“Nice hotel off of I-71”

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Mansfield
Rochester Hills, Michigan
“Nice hotel off of I-71”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We had a nice one day visit at the hotel coming out of Columbus. The hotel was easy to find and is located across the Ohio State Police station. Breakfast was normal and hotel was clean. No problems with indoor air conditioner.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Jesse B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield-South @ I-71, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey for our Mansfield South property. We appreciate your business and are happy to see that you had enjoyed your recent stay with us. We look forward to accommodation you in the future. Thank you again and have a great day.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We were a little disappointed in the condition of this Hampton. It is definitely time to replace the worn carpets, the chipped furniture and woodwork and the torn upholstery. On the positive side, the bed was okay and the breakfast very good with lots of fresh choices. Maybe by the time YOU decide to stay here, it will be all renewed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jred922
Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey for our Mansfield South property. We apologize for the delayed response as we are under new management. I am sorry to hear that you had experienced some issues with building and maintenance during your stay. The Mansfield South Hampton Inn and Suites is going on eight years of age and we are in the process of updating rooms as occupancy allows. We plan on making major renovations after the summer season subsides to ensure our guests have a fabulous stay. Guest feedback is highly appreciated and is always taken into consideration. If you would like to reach out personally please feel free to contact me at 419.774.1010
Indianapolis, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Generally consistent quality as all Hampton/Hilton hotels, my preferred brand. Reasonable quality breakfast with many options. This physical structure needs some attention to maintenance - gaps in door from room to hallway creating light and noise issues. Love the location at I-71 and easy drive to Malabar Farms Inn restaurant.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Nunda, NY
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Our king room was small but adequate. Clean and the expected Hampton comfortable bed with that awesome fresh duvet. Room was quiet. Breakfast seemed a bit below Hampton standards.
There are restaurants nearby, but they are a little hard to get to. Not walking distance, due to highways.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank craigston
Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey for our Mansfield South property. We apologize for the delayed response as we are under new management. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We continually strive to include our ammenities such as breakfast. Guest feedback is highly appreciated and is always taken into consideration. If you would like to reach out personally please feel free to contact me at 419.774.1010
BENWOOD
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Manageress made sure we got a microwave and refrig in our room as they come on first come basis. We appreciated that. The bed however was so high it was hard for a 5'9 person to get on let alone the 5'3 one. She pulled the bench to the bed climbed up on that to get in. It was rather funny in a way but inconvient and uncomfortable to have to clamber up this way.

Room Tip: So hotels are going with tall beds. If your not a basketball player it may behoove you to ask if the...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank CHRISTOPHER R
Jesse B, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield-South @ I-71, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey for our Mansfield South property. We apologize for the delayed response as we are under new management. I am sorry to hear that you had experienced some issues with the bed during your stay. The Mansfield South Hampton Inn and Suites is going on eight years of age and we are in the process of updating rooms as occupancy allows. We plan on making major renovations after the summer season subsides to ensure our guests have a fabulous stay, but we must comply with Hilton standards. Guest feedback is highly appreciated and is always taken into consideration. If you would like to reach out personally please feel free to contact me at 419.774.1010
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The check in was wonderful Eric was very helpful on the phone and when I arrived. The checkout was a bit rushed and he appeared to want to rush me on my way. the heating and cooling system was not working properly maybe an explanation of how it works in the room upon checkin everyone who stays at the hotel may not be savy with the thermastat. the breakfast area had rotten bannanas and oranges on display for eating not very nice. the room smelled and you could hear the people next door to me and above me. I paid $224.00 and it definately was not worth it. The only reason I would stay again is because its near ny family in Mansfield, Ohio. The other reason I did not complain is because I wanted my children to have a good time because it is the only vacation I could afford, and I wanted them to be able to say they went somewhere this summer.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank phyllisq2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for our Mansfield South property. We apologize for the delayed response as we are under new management. I am sorry to hear that you had experienced some issues with building and maintenance during your stay. The Mansfield South Hampton Inn and Suites is going on eight years of age and we are in the process of updating rooms as occupancy allows. We plan on making major renovations after the summer season subsides to ensure our guests have a fabulous stay. Guest feedback is highly appreciated and is always taken into consideration. If you would like to reach out personally please feel free to contact me at 419.774.1010
United States
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed here about 18 months ago and did not have a good experience. The hotel l was undergoing renovations at the time of that stay, so we decided to give it another chance. BAD IDEA! Checked in late and no one was at desk; had to call to wake up the desk clerk who was sleeping in the back. Upon entering the shower the next morning, we discovered mold & a shower door panel that did not close all the way. Disgusting! Bathroom in general was not up to Hampton standards; cracked tile; dirty grout etc. Breakfast was for the most part inedible. "Sausage" that was cold and congealed; eggs with some sort of cheese that did not melt; oatmeal that looked like gray tapioca pudding. The only decent things to eat were the cold cereals and small containers of yogurt. We went to the desk upon checkout to express our concerns and not surprisingly, no one was there staffing it. Since we didn't have time to once again call and locate a clerk we left. Clearly, the only thing they renovated from our first visit was the lobby. So, if you want to sleep in a nice lobby then this is the place for you. However if you want a room that is clean and a decent breakfast, then avoid this Hampton at all costs. Clearly they do not understand customer service or value for the dollars spent. It's a shame because their location is great and quite frankly there are not a lot of above average lodging options in Mansfield. We will not be giving them a third chance!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank HHLVR
Jesse B, Director of Sales & Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield-South @ I-71, responded to this review, 4 August 2014