“WE ARE SO GLAD TO BE BACK!!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mantua
Roundup Lake RV Resort
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We left the park last year a little too soon! Our family has been in the park for 43 years and we have carried the tradition on through the years. We left last year thinking that things could not return to the way they were before. WE WERE SOOO WRONG! When we heard there was new management we were excited. When we returned and experienced what the management and Seasonals were doing together to bring the park back to life, we were THRILLED! It's back to it's old self and it only took one season! With the removal of the old management and the vacating of negative Seasonals, it has opened the door for the family fun to begin! We were so upset when we left, but saw no other choice. Between the "trouble starters" and the management, it seemed like a losing battle but they are going or gone so it's time to come back and enjoy the park again!! We have enjoyed clam bakes, holiday parties, cook offs and so much more! All these events are kid friendly so it was that much easier to enjoy ourselves! We will be looking for our new site this winter and looking forward to next spring!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank mandbfranks

Reviewed 21 October 2013

What a great place to camp! There are so many great activities and so much for the kids to do. The are great activities for the adults on the weekends and everyone loves to have fun at night. The neighbors are great and when we had a problem with a campsite a few down being a bit loud, we nicely went over and the problem was solved right away.

Room Tip: Make sure you get the one with two queen beds... way worth the difference.. (Kidding, this is a camp...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jay R
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I was wary after reading the varied reviews, and decided I just needed to find out for myself. And it was a relief to find this park is just as it was back in the Jellystone days. We stayed here many times over the years, and I was worried that maybe it had changed. In fact, if not for the signs with the name change and the reviews below, I wouldn't have known there was an ownership change. Workers were busy with upkeep around the park, and they were friendly and chatty. I did not notice any dearth of permanent RVs. Bathhouse was sparkling. I'd highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rambler8
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We had camped with our pop up camper at Jellystone for years and loved it until, for whatever reason, the staff, cleanliness and activities went downhill a few years, ago. So we were a bit reluctant to try Round Up Lake last weekend but am I glad we did! Everything was back to the way it was. It was clean, the staff was plentiful and HELPFUL and there were activities galore for both the children and the adults ( great time at the luau party). I think the biggest reason I have always liked this campground is the amount of real estate you get at each site. The sites are enormous and it is so nice to be able to spread out on a nice large grassy site. ( These are the largest camp sites I have ever seen ) So spread the word. Round Up Lake is back and better than ever!!!

Room Tip: Always get a site close to the bathrooms!!!
1  Thank Matt G
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We camped when the location was called Jellystone for 4 summers in a row in 2007-2010...kids were younger and lots to do all day or we were fine just hanging at our site. We loved it then...took a few years off to try other places. Just recently we booked a few nights to tent camp because of the close location. The camp was clean, everyone who worked there was friendly, the check in was simple, we got the site we wanted and reserved. My big thing is the restrooms and showers need to be clean and in working order...they were fine...had no problem. My kids are older and they had a good time too. We played putt putt ($1 each) several times. The course is in decent condition; same as when it was Jellystone. This camp is over 600 acres...the grounds are beautiful. The lake, the hilly primitive camp site areas are great to walk to and sit and relax. The beach is only open limited hours, which was fine for us...we did not use it as the only thing to complain about was the lack of hot weather...it was in the low 70's so swimming was not a priority. Used the pool which was also fine. I have to say we had a good time and enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: I would drive around the camp to find a site that best fits your needs, shady, sunny, close to showe...
2  Thank LHannus103
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Under new mgmt. Best thing to have happened to the park. New company is restoring the grounds to be that wonderful family campground it always was. Been a seasonal for approx. 10 years. New staff is maintaining the grounds, pool, beach, lake, bathrooms, etc. It looks great! Many fun activities & entertainment for the kids & adults too. Definitely will continue camping in this great environment.

5  Thank Joseph C
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I bring my kids camping every year and had been to this resort many times when it was Jellystone and LOVED IT. I was familiar with the set up of the resort which is why I decided to try it out again under this management...BIG MISTAKE. I cant believe how they ruined such a great place. The worker at the front desk was RUDE to my children....the arcade was not open when it should of been (tried at 12:15 and 5 and it was closed both times, are the hours 1-4?!??!) Went to rent canoe at 6 pm, rentals stop at 5....REALLY, cause the paper said beach was open till 7pm!??!??!?) The place was darn near a ghost town in comparison to YOGI days...and I see why!!!!!!!!! Don't waste your money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank km_333699

Been to Roundup Lake RV Resort? Share your experiences!