“Nice Place”

The Lighthouse Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marblehead
The Lighthouse Resort
Ranked #4 of 4 Marblehead B&B and Inns
Parma, Ohio, United States
“Nice Place”
Reviewed 14 July 2012

The place is very nice for the area. It is not a 5 star hotel nor is it a "resort" with all the amenities. It is a very nice place to stay in this area. Most places around here are filthy dumps and this is one of the best places in town to stay. The people are very kind and make a very relaxing and pleasurable environment. This is the second year in a row we have stayed here. The rooms are nice, clean and even have Jacuzzi tubs that we really enjoy. I havent used the pool, but I hear that they do have a bug problem. But being from around this area that is expected. I like it here, would recommend it, but I would warn people not to expect a 5 star place. You are paying for the location not the amenities. Good travels!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jacob L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Wanted to visit Marblehead and take a trip to Kelleys Island with my family this past weekend. I choose this hotel despite negative reviews. It was a mistake! The front desk employees are not very friendly. My husband asked about the Kelleys Island Ferry and the clerk said he didn't know anything and said there was a brochure - really - its down the street - I'm sure plenty of people stay there and take a trip to Kelleys. The pool was white and slimy. I wanted to take a swim with my son and thought better of it when I saw the pool. I talked to the front desk and they said they were working on it but it was not fixed by the time we left. The beds in the rooms are horrible as stated in an earlier review. For this establishment to call itself a resort is laughable! Don't waste your money. We actually left after our trip to Kelleys because we thought we would be much more comfortable sleeping in our own beds in Cleveland.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
9 Thank Clevetravelor
Richmond
Reviewed 8 June 2012

This was the first time staying at the hotel, I found the room and the hotel to be very clean.
The Staff was very nice and helpful.
I go over to PIB 3-4 times a year, I have now found a hotel I will be staying at each trip!

Room Tip: I suggest the 3rd floor. We stayed on the 2nd floor, the first night no one stayed above us and it w...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
cleveland
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Special room rates and day after wedding breakfast were arranged with this hotel one year ago. Now 2 weeks before the wedding, we cannot have the breakfast there nor the rooms that have already been booked. Hotel owner says rooms are now booked to a convention. Even room reservations that were given a confirmation number no longer have rooms. One family member told me they made a reservation for a room with kitchenettes, and was called last week by manager and was told their room was down graded to a regular room. And also would be charged an extra $10.00. Several other family members said they couldn't even talk to someone who could intelligently make a reservation and answer questions about the rooms. This is so unbelievable. We are livid that we now have to contact everyone who made or wanted to make a reservation, and inform them of the new hotel they could make a reservation at. This is not a small error such as a mix up of rooms, this is a major cancellation of rooms already reserved without even notifying the customers. Unbelievable. This will be reported to the proper authorities.

Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
26 Thank lmpg11
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 11 February 2012

A wonderful view of Lake Erie, can walk across the road to the lake. Rooms a very clean. Nice pool. The bar makes you feel like you are at Cheers, Where everyone knows your name! They have a separate facility where you can have a company meetings, small weddings, or anytime of party.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 10 February 2012

If your looking for a place to stay in Marblehead, and believe me, there are few choices, The Lighthouse Resort in Marblehead, for us, was the perfect choice. It is situated right on the shore of Lake Erie and is just a short drive from the Millers Ferry to Put-In-Bay and even closer to the Kelly's Island Ferry. We have stayed there twice and the first time was on the 4th of July and they were serving BBQ ribs the whole weekend. Loved it! We enjoyed our dinners at an outside table while taking in the wonderful view of Lake Erie then later sat on the edge of the lake and watched the firework display from Cedar Point.
The hotel itself, had everything that we expected from a hotel. A restaurant, a pool, gift shop and a bar.
Our room had the basic amenities that we expected, two beds, a mini fridge/microwave, A/C, cable TV, shampoo, soap, conditioner, etc..
Everything was in perfect working order in the room and we had no problems at all with anything.
All in all, it is a very nice and peaceful place to stay. Very nice staff and not to far away from the the local attractions. If we decide to make the trip this year to Lake Erie, we will definately stay at The Lighthouse Resort again!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank yager2010
Xenia, Ohio
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Very clean, excellent staff. The staff went out of their way to make it a great trip for my wife and I on our anniversary. Very close to Put-in-bay and about 15 minutes from Cedar Point.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marblehead
South Beach Resort Hotel
Commodore Perry Inn and Suites
Commodore Perry Inn and Suites
#14 of 17 in Port Clinton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Clinton

Been to The Lighthouse Resort? Share your experiences!