I recently stayed here with my two kids. We were visiting Sandusky for Cedar Point Amusement Park. The resort itself is lovely. They have a nice tennis court, a bonfire, a beach volleyball court, gated and heated pool and hot tub and another Adults pool that is also gated. The beach is small but perfect size for the resort. The man-made pier is very cute and quaint with a gazebo. The Bath and Body toiletries were a nice touch and the rooms were decently sized. A Keurig serves as the coffee maker in the room and the rest is pretty old school. The CRT TV and mattresses where you feel the springs should be updated. A separate sink from the toilet/shower room was a great feature.
Unfortunately, the smell from the waters or the beach volleyball sands were much too fishy to turn on the vent/ac or the doors. And the walls are seriously paper thin where you hear your neighbors on each side and above( in our case).
This resort is about a 35 min drive to Cedar Point but the alternative was a Water Taxi at the resort which would have cost $10 each per person/per direction...$80 was a bit much for 4 of us to take a water taxi so we drove and parked for $15 at Cedar Point.
The package deal that we chose was the 2 night stay with $50 voucher at Mon Ami Winery. The restaurant was wonderful. On a Friday night, they have a special for $55 which includes a bottle of wine and 2 entrees. I would definitely recommend this restaurant! The included continental breakfast consists of packaged Quaker Instant Oatmeal, Kelloggs Breakfast Nutrigrain Bars, 3 Basic Cereals, mini muffins and mini danishes/cinnamon rolls. No frills but is fine for a quick breakfast.
Overall, I rate it a 3 star as it needs some improvements. The staff there is wonderful. But the quality of beds, tv and ventilation could be improved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 8 1/2 Acres waterfront resort, with three heated in-ground pools, private sand beach, Jacuzzi, tennis courts, basketball court, 38 boat slip marina. Centrally located near Sandusky, Cedar Point, Put-In-Bay, Port Clinton, Lake Erie Islands ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your South Beach Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Beach Hotel Marblehead
- South Beach Marblehead
- South Beach Resort Hotel Marblehead, Ohio