“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Mansfield
Okemos, Michigan
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

My Wife and I spent 4 nights here last week for a Mid Ohio race weekend. I've stayed at many hotels in this area and my favorite used to be the Country Inn and Suites but they've become way too greedy on race weekends. This was our first stay here and I sprung for a King suite. Very nice place! The room was spacious and clean. I didn't ask about a better rate like the last reviewer, but I wouldn't have expected anything on a very full race weekend.

We did not make much use of the facilities. I would run down to take away coffee and food while my Wife got ready, then we would head out until evening. The breakfast selection lookws great. I got an egg dish and sausage everyday and they were very good. Never even saw the pool even though we brought swimsuits. We just relaxed in our comfortable room and ate food we brought with us and kept in the room fridge. Didn't feel like driving any where for dinner and it saved us a few bucks.

My only complaint, if you can can call it that, was that we were at one end of the hall and the ice machine was at the other. 120 paces! But it's not their fauly that we drink :-)

I just looked to see if I could book for next year and maybe get a jump on the race weekend rates before the schedule is announce, but their reservation calendar doesn't go out that far. I booked last November for last weeks trip.

We'll be back next year!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sherry M, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Thank you for your kind compliments, I am very happy that you decided to spend your race weekend with us and that you will be coming back next year! I appreciate your compliments on your room and the breakfast, we have worked hard on having the best hotel breakfast available in this area and I am glad you enjoyed it. Maybe next year you will take a gander at the pool and once you see it, you will want to jump in! It will be a wonderful addition to your relaxing race weekend the temperature is always perfect and the hot tub is always a hit after a day of activities!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Cambridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

Checking in at our pre-booked hotel, I asked Michelle on the front desk, "I assume I already have the best rate?", she said she'd look and came back with a better one! Can you believe that? What service! (I'm unsure of the perks of being a Choice Privileges Member if I don't get the best rates?!). Wow, was I impressed by this and my stay was started off on such a good note!

On the walk to our room, we spotted the "Pool" sign. "Let me just have a peek" I said to my other half... Wow, it was beautiful and so inviting (and so void of people!). We proceeded to our room, wow again! Quality is right! I've stayed in a lot of the Choice Hotels but this one was really a step above. Our room was quite large, the bedding was a beautiful sage green quilt and it just looked ritzy (and clean) - and the homemade chocolate on our pillow was a sweet touch (pardon the pun). We got cleaned up and decided we'd go for a swim - a nice treat as most Choice hotels we've stayed at don't have pools. Wow, lovely! It was a perfect temperature, spa like. The pool is big enough for laps and the hot tub was nice and relaxing after a long day of driving.

Our bellies got the best of us, not too many places to eat around here at a later hour but there are some choices. Unfortunately, the choice we made was NOT a place I would recommend (I think it was called Aces Grill and it should probably be removed from their directory, only for the hotel's sake, blech! Lucky they had cold beer for us Canadians because the food offerings were limited and what we ordered was gross!).

Anyway, back to our room - I have to say that this was the most comfortable (king) bed I've ever slept in at a hotel. Not saggy AT ALL! The duvet on it was luxurious (so much so that I checked the tag in the morning to see what it was so I could get one at home but alas, it was a Quality Inn brand, boohoo). Sleep was comfortable and mostly quiet (except for a few inconsiderate guests and their doors).

Breakfast in the morning was amazing!!! What a good-sized dining room with a ton of selection. Waffles and omelettes, biscuits and cereal. Enough to keep everyone happy. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again nor would I hesitate to recommend it. In fact, I've always been loyal to the Comfort Inn line but I think I'll veer more towards the Quality inn hotels going forward.

Quality Inn & Suites in Mansfield, OH - Thanks for being a perk to our holiday instead of just a place we slept that night.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask the front desk if you got the best rate if you book through the Choice Privileges...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sherry M, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Well colour me happy, what a wonderful review! Thank you for all your nice compliments and insight on the local restaurant near by. I will definitely share this with my staff especially Michelle. I am very pleased you enjoyed our amenities and the small details we put into our guest stays. I must agree our pool is wonderful it just calls you to jump in and if there is a few people already in there it doesn't feel crowded as most hotel pools do due to its size. We have worked hard on our breakfast to satisfy many palettes, so I very much appreciate your compliments. I hope you do come back to visit us very soon!
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

enjoyed my stay very much, hotel is in excellent location, close to restaurants etc. Very comfy bed and an excelleny nights sleep. Hotel is nice and modern. the lobby is lovely also.
Very impressed at the breakfast selection, which was excellent

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sherry M, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 27 July 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review for your stay at our property. It is wonderful that you found great value in your stay as we strive for this for all of our guest with great guest service, clean and maintained rooms with a great breakfast. We have vamped up our breakfast and have included many new items and change our hot items daily so our long term guest don't get bored of the same items every day. My goal is to have the best hotel breakfast in the Mansfield area and I pleased you enjoyed it!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a family reunion, so no one would have to drive home. This hotel was a convenient location for all of us due to the close proximity to highways and restaurants, etc. Our room was spotless and very modern in decor. The beds were so soft and comfy, room was spacious, and bedding very clean and modern. Helpful staff and clean, humongous pool area!! The hot breakfast in the morning was amazing!! Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sherry M, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Thank you for your excellent review, I am happy your family choose us for their gathering! We pride ourselves in being a great hotel for groups with easy access to restaurants, shopping and the highways (without the noise). Quality Inn hotels are coming up in the world and I am very pleased you were satisfied with our location. We strive to have all of our guest have an excellent visit with us and I am happy we reached our goal with your stay, hope to see you soon!
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

Really enjoyed our stay. The family suite was nicely done-even though there was no door dividing any of the spaces, the way it is arranged with the bathroom/kitchen dividing the living area (and sofabed) and the bedroom worked well giving everyone their space after a day of driving.

Traveling with kids makes the pool really important to us. This is probably the best pool I've used in a hotel in terms of size and temperature together. It is a good size for lap swimming, both wide and long. And the water temperature was perfect. Warm enough to get in comfortably but not so warm it was uncomfortable to swim in. Really, this alone is all we need to come back when we are in the area. Only thing that could be better is to not close it at 10. Having come from the west and crossed a time zone, we got there very close to 10. The manager on duty kindly let us have a few extra minutes in the pool after 10. While we were in there, NINE other people came in to swim. Obviously 10 pm is too early to close the pool--especially when it doesn't open til 10 the next am so there is no chance for an early swim before checking out. Don't see why it needs to close, it isn't like there's a lifeguard or anything in there.

The breakfast room was really nice and the selections included several protein sources--eggs, sausage, biscuits and sausage gravy, boiled eggs, yogurt. Everyone was happy.

Only thing I missed, and I only knew about it because of other reviews, was that there were no cookies :-(. But if I hadn't known about them from other reviews it wouldn't have mattered--I just thought it would be a nice treat for the kids and I'm glad I hadn't mentioned it before we got there, so other parents, you might not want to either just in case. Once the kids see the pool they won't miss the cookies anyway.

The town is small, if you get in late your dining options are limited; there is a Domino's Pizza down the street that can serve the purpose for a late night meal.

We will definitely stay there again when we pass through.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sherry M, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Thank you for your kind words and reviewing about our property! I must agree the pool is the best feature and the largest pool I've ever seen for a mid-scale hotel. It is a true gem of our property and great for guest after long travels or a hard day at work. We do have pool hours to allow the chemicals time to do their job, yet we are very accommodating and open it early for morning laps or for night owls that want to unwind! I apologize that the cookies ran out before your arrival we bake a few dozen a day and want to keep them fresh so when it's late we don't replenish them, however if you sweet talk the guest representatives they would be happy to bake some fresh for you! I am overjoyed that you enjoyed your stay and your loyalty to our property when you visit Mansfield! Thank you, your much appreciated.
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

This hotel was very very clean and fresh nd updated and did I say clean?? Very nice lobby and the food...WOW... I have never stayed at a hotel where you can eat all the cookies and fruit and coffee anytime you feel like it. And the breakfast..>WOW it was amazing also. I was just so amazed at everything being so nice and clean and fresh. all the way to the tiles on the bathroom floors to the carpets in the hallway to the muffin I ate in the morning and the gazillion awesome cookies I ate!!!.....But the best part was the staff...they where very accommodating and inviting making me feel like iv been their a million times. I think the Manager's name was Sherry McNabb she was awesome I felt like she really cared about not only the hotel but me as a guest as well. I am going to stay here every time I come to this City. its close to the Mall and everything I was doing on any side of town. If you stay here I promise you wont be disappointed and you wont GO HUNGRY!! lol...

Room Tip: Ask for the suits with the little kitchen and little living room. They where very spacious.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sherry M, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 15 June 2013
Cookies here are a huge hit, most guest remember us by them. Its a nice way to welcome our guest after long travels and a reason to have our guest come to the lobby to get acquainted with our staff. I appreciate all the wonderful compliments on my staff and myself, you are a joy to have with us and I appreciate your loyalty to our hotel when your in Mansfield. Thank you for your review and hope to see you and your family very soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

We really enjoyed the accommodations and excellent customer service provided by the staff and management at Quality Inn! We thoroughly enjoyed the pool, hot tub and sauna. The experience was enjoyable and we were treated like family. Great job, Quality Inn!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Just like the Italian restaurant, when your here your family! Thank you for your wonderful review, it is much appreciated and I will share it with my staff! I am very happy that you had a great experience during your stay. We strive to have the best guest service, clean and maintained rooms and a great breakfast for our guest, and I am pleased we have delivered that for your stay! Hope to see you very soon, take care!