After reading the reviews on about this hotel, I decided to go out and see for myself before my family meets in August for a family reunion.
I accompanied the girl at the front desk as she inspected the rooms that had just been cleaned. I found all three to be clean and nice. The price is a little high, but the grounds include 2 nice swimming pools, a kid's pool, a playground, volleyball and tennis courts, fishing pier, and a nice view of the lake.
The girl at the front desk couldn't have been any nicer. She talked with me for over 20 minutes suggesting places to visit and places to eat.
The choices of places to eat are limited, but you're not that far from Sandusky where the choices are plentiful. I ate a nice cafe in Marblehead which was recommended by the front desk.
On the way out, I stopped and talked to people who were already staying there and they were satisfied.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 8 1/2 Acres waterfront resort, with three heated in-ground pools, private sand beach, Jacuzzi, tennis courts, basketball court, 38 boat slip marina. Centrally located near Sandusky, Cedar Point, Put-In-Bay, Port Clinton, Lake Erie Islands ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo and Cancelon so you can book your South Beach Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Beach Hotel Marblehead
- South Beach Marblehead
- South Beach Resort Hotel Marblehead, Ohio