“poor management”

and 1 more site!
Rodeway Inn
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Mansfield
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I reserved a non smoking room upon my arrival the indian that im guessing is the manager was drunk and give me a smoking room. i will never stay there again it was the worst service i have ever recieved

• Stayed: December 2013
4  Thank saragis
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Up on arriving our car was about totaled from all the deep pot holes. The parking lot was nothing but a sheet of ice and about kiiled myself just trying to get in our room. My husband went to the office too get coffee because they advertise free coffee and the the lady gave him 3 packs that was nice of her you say NOT the following morning she told the owner we took all the coffee!!! I had to explain to the owner who cannot speak English well that she gave us the coffee! We paid for the week and if I could get a refund I would have left, got here on a Friday and if you pay for the week you can only get clean linings on Wednesday and Thursdays! Why back to back? Thats just nasty on Sunday I asked for coffee and it was like I asked for cash! Mind you I didn't get any said they was all out because we took it all! Monday went to see if they had coffee and was told we was going to start to be charged for coffee! Are you kidding me, like I said NEVER AGAIN! Didn't know coffee is a big deal around here! Room was very dirty. Cob Webb's every where. Staff was very unfriendly. They say free wifi. But cant get service in your room. All in all very unsatisfied with entire stay at Mansfield inn would not recommend this motel to anybody

• Stayed: December 2013
4  Thank Samantha K
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times in the last 2 years and have always had a nice, clean room. The area in which it is located has easy access to 30 Expressway and I-71. The adjacent Bar & Grille has a nice atmosphere with 2 bars to choose from and live bands. The food was really good and the prices were very competitive.

The rooms I have stayed in were renovated recently and when I chose to stay for an extra night, I got a discount on the room....I was very pleased with the room and the surround location. I will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Samantha M
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I was extremely surprised with how nice the rooms are for the price. When I looked at the place from the outside I was skeptical, but once I saw the rooms I was sold. It is also collocated with a very nice neighborhood bar with very good food at a great price. I will stay there anytime we are working in the Mansfield area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank CBFan2013
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Take the time to get to know the staff and owners! Good people, rooms have been renovated and were clean. Close to Mid Ohio Sports Car Course and the rates were great on an IndyCar weekend. Stayed for 12 days while testing and racing and it was a great value. Not a luxury facility by any means but a good place for a business traveler.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank PWC2013
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I have stayed in this hotel four times in the last six months and will be staying again later this month. Granted, it is not the Holiday Inn or Marriott... but it is clean and decent for the price. I suppose most of the reviews here are older, but my recent stays have been satisfactory. The owner is friendly and has come to know me and my girlfriend on sight... even remembers what room we had previously and offers it again. I have stayed here repeatedly and will continue to do so. Only problem I have ever had is having to once have the door key card reflashed as I was unable to open the door. My girlfriend is a heavy coffee drinker and is always provided with extra coffee upon request.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank D_Blankenship1488
Reviewed 9 November 2012

First off let me state I only stayed here because there was no other hotels available when I went to book late for the Mid-Ohio Indy race. When I made the reservation I was given one price, when I showed up 450 miles from home after a long day at the track I was charged a rate $30 higher than the reservation. At this point I had no choice but to pay it, there were people in line who had reservations and there were no rooms available at all. After returning home I spoke to the manager on 7, YES 7 different occasions to get a credit for the difference. Each time being promised it would go back on my card. No credit was ever received on my card.

Now onto the hotel itself, it is a dump! Thankfully I did not have my wife and kids with me as I would have been afraid of them catching something. The bathroom was disgusting, mildew in the shower, cigarette burns all down the side of the tub, then to top it off a hole punched in the door. The AC did not work, the linens had cigarette burns as well, the pool was empty and full of stagnant water, the front of restaurant that is part of the hotel is boarded up, the parking lot of the hotel could barely be driven through by a normal car. I could go on and on, but based on the other reviews you get the point.

Definitely worth driving further and paying more money. Like I mentioned worst hotel I have ever stayed in, even worse than some I have stayed at in 3rd world countries.

Room Tip: Stay away, worth driving further away to a descent hotel and worth paying more.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends