“Excellent Customer Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Mansfield
Lima, Ohio, United States
“Excellent Customer Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

I would like to commend Lori Owens for all her help when I was reserving several rooms for a Men's Conference in Mansfield. What a positive experience! She treated me like a was a person and not a number. Her demeanor was exceptional. She was polite and courteous and she was very personable. She made doing business with the company very easy. I would also like to commend Sadie as well. She answered the phone when I first called in to make the reservations and once again, her demeanor was exceptional. Thanks to both of these ladies for their extraordinary customer service. They are both great assets to this company.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sherry M, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Thank you, thank you, thank you for such a wonderful review you made my heart go pitter pat! It makes me so proud of my staff when they are mentioned in reviews and it proves that they enjoy what they do and want our guest to have excellent experiences! I am very pleased that you had a great experience working with Lori and Sadie and we look forward to working with you to ensure a great stay for your conference next year. I must agree with you, they are great assets to our company and I am proud to have them as part of my staff! Thank you again with beaming pride.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

The room itself was clean and the front desk lady was helpful. However, the walls were very thin. On one side we heard someone suffering from a cold who was coughing all night and the person on the other side snored! The complimentary breakfast was decent for being free and the wifi was great!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I must agree, you do get what you pay for! I appreciate your time to review our property and your nice compliments of my staff. Our goal is to have each of our guest have an excellent experience of great guest service, clean and maintained rooms with a sense of value so that they will return and refer their friends. I do want to apologize for the lack of sound barrier between the walls, that which interrupted what should have been a great night of sleep for you. I will look into correcting this issue in the very near future. I do appreciate the feedback and hope that you will return to our property the next time you visit Mansfield, OH!
m
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

Going on three years my son has been at the Ashland University and I have stayed in Ashland. I have tried 6 places and I have not been totally happy. We decided to try a 15 min. drive to Mansfield and stayed at Quality Inn & Suites on N. Trimble Rd. Wish I found this place a few year ago I would of never looked for another place. I will return and stay. Very clean place. Front desk ladys are nice and the house keeper say hi and the breakfast room is very clean and good. I was totally please and will return. Also you are close to the mall and many places to eat DInner

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice. It is worth the little extra for the suite if you have a college kid to just...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sherry M, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Thank you for taking your time to write your wonderful review. We do pride ourselves on being a preferred hotel for the Ashland University sports program, I hope your review helps other parents decide on their accommodations when visiting their children at AU! Its hard being away from your children, so I am pleased we were able to provide an excellent experience during your reunion with your son! Hope to see you very soon, and again thank you for your wonderful review!
North River, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

The only problem I had was due to the fact I had a small trailer I had to park in the back lot and the door by the pool can not be used from the out side. This becomes a problem when you are handicapped and this is not noted on the map, it made for a long walk.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sherry M, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Thank you for your feedback and your nice scores on our property. It is much needed guest feedback that continues our improvement for guest services. I had thought a few months ago that I should post a sign near that walkway but got sidetracked but since you have commented I have ordered one to post. We do not send guest to that entrance when we show the property map during check-in however, many guest go down that walkway. I do apologize for any inconvenience and confusion this may have caused you. Again, I thank you for your feedback and nice scores and hope to see you soon!
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

Great stay! Very comfortable and accommodating on a last minute reservation. Beautiful rooms-- seems very new. Breakfast was more than what most hotels give which was a nice surprise.
Thank you! If I am ever back in the area this is absolutely my stay.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sherry M, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Thank you for your kind compliments and your time for reviewing our property. Our rooms have been completely renovated, including all new mattresses and new bedding completed in February of 2012 with a new breakfast room. I appreciate your compliments on the breakfast as it is our goal to have the best hotel breakfast in the Mansfield area! I appreciate your business and that you will return to our hotel when you are in the Mansfield area!
Okemos, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

My Wife and I spent 4 nights here last week for a Mid Ohio race weekend. I've stayed at many hotels in this area and my favorite used to be the Country Inn and Suites but they've become way too greedy on race weekends. This was our first stay here and I sprung for a King suite. Very nice place! The room was spacious and clean. I didn't ask about a better rate like the last reviewer, but I wouldn't have expected anything on a very full race weekend.

