“Do not stay here!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Mansfield
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Do not stay here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

The brochures are misleading. This place is a dump.

If you can get through the pot hole filled parking lot and make your way past the abandoned restaurant you can find the run down "office."

We traveled to this area of Ohio for the Mid-Ohio Indy Race. We knew the hotels would be filled, so we booked a room way back in February in order to save our space. The day before we received an email (from Expedia) confirming our reservation.

When we arrived, after waiting 15 minutes for the manager to show up at the office, we were told that they didn't have any rooms.

It reminded me of this Seinfeld episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSZYsyrP3Co&feature=player_detailpage#t=18s

Luckily, I had the TripAdvisor app on my phone, and I was able to call and book a room at the last minute at another hotel that was up the road in Ashland.

Seriously, don't waste your time with this place. Rent a motor home, stay in a tent, or drive further away to find something if you're attending the Mid-Ohio race.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank boone85

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Conesus, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

The reservation website description indicated "newly remodeled". The room included a refrigerator and microwave. When I checked in, the first room I was assigned contained ants wandering around the bathroom floor and over the pillows on the bed. I returned to the front desk. After some waiting -because there was just one hard working man on duty doing the best he could- I got another room. Like the first room, it was not equipped with a fridge or microwave. It wasn't "newly remodeled". The TV remote did not work. I there were no batteries in it. I went back to the front desk. I received new batteries and instructions on how to program it. I was successful at the programming, but after only a few minutes of TV viewing the TV shut off. It had been a long day. I let it go. The TV still didn't work the second night. I suspected that the electrical pop noise I heard the night before came from the receptacle. I plugged it into another receptacle. It worked. 10 minutes later it died again. It wouldn't work from the original receptacle either. Also, I remember other customers making trips to the front desk because their room keys (magnetic strip type) didn't work. It was because the batteries were dead (or missing?) in the door lock mechanisms. The pool was closed. A good idea because it was empty. No swimming in July! The owner has no set hours. He's in and out after 2 pm, usually. I have not been able to contact him since my return home. He hasn't returned my calls.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank bullymassive
Needmore, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

This was one of the worse places I have seen since my teenage years as a runaway. We booked for 3 nights and did not stay 5 minutes. The parking lot alone scared us, so we decided to ask to see a room before agreeing to it and boy are we glad we did. The mold smell knocked you over when the door was opened, along with the bathroom floor being wet and the owner used a towel under his feet to dry it explaining he did not know why it was happening. Then we saw all the mold on the walls with the dead bugs on the floor. We ran and I would suggest everyone else does also! NO mattress covers and the they were covered with holes. We went to the Country Inn & Suites paid 2 times as much but it was so worth it!!

Room Tip: Country Inns & Suites Mansfield Ohio
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank mommafatboy
teldo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2011

i read all this review and i still sted in there i like this place so much when ever i go i will stay at this motel all time, thanks to those girls that review was rely helped i don' know about those other review what they are talking about but i asked for non smoking room and remodel, and i like this motel

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank paulteldo
Mansfield, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2011

The weekly rate was 120, but since they supposedly didn't have any single bed rooms available, only double, they wanted to charge me 159. I noticed rooms in front where I could see through the window a single bed room unoccupied, but when I inquired I was told those rooms were newly remolded and not availabe for weekly rates. Other hotels charge based on # of occupants and not the # of beds. I felt like the 120 weekly rate on the sign and the open curtain rooms in front showing newly remolded rooms were just bait. Plus I slipped and nearly fell on the ice in front of the office since they don't plow or salt. Needless to say I took my business elsewhere...

Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank AmericanSpirit
Titusville, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2010

I was working around mansfield, oh and this hotel drew me in from the sign outside saying 119 weekly well it ended up being 157 since I had to get a double room. Room service only came around once a week! Since they only came around once a week I went to try to get fresh towels and they wont even give me that. Plus the rooms are cold, lukewarm at the most. I also guess that they dont know how to shovel since the walk ways were covered and never got shoveled. I can see someone falling and them getting a lawsuit. I am not going to stay at this motel again.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank njstewart07
Scott Twp.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2010

a bit skeptical upon pulling in (2 young girls at 4 am) but this family run motel turned out to be super clean, new bathrooms with shiny white grout, great water pressure, decently comfy bed, all for 39.99!!! Man operating hotel was really friendly and helpful. Note: name was recently changed to Mansfield inn, you might still find it under best value inn.

• Stayed December 2010