“Clean, comfortable, great breakfast”

Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield-South @ I-71
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Mansfield
NW Illinois
“Clean, comfortable, great breakfast”
Reviewed 17 October 2011

This is a beautiful, newer, better than average hotel right off of the highway. Has a fireplace and common area right as you enter the lobby. Lots of tables for impromptu meetings or just hanging around. Breakfast buffet is very good, Our group enjoyed waffles, eggs, biscuits and gravy. They even had "breakfast to go" bags for those who prefer to sleep in. Rooms are very clean and comfortable. Free wireless internet performed well. TV was new. Nice work area including a laptop desk. I had a suite which included a microwave and refrigerator. Coffee pot is in the bathroom but the coffee in the lobby is preferred. Overall a good experience. I would stay again. A few chain restaurants within walking distance. For a nice dining experience go to Malabar Farm (http://www.malabarfarmrestaurant.com/). Good atmosphere and great french cuisine about 15 minutes away.

Room Tip: Suites have microwaves and refrigerators. Building is 4 floors.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank SafeHomeAll
Sandra B, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield-South @ I-71, responded to this review, 8 January 2013
I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
On The Road
Reviewed 3 October 2011

This property is very convenient to the interstate, and is surrounded by several dining options.
It is very easy to find, a lot of Hampton Inns are tucked in behind other buildings, or are out of sight from the highway, but this property is very easy to find!
Check in was very smooth, I was on my way in just a minute or two!
They honored my room request to be on a high floor, and away from the elevator.
I really like this 'era' of architecture that Hilton is using with the newest Hampton Inn properties.
Instead of entering through the side of the building, you enter through the end, and the hallways are long, with the elevators central in the middle of the building.

The rooms are laid out quite differently as well - the King Bed is against the bathroom wall, so when you lie in bed, you face the window. The TV is in the corner next to the window, with a great lamp behind the TV that serves as a great light to leave on if you are going to be coming back to the room after dark. It's not too bright - but yet its enough light to do a few things before turning in for the night.

The internet connection was a little slow during my stay - it seems like they just might have enough bandwidth to serve the hotel when it is at a fairly high capacity.

Breakfast was great evening morning of my stay. Plenty of options to choose from, very fresh! Hot items were hot, cold items were cold.

Housekeeping was very prompt every day during my stay, and respected a do not disturb sign on one of the days of my stay.

One item of criticism, the guest laundry room only has one washer and one dryer. However, that's not a major issue as most hotel guests don't need to do laundry during a normal stay - but I do laundry at least once a week while traveling, so it took me quite a while longer than normal to get my laundry done. But, once again - not a major issue!

The hotel is extremely clean, bright, and always smelled fresh.

You can't go wrong with this property - as I said - it is definitely an above average property!
Overall I was at the property for almost a week - and it was a great stay!

Room Tip: A room on the left side of the building will allow you to see your car in the parking lot if that is...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
We have recently remolded, and hope you return to see the improvements that we have made.
Macomb, Michigan
Reviewed 8 September 2011

On a recent trip to the Mansfield area for an event at a nearby German club, I spent the night at this Hampton Inn. This hotel is located just off I-71 close to several restaurants, including a Cracker Barrel and an Applebees. I regularly seek out Hampton properties, because they are consistently good and provide no surprises. This stay was no exception.

The front staff was very friendly and provided me with information about the area. Freshly baked cookies were set out in the dining area, and fresh, hot coffee was available, as well. I stayed in a standard King room on the third floor. The room was nicely decorated with new furnishings, carpeting, a flat screen TV, a microwave, and a small refrigerator. The bed was the always comfortable Hampton bed that I have become accustomed to, and the linens (all white) were fresh and clean. The WiFi connection in the room was fast and reliable. The hotel back of the hotel faces a residential street - which was interesting, since my room looked out onto the backyard of someone's house and garden.

The fitness room had relatively new equipment and was well maintained and clean. I did not use the pool, but the pool and hot tub areas were clean. The breakfast area was well stocked, despite the fact that the hotel was 'sold out' that weekend. Both hot and cold selections were available, including eggs, waffles, breakfast meats, fresh fruit and yogurt, and cereal.

A good choice for a visit to this area.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope you return in the future.
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We stay at this hotel often. Why?
1. Right off the Interstate.
2. Clean & Quiet.
3. Access to eating in walking distance. ie Bob Evans & Cracker Barrel plus some fast food spots.
4. 3 gas stations right there.
5. Should you need something, there is a Walmart in walking distance.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope you return in the future.
Inverness, Florida
Reviewed 22 August 2011

My husband, 2 grand daughters and I stayed here after a very long day on the road. Patty, the desk clerk, checked us in quickly while being friendly, courteous, kind, very helpful and informative about the hotel and the surrounding area. The room and the bathroom area were spacious, clean, well laid out, with many thoughtful touches. The breakfast was excellent, the eating area was spacious, and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. A great experience for 4 very weary travelers. Thank you, Patty and Hampton Inns.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Sandra B, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield-South @ I-71, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
dee56891
I wanted to take a moment and thank you for taking the survey on your stay at our hotel. I also wanted to thank you for being a loyal guest at The Hilton and our affiliates. We love serving you and will continue to make sure every stay with us exceeds your expectations. Thank you again!!
Alice Springs, Australia
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Mansfield is the DFW suburban area - about half an hour from Dallas, Fort Worth and DFW airport. Its just off the freeway, so with a GPS its pretty easy to get anywhere. I'm not sure why others go to Mansfield, but there were quite a few similar hotels nearby and lots of chain restuarants - all very convenient.
The hotel is new and everything is very nice. Good pool area, flatscreen TV with cable, everything fresh in the room. The staff were also very good - friendly, welcoming and know what they are doing.
We used HHonors points - probably because its new the points needed are very low (7500 per night). I noticed that on websites rooms are about $90 - exceptional value for the quality of the room and service.
If I was going back to DFW I'd happilily stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
dear theheadland,
Reviewed 31 July 2011

We picked this location because it was in the middle of a couple of places we wanted to sightsee at. We found the rooms to be very nice and beds were very comfortable. The breakfast was very good and had a great selection of items to coose from. Pool and spa was very nice. Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank BrenHow
Jesse B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield-South @ I-71, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey for our Mansfield South property. We apologize for the delayed response as we are under new management. If you would like to reach out personally please feel free to contact me at 419.774.1010
Thank you again and enjoy your day.