We did not make much use of the facilities. I would run down to take away coffee and food while my Wife got ready, then we would head out until evening. The breakfast selection lookws great. I got an egg dish and sausage everyday and they were very good. Never even saw the pool even though we brought swimsuits. We just relaxed in our comfortable room and ate food we brought with us and kept in the room fridge. Didn't feel like driving any where for dinner and it saved us a few bucks.

My only complaint, if you can can call it that, was that we were at one end of the hall and the ice machine was at the other. 120 paces! But it's not their fauly that we drink :-)

I just looked to see if I could book for next year and maybe get a jump on the race weekend rates before the schedule is announce, but their reservation calendar doesn't go out that far. I booked last November for last weeks trip.

We'll be back next year!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sherry M, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Thank you for your kind compliments, I am very happy that you decided to spend your race weekend with us and that you will be coming back next year! I appreciate your compliments on your room and the breakfast, we have worked hard on having the best hotel breakfast available in this area and I am glad you enjoyed it. Maybe next year you will take a gander at the pool and once you see it, you will want to jump in! It will be a wonderful addition to your relaxing race weekend the temperature is always perfect and the hot tub is always a hit after a day of activities!
Cambridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

Checking in at our pre-booked hotel, I asked Michelle on the front desk, "I assume I already have the best rate?", she said she'd look and came back with a better one! Can you believe that? What service! (I'm unsure of the perks of being a Choice Privileges Member if I don't get the best rates?!). Wow, was I impressed by this and my stay was started off on such a good note!

On the walk to our room, we spotted the "Pool" sign. "Let me just have a peek" I said to my other half... Wow, it was beautiful and so inviting (and so void of people!). We proceeded to our room, wow again! Quality is right! I've stayed in a lot of the Choice Hotels but this one was really a step above. Our room was quite large, the bedding was a beautiful sage green quilt and it just looked ritzy (and clean) - and the homemade chocolate on our pillow was a sweet touch (pardon the pun). We got cleaned up and decided we'd go for a swim - a nice treat as most Choice hotels we've stayed at don't have pools. Wow, lovely! It was a perfect temperature, spa like. The pool is big enough for laps and the hot tub was nice and relaxing after a long day of driving.

Our bellies got the best of us, not too many places to eat around here at a later hour but there are some choices. Unfortunately, the choice we made was NOT a place I would recommend (I think it was called Aces Grill and it should probably be removed from their directory, only for the hotel's sake, blech! Lucky they had cold beer for us Canadians because the food offerings were limited and what we ordered was gross!).

Anyway, back to our room - I have to say that this was the most comfortable (king) bed I've ever slept in at a hotel. Not saggy AT ALL! The duvet on it was luxurious (so much so that I checked the tag in the morning to see what it was so I could get one at home but alas, it was a Quality Inn brand, boohoo). Sleep was comfortable and mostly quiet (except for a few inconsiderate guests and their doors).

Breakfast in the morning was amazing!!! What a good-sized dining room with a ton of selection. Waffles and omelettes, biscuits and cereal. Enough to keep everyone happy. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again nor would I hesitate to recommend it. In fact, I've always been loyal to the Comfort Inn line but I think I'll veer more towards the Quality inn hotels going forward.

Quality Inn & Suites in Mansfield, OH - Thanks for being a perk to our holiday instead of just a place we slept that night.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask the front desk if you got the best rate if you book through the Choice Privileges...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sherry M, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Well colour me happy, what a wonderful review! Thank you for all your nice compliments and insight on the local restaurant near by. I will definitely share this with my staff especially Michelle. I am very pleased you enjoyed our amenities and the small details we put into our guest stays. I must agree our pool is wonderful it just calls you to jump in and if there is a few people already in there it doesn't feel crowded as most hotel pools do due to its size. We have worked hard on our breakfast to satisfy many palettes, so I very much appreciate your compliments. I hope you do come back to visit us very soon!