My wife and I have stayed here twice. The rooms are average in size and ours had a balcony overlooking Sandusky Bay. There are also a number of cottages located between the hotel and the bay area. Our room had a spa tub. The property is apparently privately owned and the staff is friendly. The interior of the hotel is clean and very functional. The property is not luxurious, but it is in a great location to explore Marblehead and close to the ferries which take you to the popular Lake Erie Island destinations. There appears to be deep water dockage and the property would be great for a family with all kinds of recreational and playground equipment available. You can get a "romance package which includes the bay view room, spa tub, wine, and dinner reservations at Mon Ami a nearby winery restaurant. It is quiet and relaxing, but we were there in the preseason.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 8 1/2 Acres waterfront resort, with three heated in-ground pools, private sand beach, Jacuzzi, tennis courts, basketball court, 38 boat slip marina. Centrally located near Sandusky, Cedar Point, Put-In-Bay, Port Clinton, Lake Erie Islands ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your South Beach Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Beach Hotel Marblehead
- South Beach Marblehead
- South Beach Resort Hotel Marblehead, Ohio