South Beach Resort Hotel
Lake Point Motel(Marblehead)
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe cottageslake eriepirate shipjacuzzi tubadult poolcedar pointfamily reunionsmall beachking roomfire pitpoolstennis
Reviewed 27 September 2012

My Wife purchased a getaway for us. It was this past fall weekend and we loved it. The breakfast was small but good, the other guests were great, Christopher was so nice and hospitable. We are going back in July because we enjoyed it so much. Beautiful location, awsome views....I can go on....I highly recommend....Maybe complainers were expectiing the Four Season....I don't know...

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Raysha F
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I was training for the Jet Express Triathlon and wanted a hotel that was located on the bike route. That (and the positive reviews) is why I chose this hotel.

The room was clean and well-equipped. I always appreciate good toiletries and SBRH had Bath & Body Works products. The room had a hot tub that we didn't use and a nice balcony. We enjoyed the adult pool/hot tub after our bike ride. Great way to end a hard workout and watch the sun go down. Beautiful bay view. We didn't expect breakfast but it was included in our stay. Always a nice touch/bonus!

I felt like the price was ridiculously high at nearly $250/nt for a double queen room. Granted it was high season and most hotels in the area were in the $200/nt range. And since it's a "resort" we had to wear rubber wristbands around the property. I wasn't there long enough to see what the resort really had to offer (aside from the pools) so I thought the wristbands were overkill. Again, we were there just one night and we had a busy schedule so I'm not saying that the hotel has nothing to offer. Please understand.

Other positives... The customer service was great. We heard the history of the hotel, were given directions, restaurant suggestions and safety advice (for our bike ride). Every time we walked in and out of the lobby we were treated like friends. It was so pleasant.

Many positives, but my suggestion is to spend time and take advantage of the amenities so you get your money's worth.

Room Tip: The room next door turned their hot tub on and it was SO loud!! Careful if you go to bed early.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2012

A good place for families with young kids. Don't expect much for the older crowd or older kids. Dont expect much for the continental nreakfast- our breakfast at a comfort inn was better. This was our first trip to the Erie shore.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2012

We stayed August 9-5 (chilly weekend). We arrived an hour early and they checked us right in. The staff was very friendly and helpful. This place is geared towards families. My kids would have loved it when they were younger. It was a get-a-way for me and my husband so it was not an ideal place for us. There are 3 pools. One we were told was an adult pool (which is really just a quite pool) where no splashing is allowed. There were 11 kids in it when were you there. That was a bit disappointing since there were 2 other pools for the kids. All 11 kids with some adults were sitting in the only hot tub attached to the “quiet” pool. The hot tub was not hot and was not even luke warm. Our room was clean with a nice Jacuzzi tub. The only thing wrong with the room was we stayed on the third floor and could hear every step from the couple above us (sounded like a heard up there, and it was only 2 people). You could see a dent in our celing where someone before us tried to silence the people above them. It was crazy loud, even over our fan running. To sum it up; great for families, rooms need sound proofed, staff was very friendly, breakfast was typical cereal, Danish, toast, oatmeal, etc., close to Port Clinton, great view of lake. It was a bit expensive. A fitness room would be a plus but there was not one.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2012

We had a wonderful two-night trip, August 5 & 6th. The hotel staff was very friendly and knowledgable about the area. The hotel rooms were large and nicely decorated. Everyone made you feel comfortable and happy that you were there! The cereal, juice, coffee, toast and bagels hit the spot in the morning. Chris, the manager, was extremely helpful! We plan to visit again!

Room Tip: The rooms do not have a microwave or refrigator, but they do have a coffee-maker.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family