Price was okay, but ... well, you get the picture. It's the sort of place where you have to work your way through the "gift shop" to get to the dining room, then back through the "gift shop" again to get out.

Corry, Pennsylvania
“Greatful this was next door to our hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

We ate breakfast here while in Mansfield because it was next to our hotel and because our hotel didn't serve the hot breakfast we had been expecting. We had good meals and good service when we were there, though the fruit for $3.99 was a bit on the small side for the price. Other than that, the meals were good.

Grand Prairie
“More than I expected!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

We've eaten at this Cracker Barrel a few times, and they've always been reliable and pleasant. This time, we went for lunch; I got a cup of soup and a sald for $5.99. The soup was delivered first, and was very good, though a modest portion. When the salad came, I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was a salad worthy of a meal--with lots of protein, not just the standard salad fare. Good price for a healthy and satisfying meal! My husband had the pancakes, bacon, and eggs--nicely available at any hour.

• Visited December 2013
Terceira, Portugal
“Great Cracker Barrel location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

As with all cracker barrels this location has the friendly service, comfortable seating, and home style food. Never had an issue with a long wait to eat and always had prompt service.

• Visited October 2013